Start by marking “That One Night (That One Series 1)” as Want to Read:
That One Night (That One Series 1)

That One Night (That One #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  1,376 Ratings  ·  140 Reviews
All it takes is just one moment to change the course of your life. For me, it was one perfect night.
I have always had a thing for my brother’s best friend, Ben. When I found him on my parents’ couch, drowning his sorrows in a whiskey bottle, my attempts to comfort him quickly turned into a night of raw and intense passion.
My foolish heart hoped he might feel the same way
Kindle Edition
Published June 24th 2015 (first published June 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about That One Night, please sign up.
Josie Wright There's no cliffhanger. All the books in the series are standalones with no cliffhangers.
Book 2 is from Ben's POV (male main character in book 1) and…more
Book 2 is from Ben's POV (male main character in book 1) and tells his side of the story as well as his experiences before book 1. (less)
Josie Wright Sorry for replying just now. Somehow I'm not Goodreads savvy. The 3rd book will be about Dave and Viv, but it looks like Ben's POV will also go a bit…moreSorry for replying just now. Somehow I'm not Goodreads savvy. The 3rd book will be about Dave and Viv, but it looks like Ben's POV will also go a bit further in time then the 1st book.

And thank you so much. <3(less)

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
That One Night is the first book published by Josie Wright.

I won’t lie I needed some time to get my bearings in the story. In the beginning, Frankie had so much anger and frustration bottled up she was hard to love or connect with.

Eighteen months ago, she had a wonderful and steamy night with her lifelong crush, her brother’s best friend and then, he left the morning after never to be seen again. His “sorry” was such a poor excuse, certainly when Frankie realized she was pregnant.

To say her par
Nikki ღ Navareus
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed the heck out of this story. I felt deep sympathy for Frankie, with all the awful treatment she endured from her a-hole parents, and I felt proud at how maturely she handled her situation that she was stuck in, even without the help from her family. Frankie was perfect. Her self esteem had taken a real hit, but she never let that stop her, and when Ben finally came into the picture, these two made the perfect couple, (view spoiler)
Irene
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4⭐⭐⭐⭐ well deserved stars for this debut book by Josie Wright.

From the start we are introduced to Frankie, she is returning home on a visit to her parents with baby son Archer. As she is only expecting to see her parents and brother Dave it comes as a shock to find the last person she thought would be there, Ben her brothers best friend who turned Frankie's world upside down after one night of passion then disappeared for 18 months with no contact.

I really enjoyed this well written and beautiful
Markéta
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! ****

This type of books is my favourite - the one where brother's best friend is in love with his little sister and little sister is in love with big brother's BFF. And there is also disappearing AND little munchkin when he returns - also one of my favourite motives. I had high expectation about this book and I wasn't dissapointed.

Frankie had a crush on Ben for what seems like forever and had her chance to be with him. She finds him at her home drunk and looking lost. While consonling
Cody
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Arc from Author, for more visit Literary-ly Obsessed

This book was nothing like what I was expecting, in fact this book starts many months after this ‘one night’. I was a little gutted that I wasn’t able to read the build up to this moment however you are soon caught up to speed, also it was your typical one night stand but Wright spares no details, it will no doubt leave you more than a little hot around the collar.

Frankie the MC, has never gotten on with her family to say there was a slight ‘ri
Donna
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
**arc received for honest review**

3.5 Stars

That One Night starts with a bang. We see Frankie making the dreaded drive to her family's house, only to be blindsided with seeing Ben again. It had been several years since that fated night, and Ben had been MIA from everyone. I was immediately drawn into the characters and Frankies discomfort with him. I could only imagine that happening to me and how awkward it would feel.

Although Frankie has a hard time trusting Ben, she gives him a second chance.
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this #secondchanceromance http://amzn.to/1Ly9iv2

This blurb grabbed me a few weeks ago when I added this one to my to read list..I want to start by saying reading the blurb will have most thinking they know how this one on folds and on some level yes, you do, but the secrets are layered in this one making for a wonderful read.

Having said that I am going to try to keep the review to only what is revealed in the blurb, which is that Francine (Frankie) is the mom to a young son from “That One
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
One night is all it took to alter Frankie's life, yet she would never change it because that meant she has a piece of him with her forever. For as long as she can remember, she's had a crush on Ben but he wanted nothing to do with her because he viewed her as his little sister.

