Start by marking “Protective Hearts” as Want to Read:
Protective Hearts

Read Book

Protective Hearts

After being kidnapped by the Chicago Heart Ripper, Finn O'Flaherty is his only surviving victim. Rescued by her brother, Finn struggles to come to terms with what happened and battles the amnesia that prevents her from identifying the serial killer.

Caleb Sheppard is determined to protect Finn, and suspects there is more to the prolific serial killer than meets the eye. One
Published January 24th 2015 by Creativia (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Protective Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protective Hearts

Ultimecia
Jan 17, 2018 added it
Shelves: kindle
I bought this book from an Amazon based on the first two lines of the description. Anticipating an average serial killer thriller I have to say the actual genre came with an element of surprise. Having already spent my $1.24 I decided to finish the book.

One could say there was enjoyment in getting to flex my eyes a bit with all the rolling. I'm not giving this any stars because of the fact that I didn't really check what I was about to read, but being a fan of such classics as the Mermaid's kis
Nancy Preston
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scary Good

This is a good read literally. I guessed early on who it might be but that didn't t stop my devouring this book. The interesting angle of the relationships among Rafe, Caleb, and Finn gave me a new perspective on how and whom we choose to love. I wasn't fond of the patronizing attitude of the men or Finn s rather submissive demeanor. On the other hand I liked the caring family vibes of the enclave. I would have liked to know more about Bryan and how he rescued his sister. Gracie was po
Petula
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an A.R.C. of this but that doesn't colour my review in any way.
★★★★★
Oh wow, this book is so different from anything I have read before.
Our heroine Finn has been rescued from the clutches of a vicious serial killer, at the expense of her brother's life. The heart ripper has killed many prostitutes, but Finn is not his usual target. Add to that he kept her far longer than his other victims. Finn has P.T.S.D. and can't remember anything about what the man looked like
Demelza Carlton
I received a free copy from the author for an honest review, but if I hadn't...hell, I'd have bought it anyway. The description alone intrigued me no end.

I'd heard all sorts of rumours - from ménage to paranormal to detailed psychological research - and when there's a serial killer on the loose, I was almost afraid of what that might mean.

I'll give you no spoilers, so you'll have to read it yourself to find out how steamy the intimate scenes get and with whom, not to mention the chilling view
Donna Cleary
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Different!

Although as someone else commented they rolled their eyes a lot at some of the "impossible and oh too good to be true love scenes" I still felt the book was fun reading, albeit some dreadful parts, too. Never knew what was coming next and I liked Ms. Williams imaginative descriptions of events as they unfolded. For those who like love stories, mysteries and unreality all rolled into one, I'd recommend it.
Michelle
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know, 5 stars! Surely there was something wrong? Nope, it was pretty perfect. I love to read. I love to fall into a book and feel that sadness, when it's all over. D.S Williams is an artist of the written word, and I enjoyed every single bit.
Finn is an extremely strong young lady and I felt very invested in her character. The secrets, the romance and suspense this book has is mind-blowing.
Thank you D.S Williams!
Barb VanderWel
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Aurora Carranza
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cuando comencé a leer este libro no sabía qué esperar, ya que nunca antes había escuchado de él.
Para mi sorpresa este libro es muy bueno y aún y cuando trata temas sensibles o controversiales para muchas personas sí explica los motivos detrás de esos temas, trata al autor como parte de la historia y te absorbe en la trama, los personajes y las emociones.

Este es un libro para mayores de 18 años, en mi opinión. No tiene escenas de sexo explícitas, pero sí vemos tensión sexual, "juegos previos", m
Pamela Kelley
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vampires and Wear Wolfs ménage à trois?

Romantic mystery novels about wear wolf twin brothers who fall in love with a human girl who has been followed for centuries by a vampire.
First novel I've read dealing with any of the above. The author is very good. Almost made me wonder if there may be some wolf packs living near me, lol.
As a Wiccan there are tales of all animals however if they showed up as Caleb and Rafe on my doorsteps I might consider joining their pack. Interesting book. Would like t
Gaby Pablos
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realmente disfruté este libro. Si eres una persona que disfruta del suspenso y ciencia ficción, realmente te gustará leerlo. El libro te va envolviendo en una historia que drásticamente da un giro que no esperabas, tocando temas sensibles aún para nuestra época.
Es el primer libro que leo del autor, es fácil de leer, esta historia en específico no tiene momentos lentos y/o aburridos.
Janet Niendorf
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fascinating

To learn more about the werewolf culture is fascinating. Seriously, it kept me interested throughout the entire story, not knowing what to expect next. Great Read. Keep the stories coming.
teresa
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excitement of the mystery of kind

Abduction,murder best friends keep you turning pages to the end. I have this a four because the romance was a little drawn out and repetitive i felt. A good book that I stayed up late to read. Keeps your attention.
Aurora Carranza
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I began to read this book I didn't know what to expect, as I had never heard of it before.
To my surprise this book is actually pretty good and even though it touches some sensitive subjecs for a lot of people it does explain the reasons behind those subjects, it threats the author as a part of that story and it does absorb you into the plot, the characters and the emotions.

This is a book for 18+ in my opinion. It doesn't have explicit sex scenes, but we do see sexual tension, a bit of forep
Sandra Quick
Michelle
rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
D.S. Williams is the author of a number of books, including the supernatural romance series, The Nememiah Chronicles and paranormal romance suspense, 'Protective Hearts'.
When D.S. is not writing as D.S. Williams, she also dabbles in erotic romance under the pseudonym Leah Dempster.
A prolific reader and writer, D.S. has been writing since the time she was five years old, and spends most of her days
“Man Can't Live by Beer Alone – That's Why There's Steaks'. There” 1 likes