Start by marking “Not That Easy (Virgin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Not That Easy (Virgin, #2)

Not That Easy

(Virgin #2)

“Even Bridget Jones’s Diary could take a page from this novel.”—Joan Rivers (on VIRGIN).

Ellie used to be a virgin, but now she’s a woman with sexual experience. Well, some sexual experience. She also has debt, an unpaid magazine internship, and three flatmates who left her with the single room to match her single status.

That’s okay. She doesn’t want a boyfriend anyway—sh
Published November 3rd 2015 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Not That Easy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not That Easy

Tea Jovanović
Nije tako lako - Čarobnjaci

Nastavak "Device"... zabavno, duhovito, iskreno i razgolićeno bavljenje "ženskim" problemima, nedoumicama, strahovima mladih devojaka... Nas starije će podsetiti na "muke" koje smo preživljavali... :) Iskreno se nadam da će autorka nastaviti da piše romane o Eli i njenom odrastanju i sazrevanju i mukama koje svako novo starosno doba donosi sa sobom... :)
Angie
**I received an ARC through Netgalley courtesy of the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

Bravo. What a great follow up to Virgin. I loved it even more. I have so many highlights from all the laughing I did. Here are some of my faves:
I felt his penis harden against my vagina. It rubbed against it and I moaned in pleasure. "Ow," he cried out. "What?" I asked in surprise. "Nothing, just a bit spiky," he said, and carried on kissing me. "Sorry?" I said in a strangled voice. He thought my p
Lekeisha The Booknerd
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*3.5 Stars*

I liked Ellie in Virgin, but here she is kind of annoying. She thought too much, her actions were dumb, and someone needs to get this girl to wax or show her how to groom properly. But hey, it was funny as hell reading this one. Full review to come.

*update* Originally posted here

Sequel to Virgin, but not quite as great. I like this book, but too many things irked me to where I couldn’t properly enjoy it. It is, however, hilariously funny. I laughed so much while reading this, and I m
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the sequel to VIRGIN and is best enjoyed if read in sequence, though it CAN be read as a standalone.

Ellie is a 22 y/o new uni grad living in a flatshare with her good friend Emma, and two men, Ollie (on whom Ellie has a total crush) and Will. The thing is Ellie's the only single one, and she's not happy to be stuck in the only single room of the flat.

She wants to find men to have sex with, many men, preferably. She recently lost her virginity to a douche, and she is dying to get more ex
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Ellie has moved on since her virgin days and is more living in London with her friends, her new mission is just refining on her previous one, now she has popped her cherry, she wants to keep having sex and gain experience. But more importantly she wants to experience an orgasm, with someone rather than alone. But, nothing in Ellie’s life is ever simple, and the road to self discovery (and orgasms) is strewn with bad internet dates, a difficult boss and family guilt.

Why can’t I get this disgusti
Ptiteaurel
Virgin avait reçu un accueil très mitigé sur la toile mais je faisais partie de celles qui avaient passé un très bon moment avec Ellie . Cette dernière m'avait fait mourir de rire avec ses péripéties afin de perdre sa virginité. Avec son amie Emma , elles avaient monté un vlog qui était à l'image de ces deux femmes : plein d'humour , d'auto dérision et de pensées 100 % féminines.

J'avais donc hâte de retrouver Ellie et l'extrait que nous avions eu avec l'arrivée à la collocation était prometteur.
Erica
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: absolute-favs, funny
~ARC from Netgalley~

This book deserves more than 5 stars. It is the Chicken Soup for 20 year olds and sexoligy.

In the previous book, Ellie lost her virginity at university. Now that she is graduated, she interns for an online magazine (unpaid) she is still sexually far behind all her friends. So, she decides to make herself a pack and starts with one night stands and dating apps. Of course, they do not go as planned.

