Start by marking “Fire Wind (The Wind Drifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fire Wind (The Wind Drifters, #1)

Fire Wind

(The Wind Drifters #1)

May 16th, 1869

My name is Taran Collins. I take pen to paper to let anyone who follows after me a warning. If you come after me you can expect trouble. I don't know of what kind per se, but........well let's just leave it at that. You've been warned.

Regards, Taran Collins

P.S. I'm not coming back. That much I am sure of. My story isn't an easy one, but my hope is that my
Published January 17th 2015 by Words of Action (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fire Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Wind

Start your review of Fire Wind (The Wind Drifters, #1)
Dianne
Face it, we all love some conflict in our reading, we want to feel and be part of Good conquering Evil, even if it is just part of an ongoing war. Some of us like historical fiction where the cowboy rides up and saves the day, or maybe a little science fiction or spirituality, Guy Stanton III brings us all three rolled into one with Fire Wind, a novella that is the foundation for his new Wind Drifter series.

Taran Collins is a loner, a drifter, who appears to be looking for something in life,
Kaj Samuelsson
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good, entertaining book, with a good message. It is the classic fight between good and evil, but in a new setting. A good mix of Western and Sci-fi with a very nice twist at the end. And I really look forward to the next book.
Connie Taylor
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

This is the first book in the Wind Drifter series and Mr. Stanton has started off with a bang on this series! I could not put it down from page one. His action is top notch and keeps getting better. Mr. Stanton has given the reader different genres: futuristic, contemporary, and now a western series.

The author continues the fight between good and evil. His stories are not preachy, but gives us the insight of placing our trust and faith in
Misty Iputi
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fire Wind is written as a western. It could be written in any time frame as once again Guy Stanton makes the people and love of God come alive right off the page.
This is getting 5/5 with a wish I could give it higher.

PERSONAL NOTE

I normally do not read westerns and reading this one did not feel like reading a normal western. It had the setting and all, what it did not have was the normal long saloon scenes and shootouts. THIS IS BETTER!!

given a free copy for a review.
Juana "Darkness" Duran
I liked it a lot. Especially the beginning where he helps the Indians from being killed off by the group of men. I thought the girl was going to die when she got shot. But it just goes to show that modern medicine is not always the answer. Most of the time I don't read sci fi but this book was cool.
Amaya
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
What can one say about this book? There were times of being unsure of what direction exactly the story was going to take and there was plenty to hold interest. The ending had quite a twist to it. (view spoiler)

This is without a doubt a very well written book and the author has a wonderful
Jodi Woody
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another good work of fiction by one of my favorite Christian authors! I was given a copy of "Fire Wind" in exchange for an honest review. I loved it...honestly! It mixes sci-fi and western, two great genres. Mr. Stanton is unapologetically Christian in his writing, but he is also real and genuine. No preachy sermons, just a day in the life of people trying their best to live right. He almost always includes some salvation stories and this one does not disappoint. Looking forward to the rest of ...more
D
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fire Wind

I have probably said this already, but I will say it again, Guy is a rarity as a Christian fiction writer. He definitely thinks " outside of the box" and you don't have to guess or wonder if his books are Christian. They are not preachy, but they are definitely anointed. The redemption that is shown in this story is amazing. Not only is the redemptive power really good, but the way he strings this story together is AWESOME! I love that it was a western and had some elements of sci-fi. I
Collin
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novella length story. I love listening to old replays of the Gunsmoke radio program. Taran has the confidence of Marshall Dillon.

The mystique of the angelic guide, the physical and spiritual warfare, and the sci-fi aspects kept me reading on.

I look forward to picking up where the first one ends.
Pop
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I used to, many years ago, read a lot of science fiction, but as I aged I quit. I don't know why I picked this one to read other than the author's christen theme. I liked it but I doubt I'll continue the saga. Guy is talented and I wish him the best, but I guess I'm just to old to enjoy or appreciate science fiction or fantasy anymore. A quick read,, maybe an hour or just a little more.
Yoni Esterman
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Indy books and indy authors provide the audience with a fresh creative approach, lower book prices, and the opportunity to feel like you are directly supporting the author with your purchases. Indy books also, more often than not, give the audience a less polished final draft. Whether it’s cover art, storyline, grammar, or just difficult prose to dissect, the chances of experiencing a less-than-polished work is increased as part of the editing process is typically removed. In this case, Guy ...more
Éric Kasprak
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I never, ever thought that I would read a christian fiction, but the complete Wind Drifters series was free on Amazon and I always come across some of Guy Stanton III books in my search for new (free) books (Sword and Sorcery and Space Opera). So the series was free and the blurb about mixing western and science-fiction appealed to me. Well I liked it. The main character is a somewhat anti-hero man looking for meaning in is life, wich open the door for some light preaching about God, but it was ...more
Rose
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Job Openings: New Marshal (May Be the Last Job You Ever Have)

I’ve read Westerns and Sci-Fi books, but this was my first Western Sci-Fi. Taran was your typical gunslinger with a load of baggage to boot. The Sci-Fi aspects added a twist to the average Western, making Fire Wind a very unique story. Edgar, Orlaca’s local doctor, was a quirky character and different from Taran’s brooding, mysterious personality. I can’t wait to enjoy more of their journeys to rid the world of evil.
Jennifer Jungling
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I really really really wanted to love Fire Wind. What could be better than a mix of sci-fi, action, faith, and western. Some of my favorites wrapped up into one.

