Start by marking “Dance of Fire (Dance of Shadows, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dance of Fire (Dance of Shadows, #2)

Dance of Fire

(Dance of Shadows #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  269 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
All dancers dream of the chance to try out for the Royal Court Ballet Company. Only two dancers from the elite New York Ballet Academy will have this honour. Vanessa is one of them. She dances with grace and elegance, and a fury that is unmatched. Justin - strong, sexy and caring - will be her partner. But the thrill of travelling to London for this once-in-a-lifetime comp ...more
Published March 12th 2015 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published March 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dance of Fire, please sign up.
Gayatri Kasibhatta She was killed. I suppose they never really explained it but Zep says he handed her over to josef. So most probably she must be killed or something.…moreShe was killed. I suppose they never really explained it but Zep says he handed her over to josef. So most probably she must be killed or something. Only god knows what that guy did to her.(less)

Lucy
Feb 28, 2014 marked it as to-read
Is this book still happening...?

EDIT: Wait, now the release date says March 2015? Where did this news come from?

EDIT: I've just taken a gander at Amazon-- apparently it's listed to be released there on March 12th, but only in paperback. Hmm...

EDIT: Well, I'll be damned-- we've got a cover, people!
Moody
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
[CHRONIQUE] La fin de ce dyptique est aussi surprenante que je l'avais imaginé !

==> http://moody-takeabook.com/2015/08/25...
Alaina Meserole
well.. now i'm happy that I didn't become a ballerina..

Dance of Fire is the second installment of the Dance of Shadows series. It was a good book but the first one was a bit better. In this, you are still following Vanessa and her dancing. Yes, demons are still a thing with this ballet company. However, it just doesn't end there. Nope, apparently it's a thing with other companies as well. Of course, it has to deal with a certain someone.. but you'll find that out all on your own. Once ya read it
Lulai
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
It was exalty what I expect of this book an easy read
Andrea
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: trash
Ugh this book frustrated me to no end. I think I hate Vanessa after everything that happened. I hated the tug of war she played with Justin. She dragged him through so much pointless drama and he deserves better. The only thing I liked about the ending was who won the scholarship to the Royal Court ballet, they deserved it.

This book isn't very long, about 228 pages on my kindle, but it still dragged so badly. I constantly wanted to put it down. Everytime something interesting would happen, I'd
Paula  Phillips
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved the first book in this series , where we discovered that Vanessa had been used as a portal for a demon and that the dance she had been participating in "The Firebird" was in fact a demon summoning, it really drew the reader in and so I had high hopes for Book #2 but I felt let down as this book takes us to London, where we discover that Margaret - Vanessa's older sister went to as throughout the book are pages from Margaret's diary dated two years ago. We learn that she too discovered a ...more
Karline05 Un brin de lecture
Une petite déception avec ce second opus qui clôture ce diptyque. En effet, j'en attendais sûrement trop mais dans ce second opus on n'a plus le côté mystérieux du côté fantastique mais l'auteure ne nous en dévoile que trop peu sur la magie de cette danse étrange.... Vanessa poursuit sa quête avec volonté mais certains de ces comportements m'ont parfois agacé. J'ai regretté de ne pas retrouver l'ambiance exigeante et douloureuse du monde de la danse.
Un fi
Simi
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
M**de, j'avais vraiment beaucoup aimé le 1er, ce mélange de danse et d'intrigue mais là, j'ai l'impression qu'on a perdu pas mal de choses en route et que Vanessa pense plus à sa vie amoureuse qu'à autre chose...
Il y a quand même des moments sympathiques mais ça n'a pas été non plus des plus transcendants :/
Sakura
Sep 23, 2015 added it
Shelves: maybe
I feel like the covers should be switched. Also, her hair should be in a bun and not down t.t
MelM
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing

17/20

Après la terrible épreuve que les élèves de l'académie du New York Ballet ont subis, tous ou presque ont perdu la mémoire des évènements qui ont bien failli mener Vanessa à sa perte. Plus déterminée que jamais à combattre les nécrodanseurs et à retrouver sa soeur Margaret, elle se rend à Londres en compagnie de Justin pour participer au concours d'entrée du Royal Ballet. Elle doit à tout prix s'y faire sa place afin de démanteler le groupe de nécroda
Ann Niem
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I probably should've never read this book, because it was frustrating as hell.
The while necrodancer and demons stuff is just not for me. And the weird moves to dissapear. Nope.. just no. Justin was annoying and all new people were very stereotypical.
But I can see how someone could love these books, so give it a try if you want to lol.
Blue Rose
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mood: dancing is a legit plot device yo.

More books should have dancers as the hero. 💖 A warning that someone does die, but it is a just death. And not everything is as it seems. Things will not settle into place till the very last chapter (or two). The ending is well done, but left just open enough in case there is a sequel. Or fan fiction.
Sarah McMullan
Better than the Prequel

Better than the prequel - thankfully!
For a book about ballet, not a lit of dancing.
So obviously written with a hope of being being made into a TV or film series.
Good luck with that.

