Start by marking “Hard Beat (Driven, #7)” as Want to Read:
Hard Beat (Driven, #7)

Hard Beat

(Driven #7)

From the New York Times bestselling author of Sweet Ache comes a blistering new novel filled with danger, secrecy, and a desire that can’t be sated…

Published November 3rd 2015 by Signet

Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 Hard Male POV Stars!

*ARC generously provided per publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for honest review*

From my star rating you can guess that for me, there is nothing better than the MALE POV. I love reading the contrast of dominant behavior with vulnerable feels, the struggle with the insecurities of life and mostly the war of the heart and the mind when faced with wanting a woman. I was beyond thrilled that K. Bromberg's new read provided me with the fabulous Tanner Thomas, and his conflic
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Stars

She's my little piece of Heaven in the land full of Hell.

It's been quite a while since I read an all male POV that was this engrossing. Hard Beat was simply unputdownable from beginning to end. It was everything I love, and I really do mean everything. It managed to tick all my boxes.

A reedemable asshole hero.
Guilt is a goddamn vise squeezing out of me every ounce of emotion I never wanted to feel.

You may remember Tanner as Rylee Thomas's older brother. Well now it's his turn for
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
REVIEW UPDATED ON 24/12/2015

Wow, wow, wow! Talk about chemistry.

This was amazing. I felt it all. Joy. Thrill. Pain. Happiness. Passion. Lust. Falling in love. Butterflies in my stomach. Tension. Fear. Anguish. Disbelief. And I could go on and on.

As soon as I started reading it I didn't want it ever to end. Have you ever had a feeling some book was written personally for you? There is a proverb in my country that says there are as many opinions as there are people. Not everybody will love this b
Karen Mc
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hard Beat, by the incredible K. Bromberg, is a sizzling, suspenseful, serious, and oh-so-sweet sensory-spinning ride of a romance that hugs your heart, burns your body, and shatters your soul. Deeper and darker than the other Driven novels, this book shakes, breaks, and steals your heart. Hard Beat renders an unwavering electric surge of excitement during the whole reading experience like the anticipated first kiss, a thrilling roller coaster ride, or wedding day jitters.

Like its title, a hard
Dana
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc for an honest review by the author.

First and foremost, I absolutely LOVE K.Bromberg! All of her books are amazing & keep you on the edge.

This book will grip you in ways you don't see coming! Which is exactly what we like to read, right? I did struggle at first, getting my mind set into the background of foreign territory landscapes & imagining the environment of the story, HOWEVER, it did not deter me from recognizing an amazing story!

You won't see the twists & tu
Coco.V
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another masterpiece delivered by talented author K. Bromberg.

I absolutely loved this book! Hard Beat sucked me in from page one, and kept me on the edge for the last 30% of the book. K. Bromberg is one of my all-time favorite authors. She is a master storyteller who takes you inside her inspirational stories and won't let you go. I love her books so much and they always hit the spot! This author’s characters are so consistent, so true to their personalities.

I loved Tanner and Beaux and the two
Shayna
An undeniable connection turns into an undeniable love. A stunning romance filled with passion, heart, and so much emotion. K. Bromberg branches out and gives her readers something different, but NO less special! Whatever genre she chooses, she kills it, 100% of the time! Bromberg is a definite auto-click author for me. She writes...I read! Simple as that! Another amazing read by a truly talented storyteller.

Can I just tell you how much I crave a good male POV in a romance? Can I also tell you t
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Bubbles and buzz' Stars!
description

I am SO GLAD I decided to read this! I've been wanting to read this for a long time and I still don't know why I waited so much. I loved this book, I loved Tanner and I loved this love story!

Because I am so freaking especial about series and reading order.. I had to read Hard Beat before starting Down Shift (I know they are standalones but still.. especial one here!). This was an absolutely fantastic plot, amazing writing as always and extremely sexy and emotional stor
Geri Reads
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

Not bad. I actually enjoyed this very much. My only issue is desperately wanted to connect to Beaux and I couldn't. I wish K. Bromberg has given us her POV. I feel like the only reason why she didn't have a POV was to protect the plot twist. Again, if you like surprises, this would be perfect for you. I'm the type of reader who enjoys knowing the "secret" while the characters have no clue or no idea about it. I like the tension more and it makes me feel invested in the one keeping the
Elizabeth
"Remember, sometimes what's right isn't always what's needed. Sometimes what's needed isn't always what's wanted. And sometimes you just have to live in the moment, take what's given, and sort out the consequences later."

description

Hard Beat is book 7 of the Driven Series. K. Bromberg offers a steamy story set in the treacherous world of war. Hard Beat is a beautiful and raw story of a man getting a second chance at love and life!

description

Tanner has always been a take no prisoner's street smart reporter. He is will
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 Chasing the “Buzz” Stars

Hard Beat is a standalone and is part of the Driven series. This one is definitely my favorite! For super fans, you will be happily shocked with the direction the author went with this one.

