Start by marking “Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse” as Want to Read:
Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse

Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse

From the creators of the New York Times bestseller Snowmen at Night comes a lively story about discovering the joy and meaning of Christmas

When Mr. Mouse and his family move into the warm spot beneath the kitchen stove in a big house, they discover something new and wonderful: an evergreen tree decorated with lights, ginger and peppermint smells in the air, and cookies bak
Published October 20th 2015 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse

Mischenko
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute Christmas story about a mouse family including 17 kids in a tiny little nook. So adorable and one of the most beautifully illustrated christmas books we've read.
Jessica
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Utterly precious! With charming pictures and a delightful story, the Buehners have another classic on their hands, in my opinion. I love the description of the mouse house, the tininess of it, their seventeen children, the crumbs of gingerbread and candy canes that are their feast. So darling and sweet, without being too sweet, or moralizing. Just a simple, warm and fun story for Christmas. And on the back flap there are photographs of the real mouse house model that Mark made!
Clwseattle
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
While the rhymes in Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse aren't quite up to par with the "snowmen" books, the story itself is absolutely delightful. Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse touches on both the secular and religious meanings of Christmas with equal respect and fun. I love the illustrations, wonderfully done in/from the perspective of Mr. Mouse. An of course, I love the hidden object hunt included.
Jen
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a sweet little story about a mouse family and their celebration of Christmas. This book is by the author/illustrator team of Snowmen at Night and seeing as my sons were such big fans of the snowmen books, we had to add this book to our collection and it was such a great Christmas story and one I am sharing with my younger students here before our Christmas Break.
Angie Quantrell
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I really enjoyed how Mr. Mouse, his wife, and his 20 children learned about Christmas by watching the family who lived above them.
Deanna
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute story, amazing illustrations.
Aiden and Jack
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
Jillian
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was okay. I liked the overall story, but for a rhyming story, the meter was really nonexistent. About halfway through, I stopped trying to hear it as a poem in my head, and then it just seemed odd that every other line rhymed. (Mostly.)
I also sort of question the part where Santa comes just because they had a celebration, and the mice never quite find out what they're celebrating (the text makes it sound like Mr. Mouse only got the gist, not the specifics). Then again, tons of families today
Heidi
Another delightful book from the Buehners. This is a sweet introduction to the Christmas holiday, what it means and where it came from. The reader follows the Mouse family as they discover the joys of the holiday season. Mark Buehner has once again hidden certain items in the illustrations that children will be delighted to spend time searching for. And the details in the illustrations are fun to find.
Alice
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
You can't go wrong with the Buehners!! Snowmen at night, at work etc, Fanny's Dream so on and so forth! I hate mice. If you have read my other reviews I am not kind to books with mice in them. But this was done so well that in this case mice are cute. I also like trying to find the cat, rabbit the dinosaur and the on each page. We didn't find them all and the dust jacket has been removed to be cataloged...so we may NEVER find them!!
Kimberly
I loved this book, and so did my three and five year old. It had great rhythm and ryhm. I loved the illustrations, they were beautiful, and the story was really cute. I think this will become part of our annual Christmas time reading tradition.
Anne
Nov 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Really cute illustrations (with bonus hidden pictures within each). The rhyme scheme seems really off though, so it was hard to get into. It has a brief mention of the religious aspect of Christmas, and some of the secular too.
Samantha
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
When Mr. and Mrs. Mouse move into a new house with their 17 little ones, they learn about Christmas, Jesus, and Santa and decide to make this new holiday part of their family traditions.
Vicki
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
A rhyming tale of Christmas cheer - sharing the word of joy and love.
PWRL
Aug 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2016-new
A
Olivia
This is a cute tale, though the number of baby mice is a little off-putting. The details mentioned are adorable and the author even made a tiny model of the home, which is super cute.
Nancy
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, christmas
A nice little Christmas book that touches briefly on both the Savior's birth and Santa Claus. It is simply a gentle story.
Kathy
I adored the illustrations and the sweet story.
Kathleen
I adored the illustrations and the sweet story.
Robin Raines-Bond
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Nice illustrations with bonus pictures to look for. Cute Christmas story with the Savior and Santa included.
Charity Deback