Start by marking “Sing Like Nobody's Listening (Summer Lake, #6)” as Want to Read:
Sing Like Nobody's Listening (Summer Lake, #6)

Sing Like Nobody's Listening

(Summer Lake #6)

Kenzie Reid is a survivor. She's been out on her own since she was seventeen years old. She may not have much to show for it, but she's made her own way in the world. Other than her sister, Megan, no one has ever cared whether she lived or died—not even her own parents.

When Kenzie visits Summer Lake to make sure Megan is okay there, the quaint little town threatens to cas
ebook
Published February 2015 by XSHi Publications

To ask other readers questions about Sing Like Nobody's Listening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sing Like Nobody's Listening

Dana
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

Let me just start off by saying that I just love this series! Summer Lake and its residents have a special place in my heart and it always feels so good going back there :). Sing Like Nobody's Listening was no exception! Kenzie is a great character with many layers that throughout the book we got a chance to get to know. And Chase... What can I say about Chase :)? This guy (like all the men of Summer Lake) is a dream! I mean he's a sexy and sweet lead singer in a band who plays guitar, what more
Jamie Rhodes
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love, love, love this series. S.J. McCoy writing and descriptions makes me want to move to Summer Lake and find a hot romance as all of these characters have found. We have seen Chase, the lead singer of the local band, in books before this one. He is a bit of a ladies man. He meets Kenzie, whom we met in Megan and Michaels' story, and is wowed!!! Kenzie and Chase have an incredible night of loving (hot loving). Here's the problem, Kenzie has to go back to Nashville (or so she thinks). Sh ...more
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY WOW!!! Another amazing read from SJ McCoy. She has taken her previous books and knocked them out of the park with this instalment. Her steamy scenes were not steamy, they were damn right scorching. You can feel the heat of Kenzie and Chase jumping out from the pages at you. She has certainly out done herself with this book.
Kenzie (Megan’s sister), her story overlaps from where Megan’s story left off (Laugh Like You’ve Never Cried). You get to find out exactly what happened between this cou
karn
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
one nighter...pull...trust...Not good enough into good enough? true trust...honesty...love...possible forever? too good to be true and lasting? this series truly touches your heart in at least one of the books but for some of us this series touches us in every book in some way. she makes you touch your feelings as she has the couple in the book touch theirs. you are with them every step of the wayy. Sometimes yelling YES! others no!! we truly must sing like nobody's listening and live our lives ...more
Kristi Cramer
There must be something in the water at Summer Lake. When love strikes, it strikes hard and fast, like a Ninja Cupid. As a reader, I kind of want to say "yeah, right", but SJ McCoy always manages to make me believe that these stories are genuine. After all, my hubby and I knew by our first date, (and only the 3rd time we'd met) that we were going to have a relationship. And he proposed at 7 months. It's not impossible. I like to read about other lightning romances, especially when they are so we ...more
Peggy
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-2015
Okay what can I say we've another great story of the summer lake series. I was glad when I received this book from SJ just when I had a day of work because I couldn't stop reading it. The downfall I read it in one day, so maybe I need to start back from the beginning until a new one arrives.
Maybe the next story can be about Ben? So SJ what do you think because everybody wants to know his story.

This story is about Kenzie the sister of Megan, who gets involved with the hot singer Chase who sings a
Pamela Morgan
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Chase is the lead singer of the band that girls throw themself at him. Kenzie is the hard as nails girl who has low self-esteem and always believes in the worst. Put these two together and you would think it won't work but it does.
Chase falls and falls hard for McKenzie even though she doesn't believe it. Chase proves how great they are the overcome all there hang ups. Kenzie falls for Chase but is scared to admit it as she doesn't believe in happily ever after. Chase helps her
Rose
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love at Summer Lake

The Summer Lake series has way of pulling you in and won't let go until you're done with one story and can't wait for the next! What was thought as a one night stand turns out to be one of a kind. This story kept me glued from the one night to one of a kind. I like the way everyone from book 1 to this book are all interconnected with each other...I especially love Ethan! Can't wait for the next book!
Mary Schuck
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from the Summer Lake series. Kenzie and Chase are easy to fall in love with characters. This book was hard to put down. I love how all of the other characters continue to show up in all of the new books. I love how Kenzie and Chase's story overlaps Megan and Michael's story. I already can't wait for the next book.
Scott
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book could not put it down. Comes from a great series . Can't read one without reading them all loved it
Traci
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SJ I loved it you never disappoint me. Keep them coming and love all these couples!
Cecly Ann
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I laughed so loud at Ethan, who stole my heart in this novel. My heart ached for Kenzie. Her character has been so impacted by her life experiences and she reminds me of the many wounded people I meet everyday in the real world. People who constantly feel judged by their past choices and paralysed because of the outcomes. But I'm so glad she hooked up with Chase. Sometimes the what seems like the worst choice of cyour life, turns out to be the best decision that you make. Blossom where you are p ...more
Marie
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Chase, lead singer of the band at the Boathouse, is feeling it might be time to settle even before Kenzie comes to town to check on her sister, Meggie. He took one look and decided he wanted to get to know her. They spend one eventful night together and she takes the bus back to Nashville. Her X wants her to comeback after he kicks her out and she says no. A few days go by and he comes back to where she is living and tries to get what he wants, he leaves without getting it but left her unconscio
Kim Richards
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, I have to say I could of smacked both the male and the female main characters Kenzie and Chase, but then I suppose when I think about it they just are like a lot of couples who are starting out.
There are twist and turns and surprises in the story, some you will see coming and some you won't some you might even say, why the heck did you do that.
But once again another great story. I look forward to reading the rest of the series, it just won't be yet.
Amanda Chomiak
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Margaret
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is always great to spend time in Summer Lake, there are so many wonderful characters and they all deserve a happy ending. This is Chase's story and he finds his perfect match in Kenzie, Megan's sister. This story is full of emotion, it has tender moments, sad moments, scorching hot moments and a happy ending. Like all the books in this series reading it is like visiting with friends.
ben beard
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

