Start by marking “Love Beyond Compare (Morna's Legacy, #5)” as Want to Read:
Love Beyond Compare (Morna's Legacy, #5)

Love Beyond Compare

(Morna's Legacy #5)

Dont Miss This Romantic Tale in Mornas Legacy Series of Scottish Time Travel Romance Novels by USA TODAY Bestselling Author, Bethany Claire She left her whole world behind to find the one thing that really matters.

Jane Mitchell has many dreams for her life, but living in the seventeenth century was never one of them. Unknowingly transported through time by the meddling

Published February 26th 2015 by Bethany Claire Books

To ask other readers questions about Love Beyond Compare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Beyond Compare

Start your review of Love Beyond Compare (Morna's Legacy, #5)
Ashley Daviau
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far my favourite book out of the series so far. Jane is my favourite heroine yet, theres something about her that I just connected with and that made me want to root for her. Her spirit and her fire make her a really easy character to love! I really enjoyed her connections with other characters as well, it added a very interesting aspect to the story. ...more
Jenn
A sad disappointment. I would have rated this a 1 star had it not been for the little bits and pieces of humor.

I liked:
1. Bits of humor
2. Orick
3. Adwen and Jane didn't play foolish games when they decided to finally make a go of a relationship.
4. I like the cover.

Issues:
1. Parts of the story seemed pointless- just there to try and make the story continue on.
2. The 1st and 3rd person point of views killed it for me. It messed with the flow of the story with the switching. In Adwen's head, it
Maureen
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Not my favorite of the series

It seems Love Beyond Compare was a little to rushed and the characters not all that well developed. We see a great deal of Grace's six year old Cooper, but Jane's story does not wrap up as suitably as it could. Although this is a full length novel, it honestly felt like a novella.
Brianna Almonte
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was entertaining but I don't know I wanted more. I felt the story line was a bit weak not as detailed. However I wouldn't be against reading the other stories.
Alison
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By Bethany Claire

Morna's Rouge is the sweet and clean version of 'Love Beyond Compare' by Bethany Claire. This is for the readers who prefer clean language in their stories and love scenes that stay behind closed doors.

Jane Mitchell has always been a dreamer, but living in the seventeenth century was never one of her fantasies (especially for a 21st century girl who really loves her modern consciences). Transported through time against her will one night by the meddling witch, Morna, Jane
Johnetta
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Morna's Rouge is the sweet and clean version of 'Love Beyond Compare' by Bethany Claire. Our main character Jane, is a modern girl in every sense of the term and being transported back in time, to never see New York or drive her sports car again is not sitting well with this lady. But, this time is where her family is, so she is making the best of it. She is not the type of girl to hang around in the castle doing nothing all day so she gets a job at the inn... Not for money, but because she is ...more
Cheryl
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you meet someone who basically tells you to take a hike? Well in this case if you find that you are experiencing love at first sight then you have to work for it. This is what happened to Adwen and his love is Jane. Now this is a very romantic book and you will need the Kleenex because it is a bit of a tear jerker.
You have humor and helpers in the form of Cooper, Orick, Isabel and a few more. In addition to the love between Jane and Adwen you have a sick lady who needs help
Amy
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book but I'm not sure if it could be called a complete stand-alone as I was confused as to what went on before and how she and her family ended up there.

I didn't like the hero Adwen at first. Sleeping with all those women-eww-and then falling in love so quickly with Jane. He seemed too fickle for that.

I liked that Jane was so feisty and modern, but she fell for him awfully fast too. I loved that they had chemistry together, but felt the ending was too rushed for my liking.
EvilAntie Jan
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary

This pivotal book in this series is so riveting on many levels. Truly an adventure with the character Cooper, who continues to mystify and charm everyone. It also spotlights two incredible characters of Jane (who is one tough woman) and Adwen the rogue who would be Laird. If ever there was a story to lose your heart over it is this one.
SHERRY
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book on Audible.

