Start by marking “True Dark” as Want to Read:
True Dark

True Dark

(True Fire #2)

With the help of her two companions--Eleanor, an eccentric aristocrat and skilled swordswoman, and Damon, a strong-willed charmer with a dark past--and armed just with her wits and determination, teenaged Megan now faces a world of danger with a newborn infant on her hip. The unstoppable witch army is growing in strength as it strives to seize absolute power, but a prophec ...more
Published September 8th 2015 by Quercus (first published April 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about True Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Dark

Alannah
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great sequel! It didn't suffer from any of that 'second book blues', it went straight into the story and everything was action packed! But the ending was so sad, why do bad things happen to my favourite characters? :(
I'm really loving this series so far, I can't believe more people haven't read this? It's so good!
Catherine Doyle
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
True Dark picks up where True Fire leaves off, but now the stakes are higher, the landscape is much greater and jokes are, dare I say it, even funnier. Full of wit, danger, adventure, new friendships and MOMENTS THAT PUNCH YOU RIGHT IN THE HEART, True Dark is a unique fantasy, with great world-building, impressive originality and Monty Python-esque humour. And I do love Monty Python.

Lauren James
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Funny, witty and fast paced follow-up, that has left me desperate for the next installment.
Louise O'Neill
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Meehan has done the near impossible and written a sequel than is even better than the first book. A funny, exciting, well-paced novel with excellent world building - it's a cracker.
Liz Barnsley
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am now officially suffering Chronic Impatience for the last in this series. Full review will come as with True Fire am pulling together a feature for the blog. Watch this space!
Sydney Piepgrass
This sequel definitely maintained True Fire's high pace and gory action. I like the supporting characters too, especially Damon. However, Megan continues to be a little too selfless and a little too bland. She doesn't have many distinct quirks or character traits or flaws. She pretty much fits the mould for 'generic save-the-world protagonist'. However, despite this, it is still a fun read with a new POV from Damon ;) None of this is going to stop me from reading the third and final book.
Charon Lloyd-Roberts
What a fantastic sequel and I think I'll wait a bit to read the final book but gosh darn it these characters are just getting better and better and Gary Meehan has a great sense of humor despite the seriousness of True Dark there where bits that made me chuckle and well what an ending.

A summery for True Dark:

The War

The army of the True has risen. They will stop at nothing in their pursuit of power.

The Hunt

But there is something the True hunger for above all else: sixteen-year old Megan and the b
Suz
Apr 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I received my book for this month from the Willoughby book subscription. My initial reaction was it looked like a small book. The cover was okay. The book itself didn't invite me to read it so it's sat on my desk for two days. I picked it up this morning and read the blurb which I really like. Different from the one above it didn'tg I've so much away.
After reading the first chapter the blurb outlines the starting point for the book. There is allot going on, allot of questions to answer, I'm intr
St Stephen's C C
As the war rages on, the witch army is unstoppable in its march for power. But there is one thing the witches hunger for: sixteen-year-old Megan, and the baby daughter she has hidden from them. A child who holds the key to their future. A child they will hunt to the end...
Kayleigh Jones
Aug 08, 2015
Lynae
Jan 20, 2016
filimaua grace lualua-piva
rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2015
Kyra H
Feb 23, 2016
Georgie
May 20, 2015
Gary Meehan was born in Bolton, Lancashire, and was educated at Lincoln College, Oxford, the University of Aberdeen and the University of Warwick. He lives in Derby with his son, where he works as a software engineer and on maintaining an air of bemused detachment. After a quarter century of writing he really should have come up with witty to put in his bio.

True Fire (3 books)
  • True Fire
  • True Power
“Everyone's tried to kill me,' said Megan. 'These days I'm taking it as a sign of affection.” 0 likes
“Megan looked to the table. 'We're agreed then? We go through?'
'Because you said so?'
'I think you'll find that's how Megan defines agreement, father,' said Eleanor.”
0 likes