A nice love story.
I kept seeing though trouble from 2 former, and my favorite characters -Holly and Pete.
Love the smart, lovable little boy who tells it like it is.
Teri B.
Pat Christie
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

Next in the series, she's a screwup and he's a lover but there's something there. They have lots to work out but they are willing to try
Laura Barfield
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Another great Summer Lake story. Loved Chase and the fact that he cared so much for Kenzie.
Cherie Reeves
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unlikely pairing. Two musicians come together. One abused and poor, the other well established and a player.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“Buying me a drink is the least you can do. I’m looking forward to finding out about the best you can do.”

“Earlier I told you we were good together. That was the lie, we aren’t good at all, we’re great.”

“Sometimes, when things go wrong, we all need some help. It’s not weakness, Kenzie. Sometimes it takes more strength to swallow our pride and accept help than it does to keep struggling on alone.”

“‘You always have a choice, lover.’ He lowered his mouth to hers and whispered, ‘Choo
Toni
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this ARC in exchange for an honest review. I have loved every book in this series and this book is no exception. All the books follow a close group of friends living in Summer lake. This book follows Kenzie she's come to Summer lake to make sure her little sister Megan is ok. Kenzie has had a tough life, her childhood was rough and she ran away to escape it, men came and went and treated her unkind, but she's a fighter and she has always been there for her sister Megan. While visiti ...more
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal!!!!

As this series continues to mature, I catch myself saying I don't want this to end! Summer Lake has grown close to my heart!!!!

SJ has gone into some deep parts of her soul to write these amazing books! The characters are complex, full of emotion, liveliness, and inspiration!!!!

Each book has a new couple, and also continues to show (because SJ's writing draws a clear picture) the previous couples!!!!! I love the depth of these books, and they keep getting deeper!

This
Brandi Sartin lawrence
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read! Loved Chase and Kenzie's story. I can't wait to see what happens with them in the next stories
Susan
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Looks like SJ McCoy has outdone herself yet again.. She has taken her previous books and knocked them out of the park with this installment. Her steamy scenes were not steamy, they were damn right scorching. You can feel the heat between Kenzie and Chase jumping out from the pages at you. We met Kenzie in book 5 as Meggie's sister and Chase has been popping up in all the books as the lead singer of the local band. Now it's time they got their own story.. Both of these people are going blind in a ...more
Lizz
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yep, another winner in a great series. While Kenzie is a runner, THANK YOU S.J. McCoy for not having her running every 15 pages! The last few books I've read the characters just packed and ran without ever TALKING. This author's characters TALK to each other. Sometimes they need a little nudge in that direction, but that's okay.

Oh and Ben..... I want Ben to get his own book SO BADLY! I think though that Gabe is up next in the series. I can't wait.
Mags
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great read in this series, these books are so easy going and nice to read, as there is no major angst and that makes a really nice change. This series reminds me in many ways of Marie Force's Gansett Island and Green Mountain series, and I would recommend to anyone who is a fan of those as you won't be disappointed.
Yolanda
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to the summer lake series

Top ratings for this book. This is by far my favorite series. The story was paced very well and did not drag or make me want to skip chapters. I was there for every word written. Five stars for a well written book! I loved every sentence until the very end.
Nelly
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chase and Kenzie are both drifters, artists and used to floating around with no commitments. When Kenzie falls on hard times she has a "perfect" life that's to good to be true. It's hard to except and really believe but she and Chase are one of a kind.
Joy Greenwood
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As I said brilliant series
Goodreads Librari...: Need temporary cover updated with actual cover 3 14 Feb 16, 2015 02:41PM

• Artificial Love (The Good Bye Trilogy, #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (River Bend, #1.5)
  • Falling for the Wingman (Kelly Brothers, #3)
  • Tiger In Her Bed (Tiger in her Bed #1)
  • Tough Luck
  • To Make a King (The Magic of Verridian Book 1)
  • At First Blush (The Immortelle #2)
  • My Name Is A'yen (A'yen's Legacy #1)
  • Rapunzel and the Griffin Prince (Once Upon a Spell, #6)
  • Time Walkers 2 Book Bundle: The Legend of the Bloodstone, Return of the Pale Feather
  • Spitfire (Puffin Cove, #1)
  • Wine & Whiskey (Surviving Absolution, #1)
  • Room 1208
  • Heavy Weather (A Carolina Coast Novel)
  • Risking Ruin (Pig & Barley #1)
  • Taken by Fire (ACRO, #6)
Hi, I'm SJ. A coffee addict, lover of chocolate and drinker of good red wines. I'm a lost soul and a hopeless romantic. Reading and writing are necessary parts of who I am. Though perhaps not as necessary as coffee! I can drink coffee without writing, but I can't write without coffee.

I grew up loving romance novels, my first boyfriends were book boyfriends, but life intervened, as it tends to do,

Summer Lake (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Love like You've Never Been Hurt (Summer Lake, #1)
  • Work like You Don't Need the Money (Summer Lake, #2)
  • Dance like Nobody's Watching (Summer Lake, #3)
  • Fly like You've Never Been Grounded (Summer Lake, #4)
  • Laugh Like You've Never Cried (Summer Lake, #5)
  • Smile Like You Mean It (Summer Lake, #7)
  • The Wedding Dance (Summer Lake, #8)
  • Chasing Tomorrow (Summer Lake, #9)
  • Dream Like Nothing's Impossible (Summer Lake, #10)
  • Ride Like You've Never Fallen (Summer Lake #11)