Start by marking “Meşe Palamudu” as Want to Read:
Meşe Palamudu

Meşe Palamudu

DİLEK İŞİ III

Dileğini bir buluta fısılda.
Buluttan onu hatırlamasını iste.

(Tanıtım Bülteninden)
250 pages
Published by Güldünya Yayınları (first published July 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Meşe Palamudu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meşe Palamudu

Pixelina
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, z2013-read
I think I am a bit in love with Yoko Ono, mender of broken hearts, wind-whisperer...
Sandra Park-Callaghan
I love Yoko Ono. She is a true artist, a woman of great insight, depth, sensitivity, and imagination. The worst thing she ever did was associate herself with that wife beating, two-bit hack of a beatle. (imho, natch).
Jason
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will be the first to admit that I find Yoko Ono a bit too "out there" for my tastes, however I decided to give this book a try. I'm glad I did. What a wonderful collection of thoughts and observations. Surprisingly deep and makes one think.
kat
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm belatedly figuring out that Yoko Ono is actually extremely interesting and good and I'm mad at the patriarchy for the Yoko-Ono-broke-up-the-Beatles narrative that prevented me from learning this for so long.
sasasa
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, poetry, art
I like a lot of these pieces/poems and somehow I relish taking them as literally as I can and really imagining following her instructions. These are more organized and cohesive in a way than Grapefruit, almost like there are chapters, but somehow I didn't respond like I did to Grapefruit. It seems more controlled, which I guess you would be after 50 years! But some of the spontaneity or something is missing I guess? I like it a lot, but just a bit less than Grapefruit. It also includes one set o ...more
Margaryta
Wow. That's all I can say. I feel so much lighter after finishing this book, which is a sign of the true power of it. It isn't about whether or not the writing and words are "deep", but how you choose to interpret them and whether or not you'll let them change you. Reading this made me very happy because I say that there were several thoughts that I had on a daily basis that Yoko Ono herself wrote down, and it made me feel less alone in this world, as well as made it feel like a much closer, tig ...more
Edson Pompa
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if you love the nature, the universe and your life. This book is for you!!
Doug
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I gave it a 4 because I didn't know whether to give it a 3 or a 5. I loved - I love - Grapefruit. I don't know if Yoko's writing has changed, or if I have changed - it's been a long time. So I don't know why this didn't move me as much as Grapefruit did.

The dot pictures were a great addition.

I enjoyed reading it.

But it felt a bit like a visit from an old friend from long ago who you don't click with as much as you used to.
Catherine ♡
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
This was not exactly my type of writing, but as an artist, I really appreciated all the artwork. Some of the poetry pieces were definitely very thought-provoking, and I especially loved the "Quiz" sections.
Greta
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
Some people can get published no matter what they write, it seems. Meanwhile, I'm going to take Yoko's advice from her poem here called "Earth Piece V": "Watch the sunset. Feel the Earth moving." That would likely be far more rewarding than reading this book.
Yasemin Şahin
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: siir
Keşke özgün metinden okuyabilseydim. Her çeviri şiir bu buhrana düşüyor maalesef, ondandır şiir okuması yapmayı pek sevmem. Ah işte merakım ve caanım yayınevi GÜLDÜNYA:)♡
Stefanos Kioridis
I don't think you have anything to lose by reading this.

In general this book offers some interesting shifts in perspective and exercises in sensibility.
Around the midpoint, this naiveté that characterises a lot of the "pieces" (she calls them that, somewhat ambiguously - a lot of them can be simply looked at as poems) starts to get a bit redundant, but there are still refreshing and beautiful moments.

I didn't find too much purpose in the dot drawings, some looked really similar to eachother and
Mariana
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the last 3 pages made me tear up. amazing, insightful and wonderful words to live by
Melissa
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: celebrities, poetry
The best way I can describe this is as a collection of illustrated meditations and inspirational phrases. As Yoko writes in the introduction, her book of “conceptual instructions,” Grapefruit, was published 50 years ago. “Some years ago, I picked up from where I left off, and wrote Acorn for a website event. Now it’s being published in book form. I’m riding a time machine that’s going back to the old ways. Great! I added my dot drawings to give you further brainwork. i’m just planting the seeds. ...more
Margaryta
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Acorn Wow. That's all I can say. I feel so much lighter after finishing this book, which is a sign of the true power of it. It isn't about whether or not the writing and words are "deep", but how you choose to interpret them and whether or not you'll let them change you. Reading this made me very happy because I say that there were several thoughts that I had on a daily basis that Yoko Ono herself wrote down, and it made me feel less alone in this world, as well as made it feel like a much close ...more
Steph
I'm surprised that I enjoyed this so much more than Grapefruit. Perhaps because I do not have an artist's mind, I found it more easy to wrap my head around the concepts in Acorn. It consists of chapters, far more structured and organized than Ono's earlier work, but is still beautifully poetic. Many pieces encourage the reader to share their thoughts or stories, which creates a feeling of camaraderie and community, even if one is reading alone. And one of Ono's abstract dot-drawings accompanies ...more
Cristhian
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Yo no encerraría a este libro como un libro de poesía, porque no lo es. Este libro es de esa categoría rara, evasiva, onírica llamada libro-objeto. Esa categoría en la cuál muchos pretenden ingresar, pero casi todos se convierten en falsarios. Pocos, poquísimos son los contados, que, cuales unicornios, pueden portar con orgullo ese mote.

