Start by marking “The Freezer (A Genesis Endeavor Book)” as Want to Read:
The Freezer (A Genesis Endeavor Book)

The Freezer (A Genesis Endeavor Book)

1966 wasn’t a great year for Jack. He hadn’t even gotten over the loss of his family and now his doctor was telling him his recent aches and pains were cancer. Going in for his first surgery, he was uncertain he could, or even should, face the challenges ahead. When he woke up to find over three hundred years had passed, an entirely new set of challenges lay before him. Di ...more
Published January 1st 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Freezer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Freezer

Fabi
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
The Freezer is David Kersten's first novel. He presents us with a well thought out, original, post-apocalyptic plot.

Chemical and biological warfare has brought humanity to the brink of extinction. Human males are permanently sterile so it is only a matter of time before humans are only a mark in the history of earth. It is only because of cloning technology that there are any humans still left alive.

Discovery of an ancient cryogenic facility gives one of the small settlements new hope for the fu
Kathryn
Futuristic post Armageddon Tale

Frankly I am not a good reviewer of this book. I had too many questions and belief issues to buy into the tale. You need to really get with the story and wade through and I read to the middle the skimmed most of the second half and read the epilogue. That isn't particularly helpful to the author. I gave it three stars because it didn't pull me into the story throughout.
Michael
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a post-apocalyptic tale with a science fiction twist: a guy wakes up several hundred years in the future to a changed world. I liked how the author took a complex situation – cryogenics – and boiled it down to a story that was believable without you crying foul over the science / technology as well as weaving a plausible futuristic storyline.

I picked this up for $0.99 vs. its normal price of $3.99. If you like post-apocalyptic fiction with a science fiction slant, I would recommend this
Diana Binney
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting story

I rarely watch a movie but if this were made into a movie, staying true to the book, I would definitely watch it! I love the way the author covered so many different aspects of the story. I usually get bored at some point in most books but that did not happen with this one. I will be watching to see what else he may put out there!
Nancy Newhall
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The freezer...

Very different and compelling story about the future of humanity... Very easy to read and follow...I really enjoyed this book and am now going to read the next book...
Brandae Scherr
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent post apocalyptic book.

This is a great story so unlike so many others of same genre. Loved the thought process that went into the storyline. I highly recommend this book. I am now going to second book!!
Peggy
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent I'm hooked!

I wanted to ignore the real world and read this all the way through. The characters are well developed along with the world they are in. The conflicts are believable. I will be getting the next in this series now .
Keith
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected.....

I was very eager to read this after reading the book's synopsis, and a short story, The Paradox Cycle, by the same author, but ended being rather disappointed. The characters did not feel well developed to me other than Jack, the main character. The dialogue between the characters at times was fine, but was mostly flat. The premise of the story is intriguing and the framework for a good story is there but the execution feel short. There was not enough focus on the difficu
Shari Sakurai
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

The Freezer is the first book in the Genesis Endeavor series. Set over three hundred years in the future where humanity is on the edge of extinction, the survivors have turned to science to ensure the future of the human race.

The protagonist, Jack Taggart, is the oldest ‘reborn’ who has been brought back using advanced cloning techniques. His last memory is going into surgery for cancer in 1966 and when he awakes he is shocked to le
Robin
This was a truly enjoyable book. The story, the characters and the setting all flowed into an interesting world that I want to know more and more about. I want to see how this community develops, what struggles they'll face and whether they'll reach a new human potential.

This series reminds me of Red Mars in the pure potential available for world development from a common core. I can't wait to find out if the author sees the opportunity he has here to explore the possible different human philos
Deborah Hughes
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was futuristic mystery science fiction story. It is a what if we were able to clone people after they are frozen and what the earth would be like if the countries tried to destroy themselves. I have really enjoyed this book and have already got the next book in the series. It makes you think of the what ifs that could happen now to bring us to that kind of world.
Nicole Parker
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I really enjoyed this book. It's unique and has a well rounded l I st of characters. The protagonist Jack is flawed but relatable, making him a great character to read about.
Michelle
Not bad for a first novel. It is maybe a little to wordy, but I enjoyed the plot and the characters.
Richard Meiners
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inventive

Reminds me of seveneves the ideas are disparate but all co
me together in the end writing and character development better than average
Christina Relis
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I couldn't put this down. Lots of twists and turns and a great story idea. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author
Bill Barnes
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome

Excellent read, especially for a newbie. l grew up with Heinlein, Azimof and Tom Corbet and Tom Swift Nr. David Kersten. can stand with these pioneers.
Dyanne Green
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good read

Good story line and well-written. I look forward to reading the sequel. This is the first book I've read by this author and I plan on reading more.
Cat Standridge
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read!

A captivating, thought provoking read! Characters are fully fleshed and believable. A plausible storyline with strong development in place for future books.
Joseph D. Zurybida
Sep 15, 2016
Peter SZUCS
Feb 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Apocalypse Whenever: CLOSED> December Giveaway: "The Freezer" by David Kersten 32 89 Jan 02, 2016 11:39AM
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover 3 21 Feb 19, 2015 06:42PM
  • Human Sister
  • Dream War
  • Life, Inc.
  • Don't Know Where, Don't Know When
  • The Slough of Despond (The Reality War, #1)
  • Amazing Agent Luna Vol 2
  • The Lady Astronomer
  • Jagannath
  • The Sentinel (The Sentinel Trilogy, #1)
  • Murder of Crows (The Icarus Trilogy, #1)
  • Guns of Seneca 6 (Guns of Seneca 6, #1)
  • Ricket (Star Watch #2)
  • i2
  • Year of the Dead (Sustainable Earth #1)
  • Machinations (Machinations, #1)
  • Little Deadly Things
  • The River
  • Kingdoms of the Wall
“Jack, I need to tell you some things that will be difficult to hear, and your first reaction will be disbelief, but bear with me please. Once I have told you these things, hopefully I will be able to answer some of the questions you have. In the meantime, I want you to spend some time trying to move your fingers and toes. You need to teach your brain how to move again. Now before I get started, are you hungry?” 1 likes
“He didn’t appear to be focusing on anything in particular, but Jack didn’t think for a second that there wasn’t a detail in the room Chuck hadn’t noticed. “Yes,” 0 likes