Start by marking “Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)

Wish Bound

(Grimm Agency #3)

From the author of Armageddon Rules, the fanciful and fun continuation of the Grimm Agency novels...

As a partner at Grimm’s magical Agency, Marissa Locks is used to working odd jobs. But when an evil queen reappears in Kingdom, life becomes too strange to handle…

Even when she’s not starting it, trouble follows Marissa everywhere. First there was the incident with the homi
Published August 25th 2015 by Ace

Beth
Talk about having a messed up birthday, Marissa’s yearly event seems to coincide with catastrophe every year and this year isn’t looking any better. The Black Queen is back and she wants to rule the world. Caught up as the Black Queen’s handmaiden, Marissa is suppose to lead this battle but she is 100% against the Black Queen. It’s the end of things as we know it, but that doesn’t seem like a strange occurrence for Marissa or the other agents from Grimm.

This is my first read in the Grimm Agency
Melliane
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I had a good time with the first and second volume and I think that the author had managed to bring perfectly many lovely ideas in his books. It’s always very interesting to see the characters from fairy tales like princesses, queen, princes, goblins and fairy godfather that we all know, in our world today.

Marissa does not really have any luck and each volume proves it perfectly. Once again, our heroine will have to face many obstacles. Oh yes, from her birth
Nicole Luiken
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf-fantasy
This finishes off the series. While the Black Queen's coming in this book is hinted at in earlier books, each novel is mostly separate. Comic action, a wild world, a prickly heroine and lots of magic.

Fave bit: the cheese wheel.
Meigan
Very rarely do I come across a series where the first book is the best one, the measuring stick to which all other books in the series will subsequently be compared to. Such is the case with the Grimm Agency series. The first book, Free Agent, instantly charmed me with its super creative use of fairytale inhabitants, and a bumbling and lost heroine I grew quite smitten with. After 3 books, I can't help but compare Wish Bound to that first one. While the series hasn't really lost steam, some of t ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kate
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

WISH BOUND is a spectacular installment in the Grimm Agency series. While I can't tell if this is the last book, or if the series is going to continue, WISH BOUND takes the plot line that has grown through the previous books and finishes it out with a bang. With characters we've come to know and love, it's offers a wonderful sense of closure and offers answers to many of the questions that have come up throughout the series so far.

WISH BOUND ties up a
Fangs for the Fantasy
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Marissa, through various adventures, has found herself in the awkward position of being the handmaiden of the Black Queen, one of the most powerful and dangerous beings in history. Even as someone who started (and stopped) the apocalypse, that’s a tall order to stop.

She has enough to deal with what with cursed birthday parties, lethal cursed cheeses and a whole postgnome cult. She doesn’t need evil Black Queens – or evil dead enemies being pulled out the very vault of hell.

Marissa faces the hard
Kt
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession

This book is going to be really hard for me to review. I enjoyed it, but there were things that stuck out to me, keeping me from fully immersing and loving the story as much as I did in book two. But on the flip side, nothing really amazing stuck out to me, so unfortunately this review will focus on the less than great things. From the start, WISH BOUND proceeds at an almost frenetic pace. While this kept me completely hooked into the story, a
Silvara Wilde
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
Check out my other reviews, discussions and link ups at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon

I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I loved how a lot of the things you wondered about through the other books in the series finally was explained in this one. Like the evil cheese in the Agency's fridge. Why Rosa hates Marissa. Why magic goes so horribly, weirdly wrong around Marissa. (And I totall
Jennifer Reed
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by Netgalley for an honest review.

WISH BOUND is a whirlwind of action. The characters and the story line are well-developed. It is Marissa's birthday and anytime she is thrown a party and cake is involved bad things happen. So, she tries to avoid her birthday at all cost. When a routine mission brings her face to face with the Black Queen, she cannot say no to becoming her handmaiden. Everyone around her is in trouble, if she cannot stop the Black Queen. If she ca
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Book three in the series. I found that I was a little lost as I had not read book 2. Even so a good story that continues to keep the world building and back story going while moving the series forward.
E.A.
Review to come
LibraryDanielle
Sep 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
good but kind of all over the place
keikii Eats Books
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
64 points/100 (3.25 stars/5).

The end has come, and the Black Queen is back, claiming Marissa as her handmaiden. Secrets are finally told, battles are waged, and Marissa still fails to do what is told of her.

Wish Bound was a lot better than Armageddon Rules in many, many regards, though it didn't quite manage to be better than the first in the trilogy. The plot in Wish bound was much more focused and together. It wasn't trying to impress anymore, it knew where it was going and why, it just had to
Lisa
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series was a hell of a lot of fun and I was sorry when the story ended. Those who gave up on the series in book one because of the rather misogynistic things the main character thinks are missing out. Now I'm not saying the things that were said were okay, but they were part of the character's development. Marissa overcoming them through the course of the series tells you through the story that they were not good things to be thinking. And given that the character was treated as a not-prett ...more
Mary Hartshorn
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wish Bound was awesome! There was so much that happened in the second book, but the 3rd book was full of action, and major decisions. There were some revelations that were surprising but overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Since Marissa had stopped the Armageddon in the last book, she thought that she was pretty safe and would only be dealing with minor problems. Wrong! The Black Queen is back and she wants Marissa to do her bidding as her HandMaiden. Marissa never imagined that she would ha
Jessica
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It took me a while to get to this final installment of this trilogy. I loved it. the whole series was unique, it pulled me. This final book in the series felt like it wrapped up a lot but has potential for more stories in the world if J.C. Nelson so chose to write more... I wouldn't object to more.
Chris
2.5 stars. Ok paranormal/fairy tale series about a woman whose parents sold her into indentured servitude working for the Grimm Agency. (I know, that's amazingly unhelpful even by my reviewette standards, but pretty much anything else I can say would be a spoiler.)
Amanda
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprise ending

This book is as good of not better than the previous two but the part i enjoyed the most is the surprise ending with a twist.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A Fairy Godmother, the Black Queen, and trouble that always seems to find Marissa no matter what she does…will she be able to get out of this time?

