Start by marking “Perception (Secrets, #3)” as Want to Read:
Perception (Secrets, #3)

Perception

(Secrets #3)

Laid off from her job and evicted from her condo, life couldn’t get much worse for Melinda Atkins. When Dylan Maguire invites her to stay with him, the strings attached are more than Mel is ready to take on. After all, she’s ten years older than him, and more years than that separate her and the models he photographs. It’s inevitable that he will lose interest.

Dylan has tr
Published August 7th 2014 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perception

Ruthie Taylor
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I received this book for free to read and review for Wicked Reads"

This is the third in a series of five stories, with an overall theme that is tied up in book 5 - I know because I have just devoured them all! They are fun, sexy and ultimately very satisfying. Drea, a mysterious benefactor, is determined to help love's true course. Michael, her 'man Friday' helps her achieve this by setting up elaborate scenarios to right wrongs and bring people together. Each story reveals a little more about D
Miriam
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The past can be such a bitch. It can keep you back even when your heart begs you to take a chance because this is what it wants. That was Melinda. She's seen the devastation left behind when someone was left for a younger person, and those memories bolstered her resolve never to let her relationship with Dylan come to that point. The heartache of him leaving for someone younger would kill her.

Dylan however wasn't going anywhere. His heart was set on Melinda and only Melinda. The models he worked
Deanna from Deanna's World
Melinda has issues with her age difference between her and her boyfriend, Dylan. Again Dylan is the soul of patience and love, while Melinda and her rather superficial hang ups were annoying and self absorbed.

This story revolves around Melinda's life being turned upside down and she's no longer in control and self sufficient. A situation is manufactured for her to find that she needs to depend on Dylan but frankly, for most of the story, it just seems like she's using him and taking advantage of
Bambi Unbridled
This book wasn't for me. The writing was fine, but I just didn't connect with Melinda. I am close to her age, and I am not really into the whole younger guy thing (yet). That being said, her repeated rejection of him annoyed me to the point of wanting to shake her. But the relationship between Drea and Michael is still intriguing me, I can't wait to get to book 5.

I was provided a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Brenda Demko
Gabbi
Mar 29, 2015
Tricia
Jul 23, 2015
After years of searching, Lace settled down with a man whose first words to her were "Save me a dance."

That's all it took. Four little words and she was a goner. Twenty years later, she still remembers that first kiss, standing beside his yellow Ford Mustang cool car. (Yes, it was yellow. "Hey," Lace says. "It was cool at the time.")

And it still is in her mind and in her heart. That kiss and the

Secrets (5 books)
  • Masquerade (Secrets, #1)
  • Ivory Tower (Secrets, #2)
  • Pandora's Shame (Secrets, #4)
  • Metamorphosis (Secrets, #5)