Tanner is a journalist. He goes to war-torn countries and reports in extreme conditions. Tanner is dealing with some past pains and you feel for him. I love Tanner and the complex layers Bromberg created for his character. Tanner’s troubling past reflects how he currently sees life.
Beverly
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LIVE on AMAZON!

I am sure this is hard for everyone to believe, but this is my first book by K. Bromberg. So that answers the question of whether or not it can be read as a standalone. HOWEVER, after reading HardBeat I am kicking myself for not reading her books sooner.

Hard Beat is told from Tanner Thomas’s point of view. I love books told from a male point of view, when well executed and this one definitely was. It was fun being in a man’s head and not knowing all the secrets and intentions of
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Okidoki, do we all remember Rylee Donovan's brother Tanner?
Hm, I kinda didn't - but that's ok - I suffer from #BooksAlzheimers ☺ But I went back into the first #Driven books and typed Tanner into the search field ☺ Found him!!! And remembered him too!!!

This is his story!
And with this story, Ms Bromberg takes us on a bit of a Romantic Suspense trip for the first time. Also a first, the story is told from the male POV.

Tanner is working as a journalist - which in his case means, that he travels to
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Bromberg is the Master of Angst and she once again earns her title. Speaking of titles, this one is perfection. There’s a hard beating of hearts as Tanner and Beaux ache to be something that may be a fantasy, the hard beating of blood in their veins as they take each other for the first, the second first, and then maybe the last time, and the hard beating of my head against the wall as truths were uncovered, secrets revealed, and careers were put on the line.

This is angst-ridden, kindle-gripping
Michelle
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
For those trying to remember if we’ve met a Tanner before, he’s Riley’s brother. I know with so many characters to remember, a lot can be lost – and for me it personally drives me crazy when my mind just can’t make that connection from the start. So there. That’s who Tanner Thomas is.

After a tragic loss, Tanner is struggling to stay still. Needing the chase of a story – the danger that lurks in the sand of the Middle East. A challenge, something that sets his blood on fire. But what Tanner gets
Rohina

"Sometimes what is right isn't always what's needed. Sometimes what's needed isn't always wanted. And sometimes you just have to live in the moment, take what's given, and sort out the consequences later."

One thing that I've learned from reading K. Bromberg's books is that once you read them, you are hooked. You are so knee-deep in Bromberg's greatness and writing it is impossible to come out.

Bromberg's story and plot and the way she delivers angst filled books is nothing short of amazing
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 - 5 Thrilling Stars!!

HARD BEAT is an exciting and sensual story, set among the suspenseful world of foreign jounalists. Tanner and Beaux's rocky story is sure to please fans of K. Bromberg and marks an impressive launch into romantic suspense!!I loved this very adult, very sexy story.

Ms. Bromberg has a very special place in my heart and I treasure each and every word she writes. Her characters feel very real to me, I connect with them and that emotional connection makes the difference bet
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hard Beat grabs ahold of your heart and doesn't let go until the very last word.

Tanner Thomas is a foreign war correspondent for a major network. He’s lived on the edge of the cliff—thriving on the energy and adrenaline from the rush of breaking the story. But after a recent tragedy, Tanner’s trying to find his center, his place in the world and to move forward even though he's haunted by his past. Then, he meets Beaux, and his world turns on its axis.

Beaux Croslin is the new photojournalist a
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Hard Beat by Kristy Bromberg
3 stars

I know, I know, I am probably going to be in the minority with this one but yes…I, a K Bromberg lover have given this book a three. Three is I liked it though, so don’t get me wrong, I just didn’t love this one like I normally do a K Bromberg read.

Tanner is Rylee’s brother and he has appeared a few times throughout the Driven series. Tanner is a war corres
Elle Christensen
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: might-re-read
Hard Beat- 4.75 Stars
This is my fist book by K. Bromberg and I will definitely be reading more! While there is a tie to her Driven series, this is really a standalone. The story is sexy, intense, complex, and captivating. Personally, I am a huge fan of books narrated in the male POV, so I really enjoyed that aspect in this book.
Tanner dedicated, smart, tough, and sexy as hell. However, he’s also a huge contradiction. His first instinct is to love, ruled by his heart. However, after he loses so
TeriLyn
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

**Hard Beat generously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "It's been crazy." Stars

Having first met Tanner Thomas, our hero, in the Driven trilogy I was excited to read his story. The glimpses and side notes we learn about Rylee's brother were quite intriguing. In Hard Beat, Tanner tells us his story from his point of view.