Opening Sentence: “When I was a little girl, my mother used to say, “A little birthday party can’t hurt anyone.”

The Review:

Marissa and the gang are back in Wish Bound, book 3 of the Grimm agency. I am not sure how long has passed since the end of Book 2 until the beginning of Book 3, but I would s
Annabelle Ng
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
My pets were fifty percent cat, fifty percent ghost, one hundred percent psychotic.

The Grimm Agency series isn't for everyone. It's the kind of book that requires you to just roll with it, or be crushed by the weight of its wackiness. It is wild, outrageous, chaotic but it is also hella fun. They have every kind of fairytale creature you can think of - goblins, trolls, vampires, werewolves, fairies, faes, dragons, princesses, witches, and red riding hood. There are cultish gnomes running pos
Elizabeth
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This truthfully is without a doubt my new favorite series, even though this is the last book in the series. I love these character but most of all I love those crazy gnomes! In case you missed that first sentence this is the last book in the series. I know this because I looked at her blog and found this comment from JC Nelson "The Grimm Agency series IS a trilogy. The third book, “Wish Bound,” comes out in August. You can view the cover on Goodreads right now. As for more books…well, I’d love t ...more
Heli
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Because of the ending, 5 stars.
Jessica
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Wish Bound by J.C. Nelson, Marissa Locks should be used to working odd jobs. Her job takes an unexpected turn when the Black Queen returns to the realm and decides to take over the world. As her Handmaiden, Marissa is expected to help lead the Black Queens army against all that oppose her. The only problem is, Marissa and her friends are some of the people who oppose her. Does Marissa have the strength to defeat the Black Queen? Will the truth about her heritage ultimately destroy her?

At tim
Shelley
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Wish Bound, Grimm Agency # 3, is the apparent final story arc for protagonist Marissa Locks. Marissa is a character who you can't but help feel a bit of concern for. She was sold by her own mother to Fairy Godfather Grimm on her 16th birthday, she then went to work for him on her 18th birthday, and has been there ever since. For the last 10 years, she's done pretty much whatever he tells her to do. This book actually jumps ahead several years from th
Elesha
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my favourite of the series because it was darker than the other two. I found that the first two books built up nicely to this one and in the end, everything was resolved. I don't know if there are plans to write another Grimm Agency novel, but the door was left open to that possibility, and if not, I'm satisfied with the wrap up.

I enjoyed the story(along with the others in the series) and characters. I liked the world Nelson created and the spin he put on things.

Once I got within the f
William Howe
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!! A series that ends at three!!!

My only quibble is...they really brought out the big guns. Death, War, Pestilence, and Famine were in the last book for good reason: they were the warm-up act. The archangel Michelle (Michael was a misprint), the Adversary, and then the supreme being all make appearances.

This whole series has been well crafted. Lunacy and hi jinks combined with danger and death. Everybody from the earlier books gets a moment or mention. Most long standing questions are an
Vroom
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Well written, good wrap-up. But I didn't enjoy it. I can't remember the last time it took me so long to work through a book I was so looking forward to.

Kudos on bringing this narrative to a conclusion, especially in a (deliberately) silly self-indulgent universe that could have easily gone 110% Janet Evanovich.

I'm still pre-ordering the new book because I like this author, I like his writing, and I want to see what comes next. I just feel sad that this wrap-up was such a downer.
Dana
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story of Marissa and company continues--and things go from bad to wild to apocalyptic. The characters are well developed and the sarcasm, snark, and fun continue. I really enjoyed this book (and the series it is part of) in the way it twists and tangles and redefines the roles of fairy tale characters in the world created by the author. The story keeps moving, keeping you hooked through twists, turns and revelations about the characters. I recommend this book as a fun read.
Kara Callahan
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought this was a very busy book. Some passages I had to re-read to try to understand. Some passages I never really did understand what was going on. There were parts of it I liked and parts of it I was bored with. I really liked the ending.
Jessica Greve
Apr 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Although the series is very good, orginal and interesting I found myself a little lost in the book. Perhaps I needed to reread the first two again or this one was just not a descriptive as the others, I'm not sure. I was still good.
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 1 May 29, 2018 12:28AM

• The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • Veiled Magic (Veiled Magic, #1)
  • Generation 18 (Spook Squad, #2)
  • An Import of Intrigue (The Maradaine Constabulary, #2)
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Trancehack (Magic Born, #1)
  • Jinn and Juice (The Jinni, #1)
  • Night Owls (Night Owls, #1)
  • Under the Gun (Underworld Detection Agency, #4)
  • Hammer of Angels (Shadowstorm, #2)
  • In the Beginning (Phoenix Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Level Grind (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #1-4)
  • Stolen Souls (Imp World #7)
  • Ante Up (Sin City Collectors, #3)
  • The Sight (Devil's Isle, #2)
  • The Phoenix Illusion (SPI Files #6)
  • Incarnate (The Spellmason Chronicles, #3)
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
A Texas native transplanted to the Pacific Northwest, JC Nelson works with software, herds chickens and children, and writes books.

Grimm Agency (4 books)
  • Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1)
  • Soul Ink (Grimm Agency, #1.5)
  • Armageddon Rules (Grimm Agency, #2)
“If I could have taken Ari’s pain, I would. Pain and scars, however, were the two things everyone carried themselves.” 0 likes