Start by marking “Lobster Is the Best Medicine: A Collection of Comics About Friendship” as Want to Read:
Lobster Is the Best Medicine: A Collection of Comics About Friendship

Lobster Is the Best Medicine: A Collection of Comics About Friendship

(The Little World of Liz Climo)

Fans have fallen in love with Liz Climo's charmingly quirky animal kingdom, which was first featured in The Little World of Liz Climo-a place where porcupines, anteaters, and grizzly bears all grapple with everyday life with wit and humor.

Friends: They are there when we just want to hang out, or need someone to listen. They make us laugh, and lend a shoulder to cry on. Com
Published October 13th 2015 by Running Press Adult (first published September 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lobster Is the Best Medicine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lobster Is the Best Medicine

karen
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it

this book is ridiculously adorable. how have i never heard of this liz climo person before? she has more than one book, so i'm going to go on a tear and get the rest of them as soon as possible.

i mean, not only does she draw one damn fine red panda:

photo IMG_3042_zpsys7ppmo9.jpg

photo IMG_3039_zpsewzi0x9d.jpg

but she also does SHARKS! it's like she knows just what i like and then she draws it just for me!

photo IMG_3057_zps2jzy7vac.jpg

photo IMG_3055_zpsq7pjtk9w.jpg

photo IMG_3049_zps0v9hvwcl.jpg

photo IMG_3034_zpscnkaco2x.jpg

and there's even a fox for greg!

photo IMG_3029_zpsqooydfs5.jpg

these are just some really adorable critters, being really adorable, and i don't know what else i can say about the
Lola
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could read a hundred books like this one. And I know it seems like I’m exaggerating. ‘‘A *hundred* books, REALLY?’’ But I don’t think I could ever get enough of such sweet panels with animals showing me the meaning of friendship.

I thought this was even better than Liz Climo’s previous graphic novel, ‘‘The Little World of Liz Climo’’. The animals are cleverer and funnier. So there really isn’t anything that I could complain about.

Except maybe the length. It’s so short! Even shorter than the bo
David Schaafsma
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Here, look at a lot of the cartoons in this collection, just do it:

You now know Liz Climo draws and is a "revisionist storyboarder" for the Simpsons. She also does children's books. She is amazingly prolific. And so fun and . . . sweet, though she is not cloying. She just, here, shows you what her friends mean to her, and makes this interesting, even to people who are reading (as I am) horror comics and Dostoevsky! {i.e., weirdos and snobs}

Title: Adorable.
Susana
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

Best Christmas present ever!;)
A cute and uplifting way to look at life. A book to re-visit whenever I'm down.
Myself, I can relate to the Bear on page 12: Spring can't come soon enough! o_O

_____________
I need to read this asap!

Shannon
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a surprise! A customer was buying this for a friend and asked me if I thought it was good and I started flipping through it and the first pages I saw had me laughing out loud. I read the whole thing in a couple sittings. It was the perfect balance of cute and funny and the whole thing warmed my heart. I really loved it. I definitely want a copy for my own collection that's how much I loved it. I think it would be such a great gift for a friend who is going through a rough time just ...more
Dov Zeller
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute and silly. I love the art.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Okay, I have fallen in love with Liz Climo. For realz. I think we would be excellent friends. We have the same sense of humor (and by that, I mean weird).
weronika
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the most cute&adorable&funny book i've ever seen ❤ ...more
Christine
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book made me laugh out loud and want to hug it after reading.
Jamie Cerretti
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect book. Not a single thing wrong with it.
Lelita P.
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book will be a very, very perfect gift for your best friends. :)
Kendra
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liz Climo is the best and the animals are all so cute and relatable. Two favourites (I am probably the snake in this book. Predictably on brand):

Katra
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful!
menidzam
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
角色對話簡單可愛卻引人發噱,讀了好多篇都不由自主笑了出來,且多半會夾帶著「啊!我懂了」的讚嘆或是「哎唷喂呀,怎麼會這樣說啦」的笑斥,是一本自己會三不五時拿出來讓自己單純的笑的書。

動物與動物之間的交流互動多少充滿著尷尬,不過牠們的化解能力很好呢!不過我想牠們應該只是很單純的說出自己的想法,而是我們人類多想了⋯⋯

May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So so sooo cute and sweet. A fun and quick read about friendship with adorable drawings. Great as a pick me up read.
Marion
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, 2017
I like this one better than the first one. It's adorable.
Irene
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author is a genius, for days I only read a few pages before going to bed so it could last longer. It made me laugh, made me smile and think about my friends a lot.

Only wish I could write/draw anything that’s 30% as good as her in my life :)
Adriana
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So incredibly adorable!
Light, playful, and an instant pick me up.
Highly recommended.
Nattawut Phetmak
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
หนังสือภาพนารักๆ เกียวกับเพือนรักสัตวโลก เสียดายสองอยางคือมุกตางๆ เลน pun ภาษาอังกฤษเยอะ (บางอันกไมเขาใจ) กับหนังสือเลมเลกมาก อานจบเรวเกินไป อยากอานอีกงะ 555 ...more
Ylenia
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favorite book about animals. I swear Liz Climo is a genius.
Stop reading what you're reading and pick up this book or The Little World of Liz Climo - I haven't read it yet but I flipped through it and I saw a couple of adorable sloths.

This is me proudly holding my copy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is the amount of sticky things I put in my copy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This review will be mostly pictures - sorry for the bad quality. This is what happens when you try to take pictures but you're too lazy to turn on the light in
Valleri
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An adorable comic collection using animals to point out the very best reasons to have friends. This was a very feel-good book that can put a smile on your face and warm your heart. I'd recommend this to anyone.
Baska
Absolutely adorable! I highly recommend this as a gift for family members, especially your little nieces and nephews. I remember following Liz Climo's blog for a while quite a few years back; I've completely forgotten how much I used to love her little comics.
Mia  Bakhthiar
This is honestly too cute and too witty for me to handle
christine.
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to christine. by: Ksenia
Shelves: read-in-2015
Some of the most adorable comics I've read the entire year, and a wonderful gift from a friend. :)

Seriously, I think I'm going to keep flipping through this for weeks to come. :)
Jess
So cute and perfect for a painful rainy day.
Alina Maria Ciobanu
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely charming! I warmly recommend this wonderful collection of comics to all my friends! :-)
Jo
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Insanely cute but even at 110 pages becomes repetitive. Better in small adorable doses.
Marko
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I just love Liz Climo so much <3

4,5*

Joe
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super adorable gut chuckles abound in this fun lil collection.
dameolga
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The bear is the best!
Around the Year i...: Lobster is the Best Medicine, by Liz Climo 2 25 Jan 01, 2016 07:21PM
  • Dogs in Cars
  • Texts from Dog
  • The Grand Theft Art Companion
  • A Really Super Book about Squirrels
  • Hot Dog Taste Test

Liz Climo grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved to Los Angeles after college to work as a character artist on The Simpsons. She started a comic blog, LizClimo.tumblr.com, where Rory and his dad first appeared in 2012. Liz currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Colin, and their daughter, Marlow.

Liz Climo is a character artist for The Simpsons TV series and has worked on The Lebr

The Little World of Liz Climo (3 books)
  • The Little World of Liz Climo