Start by marking “Burning Up (Fitting In #3)” as Want to Read:
Burning Up (Fitting In #3)

Burning Up

(Fitting In #3)

Bryce has been a firefighter for ten years, but when a horrific house fire leaves him reeling, he moves to a new city, hoping to shove those memories behind him. As he adjusts to his new station, Bryce keeps to himself until Matt and Toby, two hot young men in his unit, throw temptation in his path. Bryce knows better than to mess around with men he works with, especially ...more
Published February 18th 2015 by Silvia Violet Books

Start your review of Burning Up (Fitting In #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

The following public service announcement has been brought to you by:

Wait, lost my train of thought . . .

Oh, yeah: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK; MAY CAUSE HEAT STROKE.

This story sizzles, burns, crackles, and blisters in all its sweltering, torrid, ardent, lustful glory.

*walks off stage to claim purple prose award*

Matt and Toby, both 22, are firemen, best friends, and lovers. They work, play, and live together. They're both instantly attracted to Bryce (who's older, although it's unclear how old;
Gigi
Wow, this was practically the polar opposite of the first book in the series. While that book was all about the emotion and sexual awareness of the three men, this book was all about Bryce, the third man of an already established relationship of two, trying to talk himself out of the hookup. And, man, did that get old! I stopped at 50% and Bryce was still scoping out other men while at a bar with Toby and Matt. Just no emotion. I only read the one sex scene, which I thought had potential since i ...more
A Girl Has No Name
2.5 stars rounded up to 3

I really liked the first two parts of the series focussing on Jack, Gray and Mason. I was already a little wary when I heared that this part of the series would be focussing on Bryce - a firefighter who is new in town and also working as a bartender part-time. In order to overcome difficult memories, Bryce decided to leave Atlanta behind and to start over in another town and at another station.

Two young firefighters - Toby and Matt - are quickly raising his interest,
Denise H.
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read April 2015
We met Bryce the firefighter, now we meet Matt and Toby. Touching and heartwarming story. Terrifically hot and super emotions bring this story to life !! I was so riveted, I couldn't put it down.

Deep thought filled characters, interesting story, and super hot M/M/M sex scenes are all here to revel in. Wow ! It is a truly beautiful romance and study of what each one needs to complete their triad.
They deal with emotions, family, work, and their new love. (Light BDSM) This feelin
Debra

This easily works as a standalone, although there are appearances from Mason, Gray and Jack of the first 2 stories.

While the bedroom action was hot and the story was entertaining, I didn't feel as much of a connection with Bryce, Matt and Toby as I did with the men in the prior books. I felt like I didn't get to know them enough outside of the attraction and the shared job. I also found Bryce's internal monologue to be a bit much (but this is often a peeve of mine) and the fact that he
Jewel
This one was ok, but I enjoyed the first two books in this series more. Bryce's inner dialog got in the way of the story flow a bit too much, in my opinion. Beyond that, I enjoyed the sex scenes, but would have loved to have more actual character development. This story felt a touch rushed.
Caroline Brand
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Burning up is book three in the Fitting In series and sees the introduction of three new men. Bryce, Toby and Matt all work out of the same firehouse and whilst Toby and Matt are already in a relationship they are clearly sending out signals to Bryce showing their interest in getting together with him.

They are an interesting mix of characters; Bryce is much older than Matt and Toby and isn’t sure whether it is attraction or flattery that he feels at first.

Bryce le
Ele
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it

Not much to say about this one. I just couldn't feel the connection between them. The sex was hot, sure, but it felt rushed and sometimes came out of nowhere. Bryce's inner battle was a bit tiring. Then he would give in and then he would feel guilty again.

The second half of the book was a little more engaging.Generally, I liked the first two books of the series way more.

Of course, I'm not sorry I read it because

Pati
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ideally I'd like to rate this 3.5, but since half stars aren't allowed and I loved getting to visit with Mason, Jack and Gray I had to round up to 4.
Tina

I couldn't really get into this story.

I found Bryce inner battle (if he should be with Matt and Toby or not) annoying as HELL!!...OMG, Make up your goddamn mind....!

photo IMG_3242_zpspjsktagm.gif

Matt & Tobey was so damn sweet, and if it was not from them it had been a DNF!
Maria
Hmn, okay. Not as good as the first. The connection wasn't all the way there for me. And, I couldn't get over Bryce's description of himself as some "older" guy. It may have played better if he were an older man. 32 is not old. Now I sound old! Whatever! You know what I mean.
Pam Kay
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love these men!!! Another beautifully written love story of a MMM relationship.. The story line flows well and the character development was amazing. The connection with the first 2 novels in the series makes a for a great story!! Bryce was a firefighter that came from Atlanta to get away from a tragic event in his line of work. He is the lieutenant of one of the fire department stations and he is out to those around him. He also works with Mason at the bar which ties them all together. He mee ...more
Rachel Emily
3.5 stars for me, not quite enough to round up to the 4 stars. I loved Toby, and I also liked seeing Mason, Grey, and Jack pop up in this one. But at the same time, I wish we had gotten a break from Bryce's POV and gotten to know more what Toby and Matt were thinking and going through. I think that the inner dialogue of Bryce's constant "I want them but shouldn't do this" got old before the story was even half way done, and I do wish we had known more about Toby and Matt, other than only how Bry ...more
Jenn C
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5. Stars. I enjoyed the first two more, but cute fireman and hot sex....what's not to like.
Dominique
So. Freaking. Hot.

