Start by marking “Breaching His Defenses (Love Hack, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaching His Defenses (Love Hack, #1)

Breaching His Defenses

(Love Hack #1)

What happens in Vegas...could destroy careers and break hearts. A chance encounter in a karaoke bar should have been just a fling for Jared Tippins and Mikki Elford. A smoking hot, memories last forever fling, but still just a fling. Except she works for the competition, and the competition has been up to no good. This fun contemporary romance is book one in Allyson Lindt' ...more
Published February 13th 2015 by Acelette Press (first published December 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Breaching His Defenses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaching His Defenses

Cristina
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I haven't read many books with this type of hero but for me brainy is also very sexy. Because my hubye is a total computer geek (he likes to call himself programmer but he's a geek :P) I was very curious about this one and...

description

Recently I was rather disappointed in a the books I got from NetGalley unless they where from an author I already read and loved so imagine my surprise when I started reading this book, actually enjoying it and finding that I couldn't put it down no matter what :P

description

Jared is a
ARC received for review

There was lots of chemistry between Jared and Mikki, but the issues had me dizzy at times. And would she confess already and quit dragging it out. The cover had me thinking this was going to be erotica, but it was just hot sex. His bff's were great, and look forward to their stories especially if Tate hooks up with Alyssa, Jared's sister.
Talltree
3.5 stars!
Coco.V
FREE on Amazon today (11/09/2017)!
Xiamera
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was a whirlwind that took place in the span of like four days. Mikki really showed her naivete early on and illustrated just how living in the now and being impulsive potentially set her up for failure later on. Question though: wasn't she enough of a tech geek to hear of the rumours concerning Jared's company? I know she had no friends as such but how was it possible for her not to at least keep her finger on the pulse of the tech world? That was the most troubling thing for me from the st ...more
Lisa Owens
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous novel by the wonderful Allyson Lindt.

Jared Tippins is a man who knows what he wants and just how far he is willing to go to get it. When he was burned by a woman he trusted, he uses her betrayal to fuel his vengeance. Instead of choosing to get even, he uses his intelligence and computer knowledge to show her that he can succeed on his own.

Mikki Elford has admired Jared's work ever since she first learned about his whiz kid abilities while she was in college. When she meets her
Lovinghotbooks1
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, kindle
Good #GeekLove story

I liked this story about Mikki and Jared who works for two different companies and find together at a convention. Many I would have liked it more if it had contained more feelings, it felt a little flat at times but don't get me wrong; I enjoyed it very much.
The writing style is easygoing and sweet with some hotness at occasions. I shuffled between reading and listening and the voice reading was good too although not perfect.
There are not any unnecessary descriptions of surr
Linda
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Workaholic Jared Tippins only had work on his mind, to get contracts before his competitor did, but his nemesis was one step ahead of him all the time and for his security firm. Then his two partners convince to go to a karaoke bar where he met a hot woman who worked for his competition.

Mikki Elford was determined to have the fun she missed on when she fast tracked through college, and Vegas was her go to spot as the saying went, "Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", and she had her eye on
Christina OW
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-bug
A very suitable title with its double meaning. The romance in this book was so simple direct, no bullshit and very refreshing. The main characters are in the same filled of work but one takes it seriously the other is determined to enjoy herself, and ehr life. Their two worlds crush and the H is pulled into the h life and her love of living. Simple wonderful read.
Katie O'Sullivan
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and fast-paced, Allyson Lindt knows her way around both contemporary romance and the high tech world she's writing about. Her characters are both believable and sympathetic, and the sex scenes are sizzling. The Las Vegas setting is not well utilized, serving more as an it-could-be-anywhere backdrop for the tech convention to be held, and although she tries to add touches of place when the characters walk around town, it fell a little flat if only because I've been to Vegas and the setting di ...more
Denise
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romances
The story of Jared and Mikki was a very nice romance. They seem to have little in common, until a karaoke bar comes into the picture. Jared is a workaholic geek and Mikki is a girl trying to become more adventurous. She goes up on stage to bail Jared out when his friends pick a duet for him to sing, even though he is alone . They end up singing song after song together and a little more in a "practice" room.
Unfortunately, Mikki has a secret that could break them apart. She doesn't even realize
Amanda Katherine
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The way Allyson builds the characters and storyline, I had such a vivid image of what she was creating and enjoyed it like a movie. Mikkie and Jared were such a fun and sexy couple, I wasn’t ready for the end to come. Even geeks can be sexy! I am usually an avid suspense reader but I was still pulled along for the ride even without the fear of the life or death situations. Making me really have to think and figure it out along with Mikkie and Jared. Definitely recommend to someone looking for a ...more
Chantay
Nov 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very boring and rushed

I could not get past the second chapter of this book. The plot seemed interesting enough as they are both programmers, but the book read like something a teenager would write for an English assignment. I really hate when authors make their female leads weak and unable to think about ANYTHING but their male leads within SECONDS of meeting them. It’s really quite exasperating.

