Start by marking “The Lost Gentleman (Gentlemen of Disrepute)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Gentleman (Gentlemen of Disrepute)

The Lost Gentleman

(Gentlemen of Disrepute #7)

Is she his downfall or redemption?

Kate Medhurst's days on the high seas are numbered with the fearsome Captain North on her tail. Once captured, pirate Kate knows she should fight him�should hate him�but she cannot.

Captain North is no gentleman�at least, not anymore. But his vow to regain his honor has given him a fresh start. Until he confronts Kate and everything ch

Published February 1st 2015 by Harlequin Historical (first published January 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Gentleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Gentleman

Susan
Very good book with a different kind of heroine. Kate is an American widow, whose husband and friends became privateers as a way to support their families after British blockades destroyed their livelihoods. Kate's husband was killed when his ship was captured by the British, so Kate took over as captain of the ship. She and her crew have wreaked their vengeance on British merchant ships, while hiding her identity from them.

Kit North is a man driven to make reparations for his past. As a young m
Coral
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I grabbed this off the Recently Read shelf at the library (bless the dirty old ladies of the Erindale branch). All it took was for me to see lady pirate captain in the description and I was on board (pun intended).
Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to all its promise. Our heroine and hero are a pirate captain and a pirate hunter, which could have had some delicious conflict. But Kate gets captured right away. I would have loved a prologue where she plunders a ship and kicks some ass. I need
Vana
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out really well. It had interesting characters, the dark troubled Captain North with a desreputable past and Kate Medhurst with her own dangerous secret. It also had good secondary characters in the form of Gunner and young Tom. The first 75 percent in of this novel, for me, was five star reading. However it fell down in the end when they reached London. The dilemmas and sentiments were long drawn out and I found myself skipping pages. I am afraid it laboured a little toward th ...more
Teshai
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My gosh, to live in this time..I couldn't do it. Guess that is because vows and morals don't mean as much now. LOL. Now I'm not saying people now a days do not have morals or keep their vows but this one went a tad overboard. Like he's been dead for three years girl, you have needs and are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Took a tad too long though for these two to finally figure it out.

A tad confused as to why his friends were so mad considering it was Kit that did what he did and suffered for it
PoshGoth
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this expecting it to be full of sex and poorly written (as it is mills and boon) what i found was a well written novel with a great story line. It actually makes you want to read the end before you finish just to see what happens. As for the sex part it is tame well written and well placed in the story. It is not graphic and leaves most to the imagination.
Cynthia
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, pirates
Margaret McPhee does the short Harlequin story proud! In such a short amount of pages, she captures all the tension and high stakes perfectly, that one cannot be but moved by the power of her words running across the page. This is the second book of hers that I have read and am not sorry that I took the chance on it.

This book takes place in my second favorite historical time period, the Napoleonic Wars, 1812. (the first being the Golden Age of Piracy) The protagonists/antagonists are Captain Kit
Aislin Brunt
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent light read with an interesting story that was just long enough to get the tale across without feeling like it was drawn out. Not really what I expected for one of those monthly Harlequin's- Which is good because I never expect much from them in general LOL. Overall I really enjoyed it and it blasted away a lonely Saturday evening.
Harlequin Books
"The latest installment of the Gentlemen of Disrepute series stands alone. It’s an adventurous, passionate, action-packed tale of a pirate hunter who falls for a pirate. It’s destined to become a fan favorite" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).

Miniseries: Gentlemen of Disrepute
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Gentlemen of Disrepute
Bluefly
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Qui la recensione per Isn't It Romantic?

Cheryl
dolores boersma
Feb 01, 2015
Plami
Oct 21, 2018
There is more than one author with this name

Margaret McPhee lives on the West Coast of Scotland with her husband and her pet rabbit called Gwinnie who, at eight years of age, is a grand old lady of the rabbit world. Margaret trained as a scientist, but was always a romantic at heart. She met her husband quite literally between science labs, on a staircase, which was an advantageous first meeting p

Gentlemen of Disrepute (8 books)
  • How to Tempt a Viscount
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Gentlemen of Disrepute #1)
  • A Dark and Brooding Gentleman
  • His Mask of Retribution
  • Mistress to the Marquis
  • The Gentleman Rogue
  • Dicing with the Dangerous Lord (Gentlemen of Disrepute #4)