Start by marking “Blessed are Those Who Mourn (Gabriella Giovanni Mysteries #4)” as Want to Read:
Blessed are Those Who Mourn (Gabriella Giovanni Mysteries #4)

Blessed are Those Who Mourn

(Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #4)

San Francisco Bay Area reporter Gabriella Giovanni has finally got it all together: a devoted and loving boyfriend, Detective Sean Donovan; a beautiful little girl with him; and her dream job as the cops' reporter for the Bay Herald. But her success has been hard-won and has left her with debilitating paranoia. When a string of young co-eds starts to show up dead with susp ...more
Published September 29th 2015 by Witness Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Blessed are Those Who Mourn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blessed are Those Who Mourn

Christy Wilson
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Where to start?

This is my first Kristi Belcamino read; it is also (of course) the first book I've read in this series. I had no troubles reading this as a stand alone and not reading the first three in the series.

Newspaper crime reporter Gabriella Giovanni has settled into her life as a mother to Grace, and SO to Sean Donovan. Past events from her life, as well as her job, make her feel a bit paranoid toward the public, specifically in any interaction with her daughter. The book starts with
Ann
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a 4 1/2 star story that is one of the best in the series. We find Gabriella, Sean and Grace settled in San Francisco when a murder starts stirring up the past. It has striking similarities with the kidnapping and murder of her sister 20 years ago. So much fast action, so much murder and mayhem this book flies to a thrilling conclusion. I think reading the previous books would help understand some of the background story. A great read.
Sarah Hanley
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent- my favorite so far in this series!
Elisa Hordon
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Extremely hard to put down and a must-read for fans of Kristi Belcamino.

I wasn't sure anything could top 'Blessed are those who weep', but I was very wrong. 'Blessed are those who mourn' went above and beyond my expectations.

I love falling in love with characters and Gabriella is hard not to love, her raw emotions always get me she always feels so deeply and Sean Donovan is right there to catch her when she falls.

This story was another gripping emotional rollercoaster and I loved it.
Victoria Colotta
Kristi Belcamino manages to take the reader on a non-stop action packed ride filled with murder, mind-games, and heartfelt emotion.

Book Review

I can honestly tell you that I didn’t know if I would like the latest installment of the Gabriella Giovanni Mystery series as much as I have the three previous books. I fell in love with the series early on and the bar was set high with Blessed are the Meek. I was sure that Kristi would deliver a great book, but she out did herself. Blessed are Those Who Mourn is an
Kathy
You might think that having read the previous three novels in the Gabriella Giovanni series, you are prepared for almost anything. You would be wrong. Blessed Are Those Who Mourn takes living in a character's head to a whole new level. When you read this book, you will feel pain and suffering and hopelessness. You will fall into a hole so dark and deep, so filled with evil, that your heart beats wildly and your breath comes in ragged gasps. How do people cope with certain unimaginable events of ...more
Dick
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Belcamino has done it again! I had the pleasure of reading an ARC of Mourn and I am delighted to report this book, the fourth and best in the Gabriella Giovanni series, is excellent. This was not an easy task as the first three were terrific, each better than the one before it. It is not necessary to read the series in order but it is clearly the best way to go. I highly recommend reading the third before the fourth book.
Belcamino keeps the series fresh by adding new characters along the way an
books are love
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the beginning I was riveted. I could not put this down. You saw the pieces getting put in place but were helpless. Ella and Donovon are great. THey are overprotective but are trying to ease that protectiveness.

This is a haunting, riveting, intriguing tale of two people who are put in the middle of a nightmare. Donovon is a detective who loves his girlfriend and daughter with everything he has but cannot protect them from ella’ s past or what happens in the present. Him and Ella are put in a
Mikki
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! Blessed Are Those Who Mourn by Kristi Belcamino, will be released Sept. 29, 2015. I was privileged to read an advance copy of this on Aug. 6, 2015. Here is my review:

(You can pre-order it through Amazon.com.)

Another winner from Kristi Belcamino! This author is on fire! In this 4th book in the Gabriella Giovanni series, the action starts near the beginning and barrels full speed ahead, with suspense and gut-wrenching emotional pull that keeps the reader glued until the very end. How does
Luanne Ollivier
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Blessed Are Those Who Mourn is the fourth book in Kristi Belcamino's Gabriella Giovanni series.