Maybe I will force myself to read through the rest of this book, but it is no time in the foreseeabl
Rosemary Hughes
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! ! Just purely from the Geek point of view, I found it's background story, more than plausible. The romantic side was amusing and human, down to earth and raw.
For a book with it all: romance, hot sexual encounters, Corporate Espionage, and a touch of Geek, this book was great.
After reading a number of Ms Lindt's books, I must admit that I am becoming a fan.
Mona williams
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
wow this was a great book! its about a woman who hacks into a guys computer only to prove how easy it was. they end up falling in love but people try to come between them. thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Mandy Stump
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read

Such a fantastic book. The chemistry blew me away between the characters. Loved the drama and addiction. Loved the ending. So happy with how it turned out. Sexy hacker girl. Love when books have a women that doesn't look like Barbie.. Loved Mikka.
Swtdrms
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Smooth read, good book. Story a little rushed and not enough anticipation.
Tiffany
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another steamy romance
Tammy Crawford
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed reading this story😀 4.5
Stace
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very much enjoyed this well written story and characters!! Not just sex!! Can't wait to read book 2 and to read more from this author!!
Leslie
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so sexy and charming. I really loved the hot nerd guy and the smart woman. Super cute and fun to read.
Angie
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley from Acelette Press for an honest review. I'm conflicted how to rate this. The definition of 3 is liked it and 4 is really liked it. I hate Goodreads doesn't give half stars and 3 out of 5 sounds like you're giving the book a C, so I'm rounding up and giving it a 4. Although I wasn't really into the heroine for the beginning of the book, the plot itself was very interesting and fast paced about the 1/3 mark.

What didn't work for me was Mikki and J
Victoria
Originally posted at Revenge of the Feels

Rating: 4 stars

Confession: The cover caught my attention and I honestly just dived in without reading the synopsis!

As it turns out, Breaching His Defenses was quite a pleasant surprise! It’s romance in the tech world! This is definitely my first Allyson Lindt and hacking romance novel!

When I say this is my first tech romance novel, I meant it! I have never read or seen such hotness from people who speaks the tech language! It’s honestly rather cool in thi
Tony Parsons
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Las Vegas, NV. Vivian (HR) had interviewed Michaela “Mikki” Elford (former NetSafe Systems).
Hayden (boss) warned Mikki about sleeping with Jared Tippins (Director of Information Technology, Skriddie Bust Media, network security).
Larry Peacock (COO, Skriddie) announced his retirement.

Warning: This book contains extremely graphic adult content, violence, or expletive language &/or uncensored sexually explicit material which is only suitable for mature readers. It may be offensive to some reade
Jenn
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Breaching His Defenses is an incredible read!! Immediately, I was drawn into the story and wanted to find out what was going to happen with the characters.

I loved the occupations of the characters. I have never read a book where the main job is tech related. This made for the book to have a unique feel to it and made me become all the more invested in the storyline.

Jared and Mikki have an undeniable connection. They had sizzling hot chemistry that ignited the pages of the book and made me want t
Lisa
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5

A lovely play on words with the title giving a double meaning. Jared is top of his field in internet security but somehow his competitors keep stealing his business. Mikki is an up and coming newbie in the field and works for the competition, getting the job after hacking his systems. Now they find themselves at the same conference. She has been led to believe that Jared knows what she did but the truth is infinitely worse. Jared has no idea who she is but finds himself attracted to h
Mariel Hoss
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
*ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

GEEK HOTNESS!

In a heavily digital world, I think there are more and more Jareds and Mikki's out there than the out-dated business billionaire and harried everyday worker-woman. And that tech espionage is a very real and palpable thing. With that said, behind each geek is still a person who wants/needs human connections..and Jared and Mikki certainly had that in hot spades at the beginning...yes, it was a hook-up and yes it was really just
Shelly Celli
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances

This is a great read. I was drawn in immediately and didn't want to put it down. Well written, intertwining, and makes you think.

Everyone needs a second chance sometime. Mikki was "tested" during an interview and realized that she'd been lied to almost immediately, but was assured that the issues she found during that test would be made known to the company that she had been hacking. Unknown to her, her boss has been using that info to get ahead of the other company and never told
Birgit Seibold
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's well written, entertaining,
sometimes hot and steamy and well paced.
The storyline holds You caught up 'til the end, it's not only a
sweet romance but also contains some crimes.
The characters are well-developed and You just love them.

Mikki and Jared collected bad experiences in the matter of love.
Jared more than he could endure, so 'Breaching His Defenses' is
hard work.

This is my first read from Allyson but definitly not my last.
I recommend not only the boo
Denise
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Breaching His Defenses

What happens when at a conference you meet your Geek crush? Mikki know exactly who Jared Tippins is. People look up to him, he's the symbol of how you want to succeed in your career.

Ending up in the same place at the same time is an omen, right? After a night of singing, turns into a hotter night.

But (there is always a but) Mikki works for the competition.

Secrets, betrayals and heartache along the way. Does everything that happens in Vegas stay in Vegas?
  • To Love a Stranger
  • Caitlin's Choice
  • Ruined (Shadowed Love, Book One)
  • From Now On
  • West Wind (Return to Eaton: When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series, #3)
  • Finding You (Finding You, #1)
  • Royal Holiday Baby
  • The Second Son (Kings of Cardenas #2)
  • Her Venice Affair (The Albury Affairs, #1)
  • Before He Was A Secret (Starstruck #3)
  • Love Is in the Air
  • Her Healing Cowboy: Jace (Harland County, #5)
  • Brenin
  • Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor Box Set: When You Dare\Trace of Fever\Savor the Danger\A Perfect Storm\What Chris Wants
  • Arrested by Love (Long Valley, #2)
  • Where We Belong
  • Interference
  • Losing the Ice (Ice #2)
This Goodreads account is now maintained by Allyson's assistant. I'll make sure to pass on messages to her, but I won't be accepting friend requests, since I'm not Allyson. :)

Allyson Lindt has been telling stories since before she could put the words on paper. She was lucky enough to marry her muse and soul mate. Their cats are their children, and when they’re not spending way too much time gaming

Love Hack (3 books)
  • Sheltering His Desire (Love Hack #2)
  • Securing Her Surrender (Love Hack, #3)