Full of secrecy and mystery the story of Tanner and Beaux zigzags with angst. Their connection happened almost immediately although Tanner did his
-C-
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hard Beat had a different feel to it than the other books in the series.
This story didn’t disappoint. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It is such a heartbreaking but yet amazingly beautiful story.

Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love me a K. Bromberg book and Hard Beat is the seventh novel in the Driven Series, I believe, and I was really looking forward to it. The synopsis sounded very intriguing and K. Bromberg’s books are always loaded with plenty of heart thumping angst. Her books are also always riddled with ridiculously sexy moments and extremely alpha men and all of these things prove to be a heady combination making for my ultimate romance read.

“We’re breaking the bed.”

Hard Beat was definitely worth the read
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
#onceinalifetime

Don't BOO me, but this was my first K. Bromberg read. Yes, I've been hearing all the hype about her Driven series. All my friends have been yelling at me to catch up. While the series has been on my TBR, I just haven't had time to read them. So, when I learned that this book could be read as a standalone, I was very excited to jump in. And can I just say, after hearing the name Colton and seeing the sexy Stuart Reardon on a cover, I will be going back to read the others, I prom
Kristie Verdurmen
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So everyone knows how much us Redheads LOVE K. Bromberg for giving us Colton, but this...I am finding it hard to put this into words.

I will admit it took me a while to get into Hard Beat, but once I did I could not put it down, the twists and turns I didn't see coming at all, the tears I shed MULTIPLE times were both sad and happy. This book was so much more than I expected, and yet everything I would expect from Kristy, I bow down to you all mighty writer for pulling this one off. The way you t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Nancy's Romance Reads
Feb 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr
OMG!! We have a cover for book seven in the Driven series!! I love it! HARD BEAT is Tanner's story (Rylee's brother) and it will be released on 3 November. I cannot wait, I adore every single book in this series!! :D

Purchase: Amazon US * Amazon UK

Blurb:

Foreign war correspondent Tanner Thomas is addicted to living on the edge. Needing the adrenaline rush of his job to help him cope with a personal loss, he throws himself back into the game, concentrating all his energy on getting the next big st
Talk Books To Me
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
K. Bromberg is on my one-click list, actually she's at the top of said list! Hard Beat is the seventh installment in the Driven series and I don't know how it's possible but these books are getting sexier, more unique and truly flawless. So, sit down and get ready to go thru a story that will keep you pinned to your chair until the final page.

Hard Beat is told in Tanner's perspective, which totally worked. He's dealing with grief that continues to haunt him but once his path crosses with his new
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
Wow... K. Bromberg has outdone herself!
This is completely original and fresh and just soooooo incredible, I don't even know where to start!
To be honest I went into this story blind, and by the title I thought it would be about Music.
Boy, was I wrong! lol This is a very captivating story about journalism and photography.
About a News reporter and His new Photographer...
not just any news reporter, but a reporter that goes down into the trenches,
and reports on the front lines in very world torn cou
MaryLee Huerta
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hard Beat was beyond amazing. Kristy kept saying this book would be different but I couldn't think how she would change it up from a writing style that I LOVED SO MUCH. But this book was off the chart. The intensity, the on the edge of your seat feelings, the who did who, who is who, who is hiding something, who can be trusted, the mystery, the angst. Yeah, the sex was good too but that was just a cherry on top of the banana split. While reading the Paperback ARC I had won, I messaged her and sa ...more
Bargain Basement: (3) Winners - Mystery Box 1 10 Nov 03, 2015 10:02AM
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • My Captain (Neil & Elaina, #2)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Dear Greek Billionaire (Stavros and Willow, #1)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume II (Titanium Security, #4 & 5)
  • Belle Pearl (Pearl, #5)
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • The Beach House
  • Butterfly Ginger
  • Flawed (Connections, #5)
  • The Lovers
  • After Thoughts
  • Key West (Hot in the City, #3)
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • Tethered Bond (Holly Woods Files, #3)
  • Authority
New York Times Bestselling author K. Bromberg writes contemporary novels that contain a mixture of sweet, emotional, a whole lot of sexy, and a little bit of real. She likes to write strong heroines, and damaged heroes who we love to hate but can’t help to love.

A mom of three, she plots her novels in between school runs and soccer practices, more often than not with her laptop in tow.

Since publish

Driven (8 books)
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • Fueled (Driven, #2)
  • Crashed (Driven, #3)
  • Aced (Driven, #4)
  • Slow Burn (Driven, #5)
  • Sweet Ache (Driven, #6)
  • Down Shift (Driven, #8)
“Whoever said love is like war, easy to begin but hard to end, knew exactly what he was talking about.” 2 likes