I was hoping for a lot of action scenes, Stanton writes good action scenes. But there was a lot less action than I was hoping for. Instead I was bogged down in several areas, especially in some of the theory aspects. There was a lot of information and a lot of words. I would find myself skipping paragraphs here and there.

Sometimes I
Jo-Anne
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, own
I received a complementary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

In Fire Wind we follow loner Taran Collins in the wild west. He doesn't like people and, as is common in that time, he particularly doesn't like Indians. But when he sees a bunch of cowboys planning to abuse an Indian woman who is dragging an injured old man he has to step in. He doesn't believe that anyone should be allowed to harass the weak, no matter who they are. As he sees that he is outnumbered a large, bright
Kayley
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Guy Stanton III has been one of my favorite authors to sit back and chill with ever since I discovered his books. I never know what he's going to come up with next. Fire Wind was definitely no exception to that as it turned out one of the oddest story lines that has ever been set in the old west. I certainly enjoyed the intriguing twists and turns the plot took. Some previous reviewers mentioned that they thought the theological discussion ran on too much. The fact that Guy writes about the ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Taran Collins is a man who lost his faith along the way only to be confronted with the truth. Taran hasn't much call for faith or God lately. When he witnesses something beyond his knowledge he's forced to admit that something divine is going on. Taran is called upon to stand up for his faith and belief in God. Can Taran be a true warrior for God? Your answer awaits you in Fire Wind.

This action packed book hits the ground running and doesn't stop. The characters are real, honest, down to earth,
Steve Curll
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have lately noticed that many contemporary authors have a good sense of story, but little command of the English language. In this book, misuse of to and too, and similar errors, is very distracting. Just as a deep thought is forming, a grammatical error makes you miss the point. Interesting ideas, just badly communicated. Does English class for authors no longer teach grammar or structure?
Lisa
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good western

This book is quite different from what I usually read. The combination of the Wild West and space age was exciting! The explanation of the creation was refreshing. Forgiveness and living for Christ was great!
Carolyn
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fun Science Fiction-Western. I have never read one before. Cowboys, Native Americans, Aliens, and Demons... what more can you ask for??? I enjoyed this novel so much I started the 2nd book in the series.
Gerald Sessions
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Western, scifi, religion

If you like the movie Purgatory you will like this book. Religion a big part of book concentrated in chapter 7. Good story and character development. Good vs evil a war. 5 books in series
Michelle Rudland
rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2017
Jan Jonaitis
rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2016
Space Opera Fans : New Sci-fi Western Series 1 18 Jan 22, 2015 09:17AM
Weird Westerns: The Wind Drifters - New Sci-fi Western 15 21 Jan 20, 2015 07:04PM
Louis L'Amour: Fire Wind - New Western Series 1 16 Jan 19, 2015 10:12PM
COWBOY ADDICTS AN...: Fire Wind - New Western Series 1 9 Jan 19, 2015 10:07PM
Western Readers: Fire Wind - New Western Series 1 7 Jan 19, 2015 10:05PM
American Westerns: Fire Wind - New Western Series 1 7 Jan 19, 2015 10:02PM

• The Triumph of Christianity: How a Small Band of Outcasts Conquered an Empire
  • Assassins
  • The Practice of Pastoral Care: A Postmodern Approach
  • How to Live in Fear: Mastering the Art of Freaking Out
  • Now You're Speaking My Language: Honest Communication and Deeper Intimacy for a Stronger Marriage
  • Mike Saves the Day (Pufferfish Adventures Book 1)
  • The Arcav King's Mate (Arcav Alien Invasion, #1)
  • The Fringe Worlds (Human Chronicles, #1)
  • The Lion's Loyalty (Beasts, #3)
  • Mr. Rook (Mr. Rook's Island, #1)
  • Bear the Burden (McMahon Clan #3; Fated Mates #6)
  • Bear Your Fate: McMahon Clan 4 (Fated Mates Book 7)
  • Check (Mr. Rook's Island #3)
  • Pawn (Mr. Rook's Island, #2)
  • Jardun's Embrace (Ketaurran Warriors #1)
  • The Farm (The Gathering Dead #3.5)
  • Khyron's Claim (Ketaurran Warriors #2)
  • Bear It All (McMahon Clan #2; Fated Mates #5)
I’m a redeemed ordinary person intent on bringing
my Heavenly Father, pleasure and a return on the
priceless investment that He has made into my life. I’ll never be able to fully repay Him, but my goal is to try and when my time comes to go that I’ll
be caught away in the very act of still trying to do so.

Read my books and you'll learn everything there is to know about me in a way that only several

The Wind Drifters (5 books)
  • Ice Wind (The Wind Drifters #2)
  • Hard Wind  (The Wind Drifters #3)
  • Drift Wind (The Wind Drifters #4)
  • Rift Wind (The Wind Drifters #5)