Belcamino's choice of lead characters opens up a world of possibilities in terms of plots. Gabriella is a crime reporter in San Francisco and her partner Sean Donovan is a police detective.

The past plays a large part in Blessed Are Those Who Mourn. Belcamino provides enough back story that this first time reader didn't feel at a loss at all.

Someone is murdering women - and leaving taunting clues -
John W.
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO MOURN is a riveting and fast moving mystery thriller full of suspense and family issues. Kristi Belcamino, pulls out all the stops, delivering her promise to tie up some loose ends and as well as creating new hooks to keep readers involvement in Gabriella Giovanni’s life. The author gives her readers a ride of a lifetime as Gabriella takes steps to protect those she loves as well as her new baby Grace She continues to provide readers with Gabriella ‘s backstory giving detai ...more
TAMMY CUEVAS
Holy cannoli! It's been a while since a book had me on the edge of my seat like this one. I read it in one setting because I could not put it down until I knew what happened. Gabriella's torment when her daughter is targeted by a serial killer will definitely strike a chord with anyone with children.

The characters are believable and well-developed. This is fourth in a series, but it works well as a stand-alone, although after reading it, I do want to read the first three.

5 stars

Disclosure of Mat
John
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is based on a reading of an ARC of the novel.

With her fourth book in her Gabriella Giovanni mystery series Kristi Belcamino knocks it out of the park with her best novel to date. In Blessed Are Those Who Mourn, Giovanni and Donovan are faced with a series of murders which challenge both intimately, and which leads them finally to the trail of a long time nemesis, with a twist. The pace is furious and the action hot as Gabriella races a ticking clock to the resolution of an unsolved c
Jo
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in the series, and it is clear, from reading this book,that I've missed out on a lot of action by not reading books 1 - 3. That said, I don't believe that anything was lost from the enjoyment of this book by not doing so.

But this story? Oh my. This was a skillfully woven blanket of tension, grief, fear and anger. The author told a very dramatic story in a manner which was completely and utterly captivating, and yet somehow managed to impart a sense of bleakness in the telli
Douglas Cronk
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"The past is never dead. It's not even past."
William Faulkner.

For Gabriella Giovanni, the past is neither dead or past, it seems as much a part of her present as eating, sleeping, or breathing.
In Blessed Are Those Who Mourn, the fourth Gabriella Giovanni mystery by Kristi Belcamino, "Ella" is forced to face demons from her past that she would rather not face. It is a battle with these all too human demons she must win to save herself and her family.
I won't reveal anymore of the plot, I'll ju
Mimi Ryan
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whether it was Gabriella’s putting her fear out in the universe, a mother’s intuition, or prophecy, or all of the above, I don’t know. I was paralyzed and I’ve never paused while reading a book, but I have to admit, I had an “ohcrapIcantbelievethis” moment…the rest of the book was a roller coaster ride through this moment…I speedily devoured the rest of the book in anticipation of a positive resolution. Once again, Belcamino has delivered a rich, intense journey through Gabriella Giovanni’s life ...more
Anissa
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristi Belcamino's newest novel brings Gabriella Giovanni into another scintillating mystery, but this time it's personal! The story is keenly crafted, and takes the reader along for an emotional ride with Gabriella and Donovan. The story captivates your attention and imagination, and the terror of every parent's worst nightmare. It's another must read by Ms. Belcamino, and I highly recommend the first 3 books of her series for further enjoyment!
Connie Cartwright

I I I couldn't put it down. It grabbed me from the beginning. Heart tugging and so real I cried and laughed. I was spellbound wanting to know what would happen next. I recommend this book to everyone.
Leila  I.
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished the 4th and last book in the series. Gabriella found out at last just what was important
in her life above all else. Reading the last part of this book was nail-biting and I couldn't get to the end fast enough. I read through dinner into the night to finish it. I really hope the author will
consider writing more books with Gabriella and Donovan, her husband.
Candace
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristi Belcamino once again brings out the S in Suspense! Another nail biter that will have you grasping your book or reader so hard you might break it. Love, hate, revenge, and courage all in one story. Never mess with a mother and her child.
Vaun Healey
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and exciting story

Except for a lot of repetitious content, this is an excellent look into the mind of a mother with a missing child and memories of a similar situations involving her loved sister.
jennifer garcia
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best One Yet!