Mindless trashy fun.
Tessa Vanden broeck
Ik vond dit verhaal spannender dan het vorige. Omdat je al meer weet van de duistere dansers. Deze was ook leuk omdat je zo nu en dan een deeltje van het dagboek van Margaret kunt lezen. Het was een goede afsluiter van de duologie.
Cassidy
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book was a bit slow for my taste, but the prose is gorgeous and the ending was exquisite in how it tied everything up. Honestly a really great duology
Mar✨
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Vanessa, you egocentrical shit, stop it.
Alicia
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
Jess ツ
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought after ending the first book that the prologue was over and that the pace would be cranked up a bit ... Boy, was I naive ... Same schemes from the first book, long settings of the audition ,final twists in the last 50 pages, no real depth in any field of the story ( fantasy or ballet) and still too focused on that Zep/Justin Rivalry...I was quite bored reading this one
Ruth Latreia
2.5 actually
Alice
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the two of parallel storylines but sometimes a little TMI. Gotta keep the readers engaged so I guess that’s why the plot twist.
Becky
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure by the ending of the first book but I wanted to know what happened next, there were too many mysteries still to be solved not to continue so I ordered this book and waited for it to arrive.

First of all, I have to admit the cover is absolutely stunning, these books certainly do well on the aesthetic view. I had an evening in and no coursework imminent (a rare occassion) so I decided to get stuck into this book.

Vanessa and Justin have got a place in the Royal Court Ballet competiti
Nelufar
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think the book was interesting
But i pretty much hated the dairy journal entry from margaret's dairy
Overall it was a good story
Mycoton32
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
17/20
En bref, un second et dernier tome qui nous tient en haleine de la première à la dernière page. On s'attache un peu plus aux personnages, on espère qu'ils s'en sortiront et qu'ils arriveront à lutter contre leurs démons. Vanessa prend à cœur la recherche de sa sœur, elle reste persuadée que cette dernière est vivante mais elle va aller de surprise en surprise. L'intrigue est vraiment bien faite et le dénouement clôt parfaitement ce diptyque (même si j'avoue j'aurai aimé rester plus longtemp
Lire-une-passion
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"En résumé, un second et dernier tome qui m'a surprise, embarquée et que j'ai littéralement adoré et dévoré. Des personnages à la psychologie qui en prend un certain coup, une intrigue complexe mais à la fois simple quand on sait tout, un univers très bien mené et très original. Et je dois dire aussi que la plume fait vraiment le tout. Très incisive et poétique à la fois, elle nous embarque dès les premières lignes. Un diptyque que je vous conseille donc fortement, pour tous ceux qui aiment la d ...more
Gayatri Kasibhatta
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was good, just good. I was quite disappointed about the things in it like how they finally find Margaret and stuff like that.
At start when I find chapters of Margaret's diary it gave me chills.
Justin and Vanessa rocked and even Zep's unexpected entry was cool. Everything was fine but I still feel this could have been way more better. Nothing much to say but this book was good.
Sofia
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I had this book a while but wasn't really feeling it to start reading, until I decided to search the web a bit and I stumbled upon this animated book review. For some reason I got hooked and wanted to know more, just read the book in 2 days haha. Check the video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAcH...
Chloe
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
having read the first book a long time ago, i forgot how amazing this series is, and how thrilling. it keeps your heart racing till the last page. i had multiple theories running through my mind while reading this and im glad most of them were wrong. im glad zeppelin was back bc even though he wasn't always good, he was one of my favourites. the ending made me both smile and cry all at once.
Desirae
Feb 02, 2015 marked it as to-read
DAT COVEAAAAAAA!!!!!

description

description
Jasmine
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! This was amazing! Way better than I expected. Something I really liked is that I was able to understand what was happening without reading. the first. I loved the diary entries by Margaret and I loved the mystery. I'm glad I picked this up and was a enjoyable read.
Sabrina "Look At My Books"
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Man that end was just so amazing and heart warming :)

This emotions at the end of book one and it would have been five stars.

Nevertheless as great duology.

I fairly enjoyed myself while reading it.
  • Untitled (Gilded Wings, #3)
  • Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, #3)
  • Tether (Many-Worlds, #2)
  • The Fiercest Joy (The Sweetest Dark #3)
  • Resurrection (Ripper, #3)
  • Mind Games (Lock & Mori, #2)
  • Encore (Amplified #2)
  • Frail Human Heart (The Name of the Blade, #3)
  • Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)
  • Where Silence Gathers (The Other Plane, #2)
  • Untitled (Gone With the Respiration, #3)
  • Untitled (XVI, #3)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • Darkest Day (The 19th Year, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Untitled (Winter Saga, #3)
  • The Missing (The Lost, #2)
  • Body Electric (Mystic City, #3)
Yelena Black is a recent MFA graduate of Columbia University. She currently resides in New York City and is a full-time writer. She has a keen interest in dance and all things devilish.

Dance of Shadows (2 books)
  • Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1)