Start by marking “Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black, #2)

Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black #2)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  2,862 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
In the sequel to the enormously successful Casting the First Stone, Kimberla Lawson Roby brings back a character readers love to hate.

Curtis Black might be a man of the cloth, but with his irresistible looks, seductive charm, and charismatic personality, he's particularly beloved by his female parishioners––and almost every other woman he's ever met.

The trouble is, Curtis
Published February 1st 2005 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2004)

Melissa
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
Curtis Black was at it again in the sequel to "Casting the First Stone." "Too Much of a Good Thing" was extremely predicatable...at times I felt as if I was reading the first book. Although predicatable, it is an entertaining read.
Wanda
Jun 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Great book! The author made me not like curtis black! He sucks so bad! But can't wait for the next book!
Josie
Sep 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe how quickly I finished this 2nd book in the Curtis Black Series. I mean as soon as you pick up the book and start reading you can't put it down. It's so enthralling and entertaining. I know I started backwards by reading the last 2 books first, but I only have 1 more to go and I'm done. But even if you start with the last book and haven't read any of them, you will still be captivated and astounded by all the drama, chaos and immoral acts that occur with the so called "people of ...more
Nia W
Jan 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
#2 in the Rev. Curtis Black Series...scandalous...yet not trashy
Nardsbaby Reader
Jan 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Who are we to judge anything?

When I read that TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING was out the sequel to, CASTING THE FIRST STONE, I was trying to figure what could possibly left to do? Curtis Black, the fine minister from Chicago, with the heart of lust is up to the challenge. Not only is he re-married, he's back as the preacher of another prominent church and he's up to his old ways!

You constantly fight with yourself to do right and when you do wrong, you 180 degrees to the wrong! Who of us hasn't fallen
Tip Reads
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-book-shelf
What can I say Rev. Curtis Black is at it again. To me Too Much of a Good Thing was better than the first book of the series. Honey this Pastor is terrible. This man don't mind doing whatever it takes to get what he wants. You have to read this.........
Shavon
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Definitely entertaining lol
SD Johnson
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long while since I've given a book five stars. Actually, I rarely ever give any book five stars, but this one OMG! Once again Kimberla puts in the mind of a young version of Mary Monroe and her God series. In this book her writing is timeless. This is a super page turner. The constant of emotions and the jaw dropping twist. She simply killed it with this follow up to book #1 .
I keep asking myself, how could there be 14 editions. What else could Curtis Black possibly do next?As for
Taneka
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I read this out of sequence. However, I started with book 3, The Best-Kept Secret, and am working backwards. Thank goodness I started there, but although I haven't read book one, Casting the First Stone, I feel like I am caught up. I'll still read it, but I don't see much of a need, other than to have it added to my "Read" list.

Curtis is the worst of the worst. He is a greedy many using the power of the pulpit to mask his greed. I didn't understand why Adrienne would fall for him twice
Lisa Ford
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-cd
listened to on CD not really my kinda story
Natasha Hayes
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was really different from many of the other novels in this series and I was really surprised by some of the plot line.
Karina
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Apparently Curtis didn't learn anything from the first book.
Letesa Campbell
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
great book can't wait for the other one.
KimeyDiann
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm really having a hard time rating this book! It kept my interest and I wanted to know what happened next, but I absolutely loathed almost every character!

Reverend Black, the central character, is the biggest hypocrite I think I have ever encountered. He is slimy and manipulative and I can not think of a single redeeming characteristic. He claims to be a man of God, but he sets an extremely poor example of what a Christian should be, much less of what a minister of the Christian Faith should
Beyond the Pages
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Too Much of a Good Thing was sadly or rather strangely entertaining, I confess. The story followed the life and times of Mr. Curtis Black. This obnoxious character was a man of the cloth, a serial adulterer, and an outright hypocrite of the highest degree. I did not like him one bit. He was arrogant, selfish, cruel, and unrepentant. I followed his tale as long as I could, but then I finally gave up. Perhaps, the story's ending told a different story about who this man became; I couldn't make it ...more
MZURAQT
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pastor Curtis Black is back and more conniving than ever.After losing his first wife and his old church he has to go back to a normal life without all the fame, money, cars and clothes.Once he adjust to his new life the opportunity has approach him to become pastor at a new church. Wantintg his old life back he hops on the chance given,question is will Pastor black be able to balance a new church, new wife and on top of that try to rebuild the relationship with is daughter Alicia or will he fall ...more
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Wow, Preacher Curtis Black is at it again! Kimberla Lawson Roby did not disappoint with a drama filled sequel to Casting the First Stone.