Her dates are so hilarious, her boss finds out and gives her, her own column.
JMV
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-review
Received from Netgalley for a honest review. 3 1/2 stars. Ellie is finally out of Uni and living with her three flat mates inEast London. She is interning in her dream job at a magazine, even through its for free. Now that she is single and almost employed and now that Ellie's not a virgin anymore she wants more experiences. Her friend are there to help.
No one writes a better point of view from a young woman than Radhika Sanghani. Like her first book I read "Virgin" it is funny and real. She doe
robbie p.
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Ellie is 100% still up to her bratty, self loathing, whiny ways in this sequel. In my opinion, she is an unlikable protagonist for most of the book. The writing was alright, but if I had to read "I let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding" one more time from this book I'd most likely rip it in half and eat it. Her friends are total flat twats, for the most part, and I couldn't stand them. Ellie did redeem herself in my eyes with her bit of character grow (thank God), but it wasn't eno ...more
Kiersten
See more of my reviews at We Live and Breathe Books

Thanks to Penguin Group Berkley for the eARC I received via Netgalley!

It has taken me a long time to write this review, mostly because I was dreading it. I had high hopes for Not That Easy after thoroughly enjoying Virgin. However, while Virgin had a lot of humor, feeling like an episode of MTV's Awkward., Not That Easy was kind of sad and cringe-worthy.

In Virgin, Ellie is a 21-year-old university student trying to lose her virginity. Now in Not
Shayna
Wow. What a fantastic follow-up to VIRGIN. The hilarity and entertainment continue in NOT THAT EASY by Radhika Sanghani. There was so much to love about this book and I got to tell you, I haven't laughed that much in quite a while. Every turn of the page brought more laughter than before. Ellie's journey is one that will stick with me for months on end.

Ellie lost her V card in VIRGIN. She thought once she got past that obstacle her sex life would explode. It turns out, it's not that easy. Everyo
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is brilliant, I completely identified with Ellie, and the various thoughts she has been having on her journey to having a more involved and better sex life. She is very inexperienced when it comes to men, despite being 22, and has decided she wants to have more experience with a variety of men.

Her various attempts at online dating, are hilarious, but with a bit of luck she can turn her casual encounters into a popular column for the online magazine where she is an unpaid intern.

I lov
Debbie
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
First of all, this was one of the funniest books I've read in a long time. This poor girl just wants to give it away and can't find a taker. There were so many laughs in here. And nothing, I mean NOTHING is censored. The author spells it all out for you. Ellie even goes to a class to learn how to achieve an orgasm. I didn't even know they had those!

The poor girl is so naive that when she does get a boyfriend, she doesn't even know it. She just thinks it's an awfully long one night stand. Her dat
Terri
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This book had me laughing so hard that I was practically crying with laughter! Any real female that's not a perfect Barbie doll would get a kick out of our unfortunate heroine's misadventures.
Karen M
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I loved Radhika Sanghani's first book Virgin and I couldn't have asked for a better follow-up. Like Virgin, Not That Easy is hilariously realistic and isn't afraid to put its characters in sticky situations. I love the underlying tone of empowerment as well. Loved it. (Full review to come!)
Scarlet
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another Radhika Sanhanis book that kept me laughing throughout!
There were moments that every girl can relate to and I really enjoyed Radhika's writing style. It was a fresh voice, and one I am looking forward to reading more of.

If you want some easy read, this book is perfect for you.
Eloradana Marlene
Chronique à venir !
Talk Supe
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
More vagina jokes and toilet humor. I love the crassness, the slapstick, and the awkwardness.
Connie N.
#2 in the Virgin series

Thanks to NetGalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ellie's back after graduating from college and starting an internship at an online magazine. Now that she's no longer a virgin, she's determined to accumulate more sexual experience, she she sets out to find some one-night stands in search of the perfect orgasm. Ah, I remember now why I didn't care for Ellie in the first book of this series. She's too incredibly needy to be attractive. She be
Kara
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the first in this series a while back and while I liked it, it wasn't great. I liked this one from the start and even though it's a couple years old I was surprised that it still kept up with the current times. I liked Ellie and could identify with her quest. I did disagree with her a lot of the time, like when she ran out on the bleeding man or didn't tell Nick about her column or that they didn't talk about their relationship status at all. I liked the part about Ollie in the end becaus ...more
Lazy Lovers
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a completely different Ellie than the one we met in VIRGIN. She’s moved on from her virginal days and is ready to explore her sexuality, and when I says explore, I mean Ellie wants to bang everything in sight, referring to this as her “slutty phase”, which I'll touch on in a bit.

