Start by marking “All the Words Are Yours: Haiku on Love” as Want to Read:
All the Words Are Yours: Haiku on Love

All the Words Are Yours: Haiku on Love

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  1,946 Ratings  ·  216 Reviews

Here starts the journey

Every day for the past six years, Tyler Knott Gregson has written a simple haiku about love, and posted it online. These heartfelt poems have attracted a large and loyal following around the world. This highly anticipated follow-up to Chasers of the Light, presents Tyler’s favorites, some previously unpublished, accompanied by his signature photogra

Published October 20th 2015 by TarcherPerigee

To ask other readers questions about All the Words Are Yours, please sign up.

s.penkevich
A book like this can only be reviewed in .gif format.

That pretty much sums in up.
Chasers of the Light was bad, and twee, and a genius marketing scheme, but this is just too far. The photographs the photoshop typewriter font is added to aren't even interesting or hipster-cool like in his last collection. And it's all haikus (the worst), but only one form of them. And all of them are about how sad yet beautiful love is. Because feelings, yo. Feelings.

But still, it's all pretty genius and he is goi
Melanie
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I find you in storms,
I feel you in the lightning,
I miss you in rain.”

I praise a lot of poets and authors for their ability to string together beautiful words, but no one is on the same level as Tyler Knott. I honestly question how human he is, because his words are nothing short of perfection always. He makes you feel everything. He is a master with words, and this world would be a better place if every person could read them.

The pieces you lack
are waiting inside of me
to find you again.

If anyo
destiny ☠ howling libraries
"Whisper to me soft,
sing a song of homecoming,
hum me back to you."

I've been following Tyler on social media for years, and purchased this book when it first released a few years ago, but for some bizarre reason, it's been sitting, unopened, just looking pretty on my shelf until now. I love poetry collections, and Tyler's voice in particular is so beautiful and full of haunting that it never gets old. I only knocked a star off because a handful of the haikus are a bit repetitive, but this is a go
Kara Belden
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Disappointed (on the whole); I only doggie-eared 5 pages. That being said, I really like the 5 that I marked, and I need to write them down in a special place. Maybe I'll even frame a few...

Here are two favorites:

I have simple needs,
Just you and my morning tea,
The moment I rise.

Let it all crumble,
let all you shouldn't carry
burn beneath your feet.
Fandolatry
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'll be honest, I did not go into this book expecting it to be a five-star book. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I save my five-stars for books that are truly worthy. This book is truly worthy. It is a quick read, yes, but it is insightful, thoughtful, and lovely while still being short. The haiku are beautiful and uplifting. I'd recommend this book to anyone with fifteen minutes on hand and a heart in their chest.
Miranda
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, signed, reviewed
Despite the book's title, I honestly have no words to adequately describe the way this collection of haiku affected me. It arrived in the mail at 5:00 today, and I've read it twice since. It's inspired me to be a better writer, a better person. The easiest 5 stars I've ever given.
Karstee
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
His poetry doesn't feel as sad anymore... It feels sexier. Still sometimes a little cliche. But the guy is out there doing it, he's bringing poetry back and starting a movement. Who doesn't like an attractive man that writes poems on a vintage typewriter in the mountains of Montana? He's marketing gold, every girls dream. Quick read. Four stars because these little haiku can stir the memories and awake the longing for tousled sheets, morning whispers and entanglements. Well done.
alheyam
Jan 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
محاولاتي في قراءة الشعر باللغة الانجليزية فاشلة جدا ولا استطيع تقبلها نهائيا، ربما بسبب قلة معرفتي بالشعر لكن كتجربة كلام فاضي ...
TrangKimberly Nguyen
Nov 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Maybe I'm cold; maybe I don't get it. Don't read if you are rushed; don't read if you are not in love.
Mia  Bakhthiar
PERFECTION
Patty
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, poetry
Source: Library
Alyssa
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE!!! Now I am in need of his other poetry collections!
The Rachel Perspective
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Full review (below) was originally posted on The Rachel Perspective.

____________________

When we were in grade school, English classes always had a segment on poetry. And within that segment, we learned about a Japanese form called a haiku. A 5-7-5 syllable rhythm that we always had to count out on our fingers just to make sure we had the right amount (and sometimes even question the number of syllables for certain words), and it was always a love/hate relationship with this poetic form. They are
Celebrilomiel
Repetitious, without intrinsic value.

