Start by marking “Enchanter's Echo (Mayflower Mages, #2)” as Want to Read:
Enchanter's Echo (Mayflower Mages, #2)

Enchanter's Echo

(Mayflower Mages #2)

Aurora Firenze lives a quiet life hiding in a junkyard. Her repair shop is the last hope for gadgets and gizmos before they get tossed onto the trash towers. Fortunately, Aurora can fix almost anything, including mages, though repairing people with metal enchantments is highly illegal.

Published February 17th 2015 by Lyrical Press

Sherry Fundin
Cool that Aurora lives in a junkyard. I love it. Inventing gadgets and widgets that improve the humans lives around her, risking everything, including her life. It’s a good thing she has lots of friends and some of them in high places.

“Enchantress with a repair shop”

She violates the Law of Natural Physique.

She had helped Lily. This young girl captured my heart.

She is the Enchantress and he is the Destroyer. She is forced to work with him to save their kingdom. To her life is sunshine and lollipo
Erin Fanning
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With a style as enchanting as her enchantress heroine, Aurora, author Anise Rae has created a setting that feels familiar yet is unlike any literary landscape I've traveled before. The corner diner at first seems ordinary, but the waitress casts a spell to keep the coffee hot, and an appliance repair shop is really a front for a workshop where magical metal limbs, including a heart, are created.

The world of Enchanters Echo—Mayflower Mages Book 2—is also home to an enchantress who leaks clouds o
Marsha Spohn
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received an e-ARC of Enchanter’s Echo from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. That does not change what I think of this novel.*

Enchanter’s Echo is the second book in the Mayflower Mages series. The first was Syphon’s Song.

Read on for my thoughts on Enchenter’s Echo. No true spoilers, promise.

I absolutely loved the world building in this novel. I enjoy reading alternative universe based novels mainly to see how the author changes, merges and creates an entire new exi
Brain
I loved the hero of this book. It's been a very long time since I've come across such a wonderful leading man. As much as I liked Aurora, Edmund totally stole my heart.

It took me a few chapters to get into the book - perhaps because I haven't read the first in the series. But I did like the world built here. Great alternate reality version of USA as mage run Republic. I'd like to read more.

But if it hadn't been for the wonderful love story between Edmund and Aurora, it would have been a 3 and h
Erin Burns
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

I picked this up because I’ve been in more of a fantasy/sci-fi sort of mood, rather than a paranormal one. The concept was interesting, so I picked up the first book in the series to review as well. And I really, really liked Syphon’s Song. So this may be the very first time in my long life as a reader that going back and reading the first book(s) in a series made things harder rather than better.
Mel
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, e-books
Enchanter’s Echo is the second book of the Mayflower Mages series by Anise Rae. I liked this book even better than the first one. It is more action-packed and does not focus as much on the romance as the first book did. Enchanter’s Echo is a great continuation of the series.

Each book of the Mayflower Mages series can be read as a standalone. Though I do recommend reading them in order, since they center on one family and follow a timeline. So in the second book the happenings from the first boo
Megan
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
"The keep-out spell awoke at her approach. The enchanted mesh of vines and branches that blocked the entrance to Rallis Territory's forbidden forest vibrated in welcome as its creator returned..."

(Enchanter's Echo, opening page)

Full review at MoonBird Book Channel.

Welcome to Book Two in the Mayflower Mages series.

Picking up shortly after the events in book one left off. Our heroine is an enchanter mage (one of several new breeds of mages that author Anise Rae introduces us to) living on her ow
Gaele
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
world that is mage driven with plenty of mystery, danger and consequence to be found in making the wrong choice. Rae gives us plenty of convoluted connections and divided loyalties as the power shifts from one clan / family to the next, not to mention those characters attempting to survive outside the more ‘official’ groups in the society. With light and dark magic, inherited territories and a strictly defined series of laws to define and control the country.

Aurora is a wonderful character: she
Rebecca
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book I felt was very fairy tale like, it had a mix of different aspects from numerous fairy stories that make it very easy to relate to as it is the kind of love story I grew up on, well except from the hot as hell books. It was very well written and an enchanting read that I could not put down.

