Start by marking “Italian Grill” as Want to Read:
Italian Grill

Italian Grill

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  422 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From Mario Batali, superstar chef and author of Molto Italiano, comes the ultimate handbook on Italian grilling, which will become an instant must-have cookbook for home grillers.

Easy to use and filled with simple recipes, Mario Batali's new grilling handbook takes the mystery out of making tasty, simple, smoky Italian food. In addition to the eighty recipes and the sixty
Published April 22nd 2008 by Ecco

To ask other readers questions about Italian Grill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Italian Grill

really liked it 4.00  ·

Catherine Woodman
I spent a rain storm in Barnes and Noble today, and read through this book--it is not a grilling book in the traditional sense of the word. He uses modest variations in traditional recipes and techniques that are important to success. I think it is a cookbook that an experienced griller or cook should take out of the library, read cover to cover, try a few techniques and think about whether it is worth purchasing--Batali is a great natural cook, and you can learn alot about the feel of food and ...more
Kristine
Jun 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I want to make everything in this book!!

It helps that there are lots of pretty pictures.

The recipes I've made so far (grilled artichokes with mint and chiles, chicken thighs with agliata and snap peas, grilled whole branzino with salsa verde) have all been outstanding and easy. When I have company I really want to try the grilled cheeses and I want to try his BBQ sauce.

Lucyzoe
Feb 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Fire up the grill! There's nothing Mario won't put on it. Many of the recipes list ingredients that aren't easy to find, but he offer substitutes for most. Fresh robiola wrapped in mortadella...neither of which can be found in my town, but the recipe sounds and looks so good I'm planning a roadtrip to seek out the ingredients.
Cinnamon
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty varied book that should give you some very good ideas for other things to do with your grill other than cook hamburgers and hotdogs. The vegetable and fish recipes I tried were great and inspired other attempts to cook great things.
Kim
Jan 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book makes me hungry for summertime and grilling. Great combinations of flavors I wouldn't have thought to put together, and some super ideas for grilling that we'll put to the test before the ground thaws.
VaughanPL
Click here to find it in the catalogue.
Carla
May 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
There is a recipe to make your own ricotta.... I'm excited!
Robert
Nov 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Beautiful boom, fantasticly simple recipies that require some special ingredients...still a great cookbook with some favorites.
Lee
Jan 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Yummy recipes. Problem is how to get some of the ingredients.
Beautiful pictures
Appetizers very interesting.
Dave Riley
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
Best darn grill book I have ever read. This is genius stuff on the fire. Simple stuff done with a lot of imagination developed from a lot of experience grilling food.
Erin
Oct 14, 2008 rated it liked it
it's very pretty, and I like the little stories about each dish.
Jason Hissong
May 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Batali takes his forte to the grill. Great again.
Anonymous
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Strange that it was a grilling book but all I tabbed was a recipe for Pizza Dough and Piadine dough (Emilia-Romagna snack bread that looks like a thick tortilla).
Cara
Aug 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
After checking this book out from the library 3 times, my mother decided to step in and buy this for us. Beautiful photographs, simple amazing Batali recipes.
Steven
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Easily in my top 5 of culinary books!
Serge Pierro
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: food-and-wine
An interesting insight on Batali's grilling thoughts.
Angela
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love all the pictures and there were a lot of things in here I am going to grill. Great book, with lots of instruction on grilling.
Glenda
Sep 19, 2011
Syed Aleem
Aug 08, 2017
Abigail Sprague
rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2012
Anna Rubino
Dec 28, 2015

• Local Breads: Sourdough and Whole-Grain Recipes from Europe's Best Artisan Bakers
  • Lidia's Italy
  • Bobby Flay's Grill It!
  • The Minimalist Cooks at Home: Recipes That Give You More Flavor from Fewer Ingredients in Less Time
  • New York Cookbook: From Pelham Bay to Park Avenue, Firehouses to Four-Star Restaurants
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Weber's Big Book of Grilling
  • The Paris Cookbook
  • The Glorious Pasta of Italy
  • The Country Cooking of Ireland
  • Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An Indespensible Guide for Anybody Who Likes to Cook
  • The Slow Mediterranean Kitchen: Recipes for the Passionate Cook
Mario Batali is known to most people as both the star of the Food Network's Molto Mario and one of the Iron Chefs on Iron Chef America. Winner of numerous awards for his restaurants, Mario himself is the recipient of the 2005 James Beard All-Clad Outstanding Chef Award, the most prestigious cooking honor there is. Mario is also a huge NASCAR fan. Like many guys his age, Mario first discovered the ...more