The spareness of the haiku form gives the reader ample room to read himself into the words, but the poems have no life or feeling of their own. They all felt flat to me, nothing but words on a page. They told no story, evoked no sense of place or person or emotion. If you do not read yourself into the poems, they are uncomfortably voyeuristic: they are personal exercises in a technical form and in an expression of feelings, private snapshots of someone else'
Rebecka (is hilarious, shut up)
Though I adored the author's simplistic, honest and elegant use of haiku, the way most of them were presented bothered me. I did not like the pictures in the background of the pages nor the handwriting - which was hard to read - many of the poems were presented in. I prefer the poems to be left alone on the pages and allowed to breathe and shine on their own without all that nonsense.

On the poems, however, I have no criticism whatsoever. Loved them. A bit lighter and more romantic than what I u
Munaya Al salhee
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-re-read
This one deserve more than 5 Stars!!!
I have read Chasers of the Light last year and I LOVED it and I LOVED this one as well!!!!
To be honest I can't choose a favorite poem for I fell for all of them, I forgot that I have loved the way he wrote his poems last and it hit me again!
I really recommend this to everyone!
Everything is just perfect! The writing, the pictures! There is something that moves you when u read it T-T

Reread in December 2017

Just like the first time I have read it, I’m smiling a
Gabrielle Carolina
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5

Unlike similar contemporary works, I'm thinking specifically of Lang Leav's Lullabies, this book of haikus was not divided thematically, rather the poems appeared to be filed wherever they landed, as if they were autumn leaves. This was probably a very wise choice as it distracted, slightly, from some more repetitive pieces, repetitious due to theme, or word choice, or a combination therein.

I still enjoyed flipping through this collection and one or two or five of these haikus stopped me, gr
Kerrie Bethel
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't say anything more than I said about his first title. Gregson is absolutely a modern favorite and I hang on every word. His language is somehow metered with effortless precision and each sound is heavy and purposeful. I read many of these aloud to my boyfriend, who is long distance.

Beauty exists here.

-copy won in a giveaway, being donated to a library.
SimpleX
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Morgana giving
Tempting drinks of pure love
To desert’soul.

"In the Darkest Part
In the Middle of the Night
I need You the Most"
"Your soul knew my soul
long before we needed skin
to spend a life in"
"The shadow of us
the remnants of who we were
fade now in the light."
Joey Alford
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, self-reflection
Beautifully thoughtful, loving poems of tenderness and intimacy, loneliness and despair, heartache and love. A book to be shared, read aloud, in the most peaceful moment with the most important person in your life. Much like I did.
Tyler
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
Wow, this was a trip. It's a super quick read given the format but it takes you on a journey. I hope that we're all able to find love like a Tyler Knott Gregson haiku.
Paige
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Check out my review here: https://thepaigeturnerblog.wordpress....
Margaret King
I really, really did not feel this. And I feel very badly for saying that. It just was not for me. I think due to all the popularity and hype, I was expecting a lot more depth. When I think of haiku, I think of nature and seasonal imagery that is used to underscore a point and hit you with the one-two punch in the last line. That was almost entirely absent from these haikus, and so I felt like the book really didn't do the spirit of the Haiku justice. However, I think for the younger generation, ...more
Michelle
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Tyler Knott Gregson. His poetry is always amazing and lets you feel what he feels. You can tell his poems come from the heart and that he really puts a lot of emotion into his writing. Thats what makes a poetry book amazing. What really stood out to me is how well he did at making haikus. They're not that easy to make but Gregson's haikus read like they're the most simplest thing in earth to write. He is easily one of my favourite poets
Yasmeen Al-Salem
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
“Your soul knew my soul long before we needed skin to spend a life in.”

This book is beautiful in every aspect.
Gwendolyn Kensinger
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Christy Broderick
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVE! That’s all I can say for this wonderful book ❤ ...more
Lee
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Corny but my corny friend said to read it.

I mean if people like this kind of poems then go for it! Yay for you.
Sandra Miksa
I admire the amount of haikus Gregson can make out of love but this sadly wasn't for me... but once again very aesthetically pleasing collection.
Robin M.
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
This is a really nice book of haikus. It's mostly hit or miss, which I think it just how poetry is a lot of the time. There were several pages I dog eared, because they were things that I want to say to the person/people I love.

I really enjoyed reading it, and will probably read it again soon.
  • I Wrote This For You and Only You
I feel you in the lightning,
I miss you in rain.”
21 likes
“come crawl atop me
and we will spend the daylight
buried in kisses”