The main character is Aurora, a very powerful although fairly unthreatening character even though she has immense power. She lives in an isolated tower of trash in a smaller district of the country l
Lorie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a stand alone book but also part of series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I enjoyed revisiting characters from a previous book and learning more about them and their world. The world building is very well done. The magic system is consistent and different from others that I've read so far. It was fun learning about the main character Aurora and how her magic balances Edwards. Learning what drove Aurora to criminal yet not criminal behavior and how that works out held my attention for t ...more
Cecilia Dominic
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As other reviewers have said, I stayed up too late to finish this one. As if the characters weren't fascinating in their own right, Anise Rae has built an intricate and interesting world for them to inhabit. In this book we get more of the political and even some of the spiritual context that shapes them and their actions, but it's all presented organically and never feels like info dumping. I loved Aurora and her idealism and how it's contrasted with Edmund's politically jaded but determined de ...more
Jessica
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Aurora is an enchantress who wishes to avoid the glittery world of the Light. Living in the Junkyard, she is makes a living fixing that which is broken, even if that means risking her life. Edmund Rallis, heir to one of the most powerful territories in the Republic has been looking for his enchantress after she ran away from their forest tryst. Once he found her, he will risk all odds to keep her in his arms.
I really enjoyed this book. Almost reminded me of Cinder with a more passionate love aff
DemetraP
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked book 1, Syphon's Song, better. The heroine here was just too...perfect. She's gorgeous, she has a very rare mage power, everybody loves her, blah blah blah.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: An enchantress and the Senator’s son…Will they be able to save their love?

Opening Sentence: The keep-out spell awoke at her approach.

Excerpt: No

The Review:

Aurora is an enchantress, she spends most of her time at her quiet repair shop ever since her contract with the Noble’s ran out. She has been hiding from everyone including Edmund. Mostly because she has made some illegal enchantments and if she is found it she will be killed. So when Edmu
Rye
Apr 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars. I really liked this world set up. The mages versus the non mages. The clans of magic. Problem was, in book 2, the author suddenly started to make all these changes, additions to the world that weren't mentioned in book one but should have been(book one heroine basically lives in a non mage territory, now, I'm sorry, but if I'm a dangerous or outlawed mage, wouldn't I head there for the sake of my life, my children?). All of a sudden we are hit with all these laws/rules that run the ma ...more
Book Gannet
4.5 stars! If you like a cleverly constructed alternative history world with plenty of magic, an exploration of political power and an exploration of societal prejudice, all tied together with a lovely romance, then this book might well be for you.

Even though I haven’t read the first book in this series, I still really enjoyed this. The author does such a great job in recapping necessary things that I don’t feel like I missed out on anything important. The mystery and action starts right from t
Angel Hatfield
Jan 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
**I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review**

Aurora is an enchantress that lives hiding in a junk yard. She has her own repair shop. She can repair almost anything, including people with metal and enchantments but it's highly illegal. Edmund Rallis is heir to the most powerful territory in the republic. She met Edmund about a year ago and had a weekend with him. Edmund accused Aurora of making a metal eye. When he had it in his hand, he tossed it and she destroyed it. Ther
Tammy Wooding
Aug 06, 2016 marked it as books-i-have

Edmund Rallis, heir to the Rallis senate seat, has spent months hunting down his errant enchantress. He'll play every game he knows to win her back and entice her to share the secrets she hides. But he's inadver

Stacy McKitrick
Started a little slow, and read like a historical at times (formal dialogue), but once the action started, I had a hard time putting it down. I still can’t tell WHEN this story is. Now, in an alternate universe? Future, in how things will end up being? There are vehicles and such, so I assume NOT in the past. Whatever, I enjoyed reading this story.
Kristin Bowker
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book and I hope there is more to the story coming
Oscarb1007
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute. Fairy tale meets other world with class system.
Athena Reader
Aug 21, 2018
Jamie
Jun 16, 2017

• A Tale of Two Djinns
  • 9th Life (The Naming of Legends, #1)
  • The Red Lily (Vampire Blood, #2)
  • Changeling (Appalachian Magic, #2)
  • See Me (Simply Supernatural, #1)
  • Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx, #4)
  • Enslave (Vampire Erotic Theatre  #4)
  • Bound to Seduction (Firebrand, #1)
  • To Caress a Demon's Soul (Love and Magic, #1.5)
  • Amazing Grace
  • Halton Cray (Shadows of the World, #1)
  • Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1)
  • Resounding Truth (Resounding, #2.5)
  • Christmas in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #0.2)
  • Cinderella and the Ghost (The Cursed Princes, #4)
  • Unwrapped
  • Enchantment of a Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • Untouchable Lover (Warriors of Lemuria, #1)
Anise Rae spends her days dreaming up alternative realities where people just like her (and you) have magic, worlds populated with heroines who dare to stand up to society’s expectations and be true to themselves and heroes with plenty of savvy to fall in love with such brave women.

Though she lacks real supernatural powers, she believes the true magic within us is our own creativity – a gift we m

Mayflower Mages (2 books)
  • Syphon's Song (Mayflower Mages, #1)