Start by marking “Feathers (The Tales Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Feathers (The Tales Trilogy, #2)

Feathers

(The Tales Trilogy #2)

Feathers fell like rain from the sky.

Ode was never meant to be born. An outcast from birth, he discovered how to control his unique, remarkable gift entirely on his own. Unlike the other people of his tribe, Ode can fly. Sometimes his body will shudder and shift, and then Ode will transform. He becomes a great white bird with feathers as pale as the snow. He becomes a
Published (first published June 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Feathers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feathers

Start your review of Feathers (The Tales Trilogy, #2)
Meeghan
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This took a while to read because college got in the way, but God I love this world.

Currently need the third book to come out now.
Talk Supe
DNF @ 64%

I initially love the setting and Ode's story. But this fantasy lacks action, Ode's adventure is so chill I wanted more confrontations, more combat, instead Ode is always fleeing or flying somewhere. Granted I haven't read book 1 and there seems to be a bigger plot at play here, yet there's no big spike in the flow of the story for FEATHERS to be exciting or thrilling. Aside from mild curiosity, sadly FEATHERS failed to elicit more feelings from me.
Susan
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-read
I won this book through Goodreads. I really enjoyed this book. It was an exciting sequel to Roses. A new author for me but one to watch for sure.
Dani
I liked Feathers more than I liked Roses, but that might be due to the greater understanding I had of the world Beauty and Ode live in. I have no idea who the third book will be about, but I'm looking forward to reading it and seeing how the forces unite against "Rothbart." (That's the antagonist of Swan Lake, so I'm imagining Abioy as him.)

I liked how there were scenes of Beauty and Beast and their efforts against the Magical Cleansing.

I fear for Briar. Wait. Briar Rose. Ok. So Sleeping
MaryLynn
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book quite a bit, especially the last third. I am looking forward the the last book in the trilogy--something I almost never say!
Kendra
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-copy
I really enjoyed the first book in the trilogy, Roses, and have been meaning to read book two for some time. Rose Mannering can *write* her prose is beautiful. Feathers introduces new main characters and a new storyline, with allusions to characters from Roses. I'm intrigued to see how everything and everyone will come together in the last book. ...more
Angela
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
I struggled with this one. It was surprising because of how much I enjoyed Roses.
Nevertheless, Ode is an adorable character. However, I only truly gained interest in the story at the very end, when some action finally happened to Ode and Briar.

Feathers is suffering from the same issue as the Maze Runner.
Question, after question, after question. Last page, one small nondescript answer, QUESTION.

I cannot tolerate books that don't give the reader any incentive to continue the story. I love
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
That was better than the first book. I'm also happy that Beauty made a small appearance, because I still need more answers.

Ode is born with the prediction he will be a birther like Calla. His brother is predicted as a big Warrior. The moment Ode is brought into the world, he is cast aside by his father and Calla takes him into her house to teach him her ways.

There is something special about Ode and this will play a big role in the war that is to come. Ode is not ready (and I don't get why,
TheLizWay
Apr 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had the same problems in this book that I had in the previous book. Slow, underdeveloped, and felt unfinished at the end. I expected this to pick up right after Roses left off but it was a completely different story and character. You can find my previous review about Roses (The Tales Trilogy #1) for my reasons of dislike.

*Thank you to Edelweiss and Sky Pony Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Mabel
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5

I really like how distinct and meshed this retelling is. I love noticing the little tributes to the traditional sources but this is such a great stand alone as well.

Again, there's a great outsider hero who is very real without being one dimensional. However, I feel like there were certain parts where I felt like it was trying to tug at my heart strings but I just wanted the plot to continue. I can't wait to see what happens in the concluding (supposedly) book!
Emily
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Amanda Oehlke
Jun 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I genuinely enjoyed the idea of the story but like many other I felt it lacked action. I did keep getting that "I wonder what happens next?" feel though!
Emily Corrick
Danny Dennis
Mar 13, 2018
Liv Worthen
Jun 01, 2016
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2016
Kerridwen
Oct 13, 2019
Saffron
Apr 01, 2016

• Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins, #1)
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Sisters of the Winter Wood
  • The Wide Circumference of Love
  • Lakota Woman
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Keeping the Moon
  • The Pursuit of Miss Heartbreak Hotel
  • Here There Are Monsters
  • Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
  • As Old As Time
  • Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • The Fairest Kind of Love (Windy City Magic, #3)
  • Blood Will Out
  • Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1)

The Tales Trilogy (2 books)
  • Roses  (The Tales Trilogy, #1)