Start by marking “Sanctuary: The Discovery of Wonder” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary: The Discovery of Wonder

Sanctuary: The Discovery of Wonder

An engaging and moving book full of spiritual insight, wisdom, and warmth, this book is the result of a decade of exploration and contemplation of the concept of sanctuary. It is written in a way that happily combines reason and imagination, poetry and critical thinking, knowledge and originality. Sanctuary cuts across genres: at once a spiritual memoir; a collection of pe ...more
Published May 1st 2015 by Otago University Press

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary

Andrew
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A loving and poetically written exploration of sanctuary - a collage of poetry, memoir, diary, photography and more - based around the themes of Time, Place, People, Mind, Body, Spirit, Stillness, Space, Solitude, Simplicity, Slowness, Silence, Mystery, Meaning and Miracle leading to a sense of wonder and home. Refreshing to hear from a New Zealand voice, in a New Zealand context, in the contemplative realm.
Moira Clunie
“i felt as if I did not belong to myself any longer: i had locked myself out of myself.” - so began julie leibrich’s pilgrimage within, to find and cultivate a safe, sacred inner space, and to recover after an overwhelming experience of depression. this book is a generous reflection on reconnection, on the value of contemplation and communion. it left me with a deep craving for quiet and a strong sense of the value of prioritising my relationship with myself.
Anna Wildey