Start by marking “White Swans A Regency World” as Want to Read:
White Swans A Regency World

White Swans A Regency World

Kendíka’s second chance at life begins as a nightmare. Will the eerie eyes always looking down from the sky reveal themselves? Kendíka challenges the aliens no one has ever seen to bring about a better life for the humans trapped in the surreal Regency world she wakes up in. While getting to know her alien owner, she discovers the aliens aren’t so perfect and have much to ...more
Published January 15th 2015

To ask other readers questions about White Swans A Regency World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Swans A Regency World

haley
Feb 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-to-review
I received a free ebook copy in exchange for an honest review.

DNF at page 161 (about 50%)
This had a lot of potential. It started out great. I liked Kendika- she was a spunky and likable protagonist. And the world building seemed really interesting.
But as the story progressed, I found myself more and more bored. Not much action happens, it's more sitting around and scheming. And I hated Jillian, who was very selfish and immature.
I also found the world building to be a bit confusing. I'm sure th
Sheila
Author Annamaria Bazzi has a wonderful way with voice and description. Her protagonist’s unexpected switch from the present day to a regency world includes puzzlement at a working lady’s “shower cap,” authentic dismay at long skirts and complicated clothing, and bemusement at the rules of polite society. Of course, Kendika is not the only present-day teenager to find herself in this world. But Kendika’s situation, suddenly marraigable and rich, is better blessed than her new friend’s.

The blend o
Theresa
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kendika’s world is rocked upon the death of her parents leaving her bereft at the tender age of 16. In transit to her new guardian she falls asleep and awakens in a new world.

This world is set mostly, with a few exceptions, in the Regency area which is a world that is not set on Earth. The eyes in the sky are quite literally eyes that watch from the sky. Disobedience by breaking the unwritten laws is first warned against and if you persist in disobeying then punishment is both swift and harsh.
Karen
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
With White Swans: The Regency World, Annamaria Bazzi has created an intriguing story of a 16-year-old girl who has to deal with life in a quite different environment: a past era, with unusual additions. The author tells the story caringly - giving the reader room to get acquainted with Kendíka, the other protagonists and the surroundings. As the story proceeds you learn more about the humans, the swans and the circumstances. It is a surprising story, I warmed to some characters pretty fast. What ...more
Robin Houghton
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A compilation of the three current White Swan series books. It is a fairly large book. Complete in itself, but with a final twist that will leave you in suspense and wanting to read more.
A tale for all adults, but I can see late teens and young adults appreciating it most of all.
A mix of science fiction and horror in a period setting, told with warmth and compassion and teaching the value of humility and virtue within it.
An unusual, unexpected and creepily chilling story, it totally absorbed me
Corrine Pickering
Chris
Dec 27, 2015
Patty
Jan 18, 2016
Although born in the United States, Annamaria Bazzi spent her childhood in Sicily, Italy, in a town called Sciacca. Upon returning to the States, she promised she would speak without an accent. She attended Wayne State University in Detroit Michigan, and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Computers with a minor in Spanish. Annamaria raised four daughters and one husband and lives in Richmond, Virgi ...more