Excellent story of fantasy time travel. Lose yourself in the Scotland Highlands in the 17th century. A little humor, a little suspense, a lot of love and wonderful characters! Bethany has done it again with her 5th book in the Morna Series. Lily Collingwood NAILES the narration!! Don't miss this series!
Mary  Aquino
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a Great Tale

Whether you read this "sweet" story or the original, you will come to love Jane, Adwen, Orick, Gregory, Isobel, and Cooper. Bethany Claire's characters come to life and charm you with the story of how all their lives intersect.
Marcia Van
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Ummm. I've read this series from boredom. The writing gets better as the series goes on. I like the characters, but after reading Diana Gabaldon, this seems more like a high school girl wrote them. (I'm sorry Bethany!)
Diane Horne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love Beyond Compare Book 5 by Bethany Claire

This was a tearful story...It was really good but there was some pitfalls..Downside was when they went to the future she did not write that very well confusing but overall a good book..Four stars
Kay
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Loved this book. I really enjoy the time travel with the romance and mystery. Great character development with both original and new characters. Look forward to remaining books in series.
Linda Oleniuk
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice easy read with a romantic fantasy twist.
I didnt learn anything about 17th century Scotland but thats ok.
Cary
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Same plot but still nicely done with a few variations on a theme. Same cast and time travel... yeah!
Georgia
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
More strife to overcome for Morna to make this match. I found the bits of angst refreshing and I enjoyed the humor and plot twists as well.
Sarah Southerland
3.5. My least favorite of them so far.
Tialisa
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite so far. This book has more humor and more tragedy than the others. The relationships are different with the characters and you truly don't think it will be a happy ending. Much deeper.
Eliza Leone
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommendation:
Yes! As this is now book 5 in the series, you should read the ones before to understand, at the very least, read Love Beyond Measure and In Due Time to see how Jane ended up in the past.

Graces sister (from book 4) Jane, is teleported to the past by Morna who in all her wisdom, must know something Jane doesnt. Morna often takes the choice for that first leap out of those she helps hands, but Jane is not as thrilled as the others. She is bored, restless, and having dreams of sexy
Shaly
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bethany-claire
Wow! This book was amazing! I absolutely loved every character, including Jane whom I thought I wouldn't care for all that much since she was a pain in the ass in the novella before this one. She turned out to be pretty cool though.

Adwen was a cocky, arrogant ass but once Jane brought him down a few pegs his character was quite likable. Orick was my favorite! Sexy, smart and funny! Loved everything about him. Funny enough Cooper was older in this book, six, and he acted more like a child in this
Mary  Aquino
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great!

I'm now fully engrossed in this series. Bethany Claire has written stories that are stitched together by Morna's presence, but that stand alone and draw you in. Onto book 7!
Chelsey Nichols
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Beyond Compare by Bethany Claire is easy to fall in love with. Following the story of Jane Mitchell, who was deposited in the 17th century by the witch, Morna, we are able to see that not everyone is interested in being a damsel in distressor needs to be rescued by a strapping laird. In fact, Jane is getting rather fed up with her sedate life in a castle. This is a girl who is used to being self-sufficient and independentnot coddled. After striking out on her own (by getting a job in the ...more
Kai
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Love Beyond Compare leaves off where In Due Time ends. After being transported into by the past by Morna, Jane Mitchell has decided to stay since everyone that she cares about is staying in the 17th century. Jane does have some resentment of not having the choice of going to the past and have dubbed Morna as a meddling witch.

After spending much time at the McMillian Castle, Jane needed a purpose or something to fulfill her time. She went to work at a village inn hoping that she can find
Midniteillusion (Desiree)
3 stars over all but 1 star for the ending.

I want to reread the series I feel like I've forgotten a few things plus I want to see the original characters again, I miss them!

I was let down with this book. This was least favorite of the series by far. Adwen has to be a walking STD. He seems dirty, I get Claire is trying to make him different then our other heroes and a bit of a playboy as such but in the 1600's he'd have something nasty by now. Syphilis most likely.

