Start by marking “Shooting for the Stars (Gravity #3)” as Want to Read:
Shooting for the Stars (Gravity #3)

Shooting for the Stars

(Gravity #3)

For one night she had everything.

Pro snowboarder Stella Lazarus has always loved her brother's best friend. But the one time she tried to show him, she was shot down faster than you can say "competitor disqualified."

Until one blissful night in Tahoe, when Stella finally gets her man.

Or does she? In the morning, Stella and Bear wake up to horrible news. The sort that sends
ebook
Published March 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Shooting for the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shooting for the Stars

Start your review of Shooting for the Stars (Gravity #3)
Meags
4 Stars

I love a good falling-for-your-brother’s-best-friend romance, and this one hit all my buttons.

Stella Lazarus has been in love with Bryan “Bear” Barry practically her entire life. As her brother’s best friend, Bear has been an honorary member of the Lazarus family since they were little kids. As they grew older, Stella tried her best to catch Bear’s eye in more than a familial/friendly kind of way, but the man remained stubborn to a fault, always turning down her advances, much to Stella’
TeriLyn
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

**Shooting for the Stars generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "There was only Stella." Stars

After reading and loving book two in this series featuring Callie and Hank I couldn't wait to get my hands on the story between Stella Lazarus and Bear. Sarina Bowen never fails to write a fast-paced story with independent characters who struggle with themselves before they can fully realize what they have in each other.

Stella and Bear have known each other since they we
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Audible Review: I can't tell you how happy I am that this author choose a male and female narrator. Both Noel Harrison and Emma Wilder did a great job with the narration. Really good voice acting from both of them and I would listen to more of their work.

Story Review: This book was about Stella overcoming leukemia as a child, battling the man's world of profession snowboarding to make a name for herself and her life long love for Bear. Then we have her brother Hank who is a celebrated profession
Bella
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, angst, hea
3.5 Stars

I love Sarina Bowen's writing.

In this book, Stella (Hank's sister) and Bear (Hank's best friend) are skirting around each other.

Bear thinks Stella is untouchable - best friend's little sister and all that. Plus, he feels he doesn't deserve her.

I loved Stella. She has been through a lot and Bear has been a rock for her.

Sarina Bowen's writing is so easy for me to read. This wasn't my favorite of hers - mainly because I wanted to reach into the book and slap the characters silly and sa
Samantha (WLABB)
I am a Bowen fan and a fan of this series, and now, I finally get Bear and Stella's story.

Stella had loved Bear since she was a little girl, and man! When you heard her backstory and how Bear stood by her side, you could understand why she loved him. You also hear about when she tried to show him she loved him, and how he rebuffed her efforts. When they finally make that magic connection, their worlds are turned upside down with the news of Hank's accident.

This was a love story that was sooooo
Ari
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 Stars!*

This ending was super cute and I enjoyed the narration for this one.
Jean
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, the most unexpected thing about this book was the timeline.  We are taken back to before Hank's accident where he is getting ready to compete and life is so good for him.   And Stella and Bear seem to finally be admitting their longtime feelings for each other.  When BAM!!!!  The accident!!  And damn, just knowing that was coming in the beginning had me so anxious (even though I knew the outcome for Hank).  Knowing his little sister, Stella, and best friend, Bear, were about to have their ...more
Alyssa Thomas
I was really disappointed with this book. It was SO BORING. Honestly, I have no idea how I could have just read such a boring book. I marathoned Sarina Bowen's Ivy Years series and really enjoyed it and was thrilled to see that she also had an adult romance series. Too bad it was a major disappointment overall! Each book was pretty boring tbh.

I feel like this book had bare minimum character development, bare minimum chemistry, bare minimum *sexy time scenes*, bare minimum everything you would w
Heroesinbooks
4 Bear and Stella Stars

Third and final instalment in the Gravity series, but can be read as a standalone. Finally, we get to see Bear and Stella together. Bear is Hank's best friend and Stella is Hank's little sister. If you, like me, enjoy a friends to lovers theme along with the big brother's best friend trope, then this should be perfect for you.

Bear and Stella have been in love with each other forever but neither thinks the other feels that way. Bear doesn't think he deserves the feisty, sp
ItaPixie
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

*ARC kindly received from author in exchange for an honest review*

Sarina Bowen could make me fall in love with every kind of sport she decides to write about.I've loved Shooting for the stars and I'm so fascinated by the snowboarding world right now that I keep watching freeriding video maybe one of them was shot by Bear :D
The most amazing thing of this story is that the snowboarder is a girl and one of the best one.I like Stella so much.I felt her freedom and joy descending those slopes,he

Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok, this one was REALLY cute.

I'm a sucker for friends to lovers, especially friends that have been secretly in love with each other for FOREVER.

I adored Bear. I loved the lengths that he took for friendship, not out of guilt or duty, but out of pure kindness of his heart.

But then there's Stella!! So headstrong, completely fearless(except for when it came to her brother's best friend). I loved the action in this with Stella! I wanted more, so much more, but I loved her adventure side.

I'm going
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I've throughly enjoyed all of Sarina's previous books particularly the Gravity series. I've been excited to read Shooting for the Stars which is about Stella Lazarus and Bryan "Bear" Barry ever since I first read about them in Hank's book Falling from the Sky last year. Stella is Hank's sister and Bear is his best friend.

Stella is confident and fearless while flying through the air performing jumps in her snowboardin
Pam Nelson
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this book more than the first. I really wish the second one had a different female narrator because now I want to know Hank’s story.

Being as this is a story of Hank’s sister and his best friend.
I went in blind as usual and I was so happy it wasn’t the omg if your brother finds out kind of book it was really well thought out and made me think and root for these two.