Este lo es. Por mucho.

Yoko Ono podrá ser lo que sea, activista, artista avant garde, loca, furiosa, pasiva, pasible, imposible... Pero carajo, entre Grapefruit
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Random discovery at the library. I checked it out largely out of curiosity. I have limited knowledge of Yoko Ono, but suspected she is much more interesting than her maligners make out.

I really liked this. A collection of instructions/poems/rituals for grounding/airing/burning your life. As instructions, clearly you will get out of this little book according to what you put into it. I want to find a copy of this somewhere to own, to have on my shelf to turn to when restless or brokenhearted.

So c
misha
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, must-reread
This is some deep ish.

I found this little booklet in a secondhand book store in NYC, under the capitals 'POETRY'. It could just as well have belonged to the category of meditation guides or books on mindfulness, for it consists of a series of thematised exercises in balance, thinking, loving that may or may not have surreal edges to them.
I thoroughly enjoyed leafing through this work and have vowed to re-read one exercise each day and create a meditatice moment surrounding it.
Noor
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never read anything by Yoko Ono before but I decided to pick this up after seeing her one woman show at MoMA in New York.

Some of these pieces (particularly Connection and City) made me feel so warm and happy! I would say even hopeful. It's a very interactive little book. It invokes certain emotions depending on your own receptivity and interpretation of the pieces. Love.
K
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a catch this woman is! John Lennon was lucky to have been married to her.
I found this book to be great fun. It's also perfect for commuting. This book is very easy to read in snippets of time and then lose oneself thinking about what she wrote. The only thing that could have made it better was for the audio to be sold with the text, so we could listen to Yoko narrate it.
明瑶
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bir seyden kesinlikle eminim. O da Yoko Ono'nun John Lennon'dan daha marifetli ve yaratici biri oldugu. Lennon'un Yoko ile olan birlikteliginden ancak ask, baris ve yeryuzune olan sadakat dogardi zaten cunku Yoko Ono boyle bir kadin. Kalbi sevgiyle, coskuyla, bitmez tukenmez bir enerjiyle atan bir kadin. Okurken hem egleneceginiz hem de uzerinde dusuneceginiz bir kitap yazmis bu kez Yoko.
Lee Barry
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
Some of these are absolutely brilliant (like Cleaning Piece II, and several others) and the rest are well...

A very sweet book, and her dot drawings are amazing.

Watch your face
Make strange smiles on itself
Close the book, then open the book
The art is simply wonderful!
Linda
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Grapefruit nearly 50 years ago and remember reading parts out loud to girlfriends. Laughing and talking about what it meant, and that fascination with circles. Acorn asks the reader to talk to friends and family and report our thoughts. Hope to do that soon. Who's read it?
Atila Demirkasımoğlu
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: edebiyât
Şiir diyemiyoruz, çeviri sorunu muhtemelen. Ancak şiirsellik taşıdığını söyleyebilir ve buna yumuşaklık ve bir parça yaratıcılığı ekleyebiliriz. Karakalem çalışmaları ise çok başarılı bence. Hoş iyimserlikler ve iyiliğe yöneltmeler özet olur sanırım.
Eveline Chao
Skimmed through this really fast and even so was surprised how often one of the pieces reached out & managed to grab me. Reads like a book of zen koans by a very sweet wood sprite. Chicken soup for the avant garde soul haha.
Lara Calleja
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simple book with simple observations/suggestions for a deeper sense of living. I wish I could permanently stamp many of the phrases into my tiny brain.

It’s a book which you gradually read. After every short read, you somehow feel lighter.
Satia
I wanted to own this book before I'd even finished reading it.

For my full review, click here.
Ariane
  • The Big Book of Exit Strategies
  • The Book of Heaven: A Novel
  • Miracle Fair: Selected Poems
  • The Weather Stations
  • Excuse me while I wring this long swim out of my hair
  • The Transformation
  • Snow
  • Short Talks
  • Mindfulness Yoga: The Awakened Union of Breath, Body, and Mind
  • White
Yoko Ono (オノ/ヨーコ) Lennon is a Japanese artist and musician. She is known for her work as an avant-garde artist and musician, and her marriage and works with world famous English musician John Lennon.
“Write down everything you fear in life.
Burn it.
Pour herbal oil with a sweet scent on the ashes.”
6 likes