The book was almost over and it
Samantha
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jane Mitchell is a modern NYC woman transported back to 17th century Scotland by a meddling witch so she can remain part of her nephew's life. (To find out how he and his family ended up in 17th century Scotland, see books 1-4 of the series.) But after living a full life as a working woman in modern day America, Jane finds herself shiftless, bored, stir crazy and hungry for some kind of purpose to fill her days. Since it would not be suitable for the unmarried relative of the laird to seek ...more
Calley
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This book could have done with WAY more background info than it provided (like how/why the heroine went back in time, her relationship with her parents, some history about her sister and nephew). I had read another book in this series (number 6), and it was fine to read stand alone, but this one very much needed the prior book, at the very least. There was a lot of stuff that was assumed the reader knew, so a warning that this book built on the one before it, even though it was about a totally ...more
R. D.
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was too pumped when I realized that book 5 of Morna's Legacy was released. Of course I purchased, downloaded and read right away. Bethany Claire did not let me down.

No villain here; just character struggles and the question of fate. The characters stood in their own way. They overcame a questionable tragedy to see a happy ending. I had moments of laughter and moments of tears.

I liked Jane's character; she showed maturity and understanding while struggling to find her place in the 17th
Wendy Tavenner
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just love Morna's meddling. Jane and her BFF by a castle in Scotland to restore and be by her sister Grace, not realizing Grace lives in the 17th Century. When she is thrust back in time, she decides to stay in the to be near her sister and nephew. Jane needs a purpose so she goes to E-O for help and he suggests working in the local Inn, which she takes him up on his offer. She meets Adwen and Orick. Take another journey down to the 17th Century, where there are magic rock and magic stairs ...more
Kim
It took me a while to warm up to Adwen enough to enjoy this book less than I enjoyed the others. His character was a lot to take in at first. Orick, Adwen's right hand man was way more personable and appealing to me.

Jane on the other hand is super badass. She refuses to allow Adwen to continue living his life so coldly and distanced from feeling. She is a great match for him.

What started out weakly for me finished strongly. I wound up growing to like Adwen and Jane a lot and am excited to see
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions 3 11 Apr 16, 2019 06:06PM

• Gavin (Immortal Highlander, #5)
  • Indian Paintbrush (Carson Chronicles, #3)
  • Falling for the Chieftain: A Time Travel Romance (Enchanted Falls Trilogy, Book 3)
  • The Amber Brooch (Celtic Brooch, #8)
  • The Broken Brooch (Celtic Brooch #5)
  • Tormod (Immortal Highlander #4)
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • The Sapphire Brooch (Celtic Brooch #3)
  • The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
  • Mercer Street (American Journey, #2)
  • The Last MacKlenna (Celtic Brooch, #2)
  • Wishing For a Highlander (Highland Wishes #1)
  • The Ruby Brooch (Celtic Brooch #1)
  • Evander (Immortal Highlander #3)
  • Latharn's Destiny: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Highlander Fate Book 6)
  • The Diamond Brooch (The Celtic Brooch #7)
  • Eadan's Vow: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Highlander Fate Book 1)
  • The Emerald Brooch (Celtic Brooch #4)
Bethany Claire is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Scottish time travel romance novels in Mornas Legacy Series.

Bethanys love of storytelling has been a lifelong passion but, convinced it would serve her best to follow a conventional career path, she tucked that passion away and went off to college.

Fast forward four years and about six major changes later, she realized the stories simply

Morna's Legacy (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Beyond Time (Morna's Legacy, #1)
  • Love Beyond Reason (Morna's Legacy, #2)
  • Love Beyond Hope (Morna's Legacy, #3)
  • Love Beyond Measure (Morna's Legacy, #4)
  • Love Beyond Dreams (Morna's Legacy, #6)
  • Love Beyond Belief (Morna's Legacy, #7)
  • Love Beyond Reach (Morna's Legacy, #8)
  • Love Beyond Words (Morna's Legacy, #9)
  • Love Beyond Wanting (Morna's Legacy, #10)
  • Love Beyond Destiny (Morna's Legacy, #11)