I loved that they were there for Hank when he needed someone. They both thought about their actions before any
Shanice Singh
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Stella has had a crush on Bear for most of their childhood. However after he turned her down in high school, Stella has to content herself with just being his friend. Until one night when he has a crappy day and Stella is the one who comforts him (and somehow they end up in bed together). But any chance of a happy ever after is ruined when Stella finds out that her brother- and Bear's best friend- has been badly injured in an accident.
I've read most of the Ivy Years series and I really enjoyed i
Rejane
Feb 18, 2018 marked it as not-interested
If the mcs spend most of time apart, then there’s no romance imo.
Read this info in reviews
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Stella Lazarus has loved her big brother’s best friend ever since she can remember. Stella tried to show Bear how she felt years ago, but he brushed her off. So she has to be satisfied with just being good friends. Bear thinks Stella is the sexiest woman alive, but she’s his best friend’s little sister, which means she’s off limits, and it has taken every ounce of will power to keep her at arms length. But when the pair find themselves alone in an upscale hotel room after a few drinks and good f ...more
Renita
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5 stars

photo Shooting For The Stars QUOTE GRAPHIC.jpg

Ah! I'm so excited to talk about this book. This is the newest addition to a great series by one of my favorite authors so without further ado...

Shooting For The Stars is a Contemporary Romance standalone read with no cliffhangers so if you haven't read either of the previous stories, no worries. However if you are like me and have read the other two, when you read this one you feel a bit like you are reuniting with old friends. If I'm being honest I kind of felt bad for any guy w
Pamela / SpazP
Feb 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I have read all of Sarina Bowen's books, to date. Falling from the Sky in this series was one of my faves of the year, and her The Understatement of the Year was one of my faves of last year. This book, however, was a disappointment. Not in the hero and heroine, I adored Bear and Stella. I adored them WHEN THEY WERE TOGETHER. Sadly, most of the beginning and middle of this book was too much recap after recap of what we already knew went down in the previous book. I don't mind a few altering POV ...more
Jackie Lane
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stella loved Bear since she was little and was battling leukemia. She is now a professional snowboarder, but she is not supported by her parents. They seem to only want to go to her brother, Hank's meets.

After a perfect night spent with Bear, Stella gets a call from her mother informing her that her brother was in a bad accident and she needs to come home.

Both Stella and Bear work on bringing Hank back into reality and help him to recover from his injuries.

Both of them lose their sponsorship, bu
Eternity
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Somewhere between 3 and 4 stars, I guess?

The beginning was good, the ending too, but the middle part was really dragging and it was quite annoying to read all the stuff I read in the previous book all over again, just from a different POV.
Betsy
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sports
Another enjoyable, well-written romance by Sarina Bowen. I’m a big fan.
UltraMeital
Another great book and a precious installment in the Gravity Series. Unlike the previous ones, I feel like you should read "Falling From the Sky" - Hank "Hazardous" Lazarus and Callie Anders book before you read this one. The first part of the book starts the day before Hank's accident and so if you haven't read his book, I feel like the next two parts of the book are going to spoiler some things. I think it's just better to get Hank's full story and what happened with him BEFORE you get all the ...more
Kim
While I enjoyed the main characters (especially Bear), I think that they spent too much of the book apart. I wanted to SEE their relationship develop more. So much of their time is antagonistic and spent avoiding each other.

Despite the lack of "togetherness" I fell hard for Bear. He struggles so much with trying to be there for everyone, all while figuring out his dreams and next path in life. He's a truly intriguing character and I was fascinated by him.
Jill
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aww how cute! my mom is obsessed with this author and now I can safely say I am too...
Heidi Hart
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This third entry in Sarina Bowen's Gravity series is more a companion to book two, Falling from the Sky, than a sequel to it. Falling from the Sky was about champion snowboarder Hank Lazarus's recovery from a spinal injury that cost him the use of his legs, and his romance with his doctor, Hallie Anders. Shooting for the Stars tells the story of Hank's sister, Stella, and his best friend, Bear, who are sharing a post-coital hot tub when the call comes about Hank's fall. The timing could not be w ...more
BookWorm 221
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
description

www.bookworm221.tumblr.com

Yeeeeees! When I read these two were getting a book I was really excited but when I read it was a sort of best friends to lovers story I was super excited!!! Those are my favorite stories to read about!

This one was such a sweet torture!!!!!! Seriously, I couldn’t stop reading, I just wanted to smack Bear in the head and tell him to get over himself and go for Stella. But I also get where Beat is coming from, living in what he thinks is the shadow of Hank, to always be a
Apr 02, 2015 added it
This has an odd structure because the main characters aren't around each other much of the book, but it was well paced and engaging, so it was still entertaining. However, the epilogue really kind of wreked this story for me me. (view spoiler) which really dragged down one of my favorite things about the novel, (view spoiler) ...more
Katy
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
This story felt incomplete. I didn't feel a big connection with the characters at all. Not to mention the editors didn't catch mistakes in the beginning with people having the wrong names :( There were a couple parts where Bear became Hank (who was in the last book) yup confusing. Not sure if she was under a deadline but this one didn't work for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Play Book Tag: Shooting for the Stars by Sarina Bowen - 4 stars 1 6 Jul 20, 2019 09:05AM

• Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2)
  • Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1)
  • Muses & Melodies (Hush Note, #3)
  • Rifts and Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • Kane (Arizona Vengeance, #8)
  • Getting Hotter (Out of Uniform, #8)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Midnight Captive (Killer Instincts, #6)
  • As Hot as It Gets (Out of Uniform #10)
  • Heat of the Night (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • The Heat is On (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • Offside (The Barker Triplets, #1)
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the sixteen-time USA Today bestselling author of three dozen books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by

Gravity (3 books)
  • Coming in from the Cold (Gravity, #1)
  • Falling From the Sky (Gravity, #2)