It wouldn't be Mr. Black if there wasn't lying and cheating involved. Just newly married to his second wife (this also being the second book in the series) he finds himself bored with her after 6 months of marriage. Adrienne and Charlotte both end back up in the picture and of course, there is nothing but trouble. I also liked that Alicia's story is being told
LaTonya
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the second book of the Curtis Black series. I liked this book even more than the first book in the series. In the beginning it seemed the same as the first book, just with a different wife. As I got more into the book and the drama began to unfold, I couldn't put it down. I just wish the wives wouldn't be so submissive and take so much disrespect from Curtis. I also felt bad for what happened to Alicia in this story. Overall, I really likes this book and I can't wait to get into ...more
Rae Lewis-Thornton
Love love loved book two... It will keep you laughing and shaking your head at the main character the right Rev. Curtis Black...

I love how the author tells a story that is fun, but at the same time, weave important issues into the story line... There were so many important issues for women in this book, rape, self-worth, self-love, shared custody of a child.. And let's not forget, the whole issue of adultery and clergy abuse... Great Read!

Well I'm off to book three....
Diane Rembert
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Reverend Curtis Black is back and he is still up to his old tricks. But this time, he has a different wife, one he married for the sake of the church. This character will have dressmaker readers deep in their feelings, because he is a gigolo…all in the name of the Lord! One thing that the good Reverend's keeps forgetting is that everything you do in the dark…will come to light. I'm excited about continuing this series! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ava
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hmm, funny thing is this preacher is just like the one that was on Iyanla fix my life episode this weekend. If this book wasn't written years ago i would have said someone was copying. Not a fan of Rev. Curtis Black but, I know I am going to have to read the next installment. I could almost guess cause most of these books a very predictable. Once a cheater.....
Laura Lavender-blackwood
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had me so fired up but it's an awesome read. That Reverend Curtis Black is back to his old tricks. Reading stuff like this makes you not want to go to church, but your not going for the people your going for the relationship you develop with GOD. Well I'm not going to preach but I love this book can't wait to see what The Reverend does next.
Sheila Jackson
May 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love Too Much of a Good Thing, but the charcter Curtis Black made me sick to my stomach, because we all know people like him. I just hate that the author didn't give Mariah, Curtis wife any relief in the story. But overall, I am looking forward to reading Curtis Black next adventures and hopefully he gets what he deserves.
Patricia
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well, well and WELL!!! The Reverend Curtis Black is up to his old ways, yet again! Married to wife number #2, he continues to not disappoint from what readers know his deep rooted struggles tend to be. (Being faithful to his wife, greed, money and power.) Did he not learn from his first mistakes that cost him his marriage AND his daughter?
Andrea
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
That Curtis Black will never learn his lesson. And how can someone like him be called to preach. He can't even set a good example for his congregation. I enjoyed reading this book. It was really sad how he lied to these women and to the point were he drove Adrianne crazy. You would think he learned his lesson but I don't think he will. Excited to see what happens next.
Nicola Terry
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Roby makes u hate Curtis each time... But such an entertaining read. Fast paced... I'm left to wonder how many naive women are left in the series... Already searching for the next one... Too much like book 1 for me. I truly hope book 3 is somehow different.
Tynece
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The "good" reverend must be insane because he did everything the exact same way and expected a different result.......he learned nothing from the first time and he cares about nobody but himself.....the only thing that's different about him is it seems he becoming more cruel with each new wife
Quasia Thomas
This book was so good, it shows the authors taste and style. Her writing is so fluent and the book keeps your interested until the very end. This was a beautifully written book and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good drama.
Tijuana Griggs
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Curtis is truly one of a kind, just when you think he's changing his true personality shines thru. This book left my whole mouth wide open and I couldn't have even predicted all the drama and the way the book was end. Can't wait to read book 3
Eddie Johnson
The author through the use of the main character Curtis Black depicts how a married minister manipulates females for his own self gratification. I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in church drama related romance books.
  • A Sin and a Shame
  • Everybody Say Amen
  • The First Lady
  • Nappily Married (Nappily, #3)
  • Sisters & Lovers
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
New York Times Bestselling Author, Kimberla Lawson Roby, has published thirteen novels which include, BEST FRIENDS FOREVER, THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL, A CHRISTMAS PRAYER, THE PRODIGAL SON, A HOUSE DIVIDED, THE PERFECT MARRIAGE, THE REVEREND'S WIFE, SECRET OBSESSION, LOVE, HONOR, and BETRAY, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PRAY FOR, A DEEP DARK SECRET, THE BEST OF EVERYTHING, ONE IN A MILLION, SIN NO MORE, LOVE &a ...more
More about Kimberla Lawson Roby...

Reverend Curtis Black (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Casting the First Stone (Reverend Curtis Black, #1)
  • The Best-Kept Secret (Reverend Curtis Black, #3)
  • Love & Lies (Reverend Curtis Black, #4)
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black, #5)
  • The Best of Everything (Reverend Curtis Black, #6)
  • Be Careful What You Pray For (Reverend Curtis Black, #7)
  • Love, Honor, and Betray (Reverend Curtis Black, #8)
  • The Reverend's Wife (Reverend Curtis Black, #9)
  • A House Divided (Reverend Curtis Black, #10)
  • The Prodigal Son (Reverend Curtis Black #11)