Read Full Review @ Lazy Book Lovers
Tekayah
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
more of a 4.25. I found this book a bit better then the first one. The storyline was more interesting and non-predictable.
Keira.
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015

“It doesn’t matter if you’re sleeping with number 2 or 222, or whether they’re The One or just a one-night stand - the only important thing is that you actually enjoy the sex and feel comfortable.”

When we left E
Lesangdeslivres
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

La couverture est jolie et tout aussi attrayante que le premier tome ce qui nous donne envie de nous plonger dans l’histoire.

Quand nous commençons, nous sommes heureux de retrouver Ellie. Nous l'avions quitté dans une bien mauvaise posture et nous avions hâte de voir comment allait se dérouler la suite. Ce qui est bien dommage, c'est que nous n’en entendons parler que très brièvement et nous re voilà plus plongés dans la vie sexuelle d'Ellie.
Rapidement, no
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, apparently, Not That Easy is actually the second book in this series. I did not know this, nor did I have a problem reading this one, so it is definitely a standalone. I will be going back to read book one though, just because I enjoyed this story so much!

Not That Easy was a hilarious read! Ellie lost her virginity at the age of 21 (this is what the first book is about), not because she was saving herself, but because she couldn’t find someone attractive to be with.

“Because I’d been a virgin
Under the Covers Book Blog
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

Ellie has moved on since her virgin days and is more living in London with her friends, her new mission is just refining on her previous one, now she has popped her cherry, she wants to keep having sex and gain experience. But more importantly she wants to experience an orgasm, with someone rather than alone. But, nothing in Ellie's life is ever simple, and the road to self discovery (and orgasms) is strewn with bad internet dates, a difficult boss and family guilt.

Why can't I get this disgusti

Once Upon a Twilight
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I found out about this book I literally squealed out loud. First of all, I had no idea there was going to be a sequel and second I absolutely had a blast with Ellie in Virgin. So we’re back with our sex obsessed ‘not 21 year old virgin anymore’ who just wants casual sex now, a one night stand here or there, no pressure.

Ellie and her friends decide signing up for a dating website is the first step to setting up dates and achieving the ultimate goal, a one night stand. In the beginning Ellie
Lena
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is the sequel to Virgin, which was such a hilarious read. So when the publisher asked if I wanted a shot at the sequel, of course I jumped at the chance. And I'm so glad I did. It was maybe not quite as good as the first book, but it was still well worth reading.

In this book, Ellie has shed her virginity and is ready to move on...in a big way. Like, she decides to be a slut. She begins this quest by joining Tinder to meet men online.

Like the first book, this one has its share of gross
Tiffany
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books

So apparently, Not That Easy is actually the second book in this series. I did not know this nor did I have a problem reading this one so it is definitely a standalone. I will be going back to read book 1 though just because I enjoyed this story so much!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Amber Green Takes Manhattan
  • Trust No One (DI Mike Lockyer, #3)
  • Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
  • Three of Hearts
  • Food, Glorious Food (The Plumberry School of Comfort Food, #1)
  • Four Weddings And A White Christmas (Cherry Pie Island)
  • The Accidental Socialite
  • Twitter Girl
  • A Year in the Life (Courtlands - The Next Generation, #1)
  • A Place For Us Part 2
  • Reckless Hope (Letting Go, #2)
  • Ice Creams at Carrington’s
  • Curves, Kisses and Chocolate Ice-Cream(The Ice-Cream Cafe, #2)
  • #PleaseRetweet
  • Last Prophecy of Rome (Myles Munro #2)
  • Time After Time
  • The Girl Who Broke the Rules (Georgina McKenzie #2)
  • A Geek Girl's Guide to Arsenic (Geek Girl Mysteries #2)
I have just written my debut novel VIRGIN, which will be coming out in August in America, with Penguin, and September here in the UK with Harlequin.
I'm a women's writer for The Daily Telegraph in London where I write on women's issues.
I read constantly and love reviewing contemporary novels. Feel free to get in touch!

Virgin (2 books)
  • Virgin (Virgin, #1)
“Maybe next time, don't bite the girl you fancy.” 0 likes
“It was a boy Brazilian. I stopped myself from crying out in shock. I had to stay calm. Boyzilians were probably just a thing and I hadn't seen enough penises to come across one before.” 0 likes