The fourth novel in the Gabriella Giovanni serious is the best one yet! Tense, thrilling, and addicting. Thanks for another edge-of-you-seat story.
Dina
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They just keep getting better. Waiting for 5!
Ellen White
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gab life is full, with a loving boyfriend, and their little girl Grace. She looks a lot like her sister that was kidnapped and murdered twenty years ago.The man was Frank Anderson, and bible quotes. Her mother has been the rock and her and Gracie are close. With her job as a cop reporter and boyfriend Donovan a detective, A fear is always there she should be there all the time to protect her child, what kind of a mother is she. A day with the three of them at the beach, a stranger comes up and t ...more
Barbara Cosenza
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How much hurt can a mother stand

Gabriella Giovanni’s daughter is kidnapped on the beach as her mother is injured and left in a coma. The child’s father Seam Donovan is a local cop on the hunt for a serial killer, Frank Anderson, who is suspected of killing Gabriella’s sister. Are the crimes connected? Is Frank at it again? As we read along we share in Gabriella’s agony and every twist and turn in the plot. By the end you are rushing to get to the next part. You can’t put it down or stop. You mus
Jeff Cochrane
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one

I was a little apprehensive about this book after reading the last book in the series where I felt Gabriella was going to become just an overwrought person. I was so wrong. Gabriella is back and faces one of the most horrible things a parent ever has to deal with. And she handles it well. Everything tied together so well in this book. The sub story served a definite purpose and helped tie everything together. Highly recommended.
Christina Blake
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Wow, this one really was an emotional journey, fear, tears, happiness, it had it all. I love Gabriella, she is so strong and fearless. I can't wait to find out what she comes across next
Ready to start the next in this riveting series..
Rebecca
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too many years missing

I have loved all of the Gabriella novels, but I feel like there’s one missing between the third book and this, the fourth one. We missed six years of their lives ... and that’s more than I wanted to miss! I love Gabriella!
Nancy Shipman
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blessed are those who mourn.

I read them all back to back.I loved everyone of them. I have also read all the Gia books and loved those. I am waiting for the next Gia book.
Ruby Bibi
-Last in a series of mysteries surrounding Gabriela Giovanni, a reporter for a California daily newspaper. Her older sister was abducted and killed when Gabriela was a child and she had been bent on locating the man who did it. She had found his name and he also had found her and had sent passages from the Bible to her by email, as warnings.
-Gabriela is now living with her detective/ boyfriend, Sean Donovan, and they have a daughter, Grace, who's almost 6 years old. While on the beach, a young m
Mystery/Thriller ...: Goodreads Giveaway 2 21 Sep 19, 2015 04:27PM

• Scot Free
  • Death on the Menu (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #8)
  • Murder in Shadow (New Scotland Yard/Doyle and Acton, #6)
  • Cast the First Stone (Ellie Stone Mysteries #5)
  • The Woman in the Camphor Trunk (Anna Blanc Mysteries #2)
  • What Doesn't Kill You
  • Russian Dolls
  • The Moroni Deception
  • What You See (Jane Ryland, #4)
  • Of Murder and Men (Cat Latimer Mystery, #3)
  • Storm Rising (FBI K-9 #3)
  • Cold Cruel Winter (Richard Nottingham, #2)
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Mystery Writers of America Presents The Prosecution Rests: New Stories about Courtrooms, Criminals, and the Law
  • Harvest of Secrets (Wine Country Mysteries, #9)
  • Past Due for Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #3)
  • More Holmes for the Holidays
  • The Corpse with the Golden Nose (Cait Morgan #2)
Kristi Belcamino is a USA TODAY bestselling author, an Agatha, Macavity, Barry, and Anthony award finalist, a newspaper cops reporter, and an Italian mama who makes a tasty biscotti.

She writes books featuring strong, fierce, and independent women facing unspeakable evil in order to seek justice for those unable to do so themselves.

Gabriella Giovanni Mystery (5 books)
  • Blessed Are the Dead (Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #1)
  • Blessed Are the Meek (Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #2)
  • Blessed are Those Who Weep (Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #3)
  • Blessed are the Peacemakers (Gabriella Giovanni Mysteries #5)