Lol Excuse the pun.
Sakuko
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was just as much fun to read as the other parts of the series, but I thought it was a bit too similar to the other triple.
Ok, it's firefighters now, not police, but it's the same dynamic again, even the same problem with trying to stay partners as a reason not to come out.

But I did like the new characters, Matt and Toby where just really cute and Bryce is a nice, solid guy, not as grumpy and possessive as Gray. I just felt the book lacked some communication. They kinda just fell into
Amanda
This was a miss for me. I didn't connect with these characters on an emotional level at all. This is told from Bryce's POV. His lengthy inner monologues about how he shouldn't get involved with Toby and Matt were annoying AF, especially after he got involved with Toby and Matt. And since it's told from Bryce's POV, and since all their getting to know you conversations happen off page, I didn't feel like I knew who Toby and Matt were, individually but also what their dynamic was as a couple. Pret ...more
Lois - Who Reads
There really is a PWP book through and through. Lots of insta-love, big misunderstandings, denial, and so many sex scenes. It's not a bad book, there just isn't much of a story. Matt and Toby are kind of adorable and Bryce has that whole bossy alpha male thing going for him, but there is not much of a connection between these three men. Bryce's inner monologue does add some much needed humor to the story.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say Firemen. Yep that right there catches me real good. Who doesn't love a sexy fireman and this one gives you three. This one has on the hot sexy goodness that the others do only they are putting out fires as well as starting bedroom or living room ones. Another thing I love is that while each of the stories are great they also leave you wanting more. And I do. Keep them coming.
Barbara M.
Burning Up (Fitting In Book 3)

This was absolutely fantastic it was very easy to keep you turning those pages. Definitely a must read, lots and lots of drama, excitement galore, sexy moments and also a beautiful love story. Readers should not be under 18! So many thanks, Honey Bee 🌬🔥🎭😉💙🤩🥰🐝🎶
Ali
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The previous characters are carried through from the previous 2 books. This one is mainly about a triad of firefighters. Sensual and almost instalove. Toby, Matt and Bryce make a loving triple relationship.
Sylvia
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

This story is a hard one to rate because I didn't like it that much but also I didn't dislike it either so..

Michael Joseph
You can read my review of “Burning Up” at my web site. ...more
Brittany
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i thought i wouldn't like that it was different characters, but i absolutely love toby matt and bryce 😍
Helena Rose
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fab

I love three way stories and Ms violets are some of the best. Amazing story with fab characters. Defiantly give it a try!
Emma Brown
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved the emotional journey, Matt, Bryce and Toby took me on. the friendships forged and the weight of all their emotions and needs was mesmerizing.
Kristin
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Karen
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Well written with well developed characters. Was great to find out that there were more books in this series. Read the first two a few years ago and just realized that they are two more. Loved it.
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

Love Bytes Reviews
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 star review by Vicki

Yummm…. Three hot firefighters! What’s not to like about this story…

I liked the first two books in this series quite a bit, and I was happy to see Silvia Violet continuing it. I was concerned that it’s a different threesome though, I really like the three from the first books. So I went in to this with a bit of trepidation.

I mostly liked the book, but I didn’t like is much as the other two books, I’m sorry to say. This is all from Bryce’s perspective, and he whines waaaaa
« previous 1 3 next »

• Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Top Priority (The Game #1)
  • Sir
  • My Kind of Man (HeavyLoad!, #1)
  • Rules to Follow (Davey's Rules #1)
  • Finding Finley
  • Bound by Law (Men of Honor, #2)
  • Pretend (Blackcreek, #3)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Spring Strings
  • Jared's Evolution (Jared & Kieran, #1)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • The Princess, the Prick & the Priest (Confessions, #4)
  • Ziggy (Kinky Boys #2)
  • Collide (Blackcreek, #1)
  • On the Same Page (Secrets, #4)
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long walks ...more

Fitting In (5 books)
  • Fitting In (Fitting In #1)
  • Sorting Out (Fitting In #2)
  • Going Deep (Fitting In, #4)
  • Getting Hitched (Fitting In, #5)

News & Interviews