Ben's life has been a lie and that sends him on a spiral of destruction, wanting to have nothing to do with anyone, especially his mother. When he comes back, he tries his best to let Frankie know what's been going on, to
Three Chicks
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Jen Hagen

This story held my interest from the first page all the way to the very last page, in fact it left me wanting more Ben and Frankie. They are the most adorable couple, and Ben is one of the most likable guys you will come across – at least once you get past the huge judgement mistake 18 months ago with him leaving a one-word note saying “Sorry.” Nobody knew where Ben went to and what he has been doing since that night when Frankie found him drowning in whisk
Rebecca
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it
That One Night, was a troublesome book to review. For the most part, I found this to be a boring read with more things against it than for, but around the 80% mark things started to change and instead of not liking, I actually had something that held my attention. So now I find myself saying this is somewhere in the middle, I neither loved or hated it.
At the start, it showed a lot of promise, but I quickly lost interest when I couldn't connect to the characters. With the exception of the parents
Cyndi Becker
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story took my by surprise. Just when I thought it was simply a sweet second chance love story, I got hit with a twisty psychological mystery that made me gasp. That One Night is Josie Wright's debut novel and centers on the life of college co-ed Frankie and her infant son Archer.
It’s a bittersweet story of a family at odds with each other; Frankie and her parents, and Frankie and Archer's father Ben.

When we first meet Frankie, she is home visiting her parents after a very long estrangemen
Annie
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the debut novel from Josie Wright and I have to say I will be back for more!
One night of passion and then the disappearance of the man she loves has changed Frankie and given her the best thing in the world. Let me just say this is sooo much more than the second chance romance I was expecting. The book centers around Frankie and her son Archer, her family is really at odds with each other and are disappointed at the direction her life has taken. She has decided to come home after being
 B.E.Love
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This wasn't bad I just had a hard time connecting to the characters as much as I wanted to. Some of the book was rapped up a little too easily but on the other hand some nice twists were added in the book, and thank goodness the heroine stood up for herself with the two people who treated her like garbage, I was sure that wouldn't play out the way it did and I was so happy it did.

After one amazing night with her brothers best friend Ben, Frankie wakes up alone and soon finds out she is pregnant
Sweets Books
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cupcakes

Great debut book, I really enjoyed reading this story. I was hooked right from the beginning and could barely put it down.

I liked the main characters especially Frankie, she has been through a lot but stays strong and doesn't give up and does what she needs to do to survive. Her heart is broken since Ben disappeared 18 months ago and suddenly returns without any explanation.

Ben has a lot of emotional issues he has to deal with but doesn't want Frankie to know what is wrong but she
Sbell
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARSHIP
Great Debut book!! Ben and Frankie were perfect together. I loved how they worked as a couple to overcome their past. I also loved all of their friends! I would read more by this author
Alicia Kline
Debut novel

This is a debut novel that read like exactly that: a debut. Everyone has to start somewhere and there's the rest of your writing career to improve. And I think that the author tried to do everything right, but fell short in several areas.

The single most problematic area for me was by far the editing. Had it not been clearly indicated on the sales page that this book did in fact have a separate editor, I would have assumed that the author threw this into spell check, then uploaded a ro
Em The
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fabulous first book from this amazing author! The was a story that I had to read and finish in one sitting and I was pretty well gripped from the first page.

That One Night pretty well sums up the story - its based on the events of one night that sets into motion a path for the two main characters. Frankie is left with a permanent reminder of that night and hasn't set eyes on Ben, the other half of the love equation. It is a case of acting on the infatuation she has had with her brothers b
Restless Book Obsession
I received an arc of this book for an honest review. I'm not sure where to start, I did enjoy this story but there were a few issues with it. I liked how the book started with Frankie heading home to visit her family for Thanksgiving and we get glimpses of that one night through flashbacks during her long drive home. I thought it was a nice touch because you're just not sure exactly how it came to pass or even who the guy is to her. All that gets revealed fairly quickly and somewhat dramatically ...more
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
*Review copy received from the author for an honest review*

4 “Sorry” stars!

That One Night is a sweet romance about making mistakes, learning from them, and trying your hardest to make them right. Frankie and Ben’s relationship, or lack of at times, is not the norm. But yet I found myself rooting for them to be together the whole time. I was rooting for them before I even thought they should be together. How did the author do it?

“Why did he leave? Why didn’t he at least say goodbye? Why didn’t t
Loredana
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Strength of character and conviction, even through diversity. Hello, meet Frankie. Lust put her in a pickle, but love taught her what was important. Josie Wright throws us into the middle of such emotional turmoil from the first line. Frankie is a paradox; she’s a bit of a glutton for punishment but an incredibly amazing mother. Initially, I couldn’t figure out if I thought she was strong or stupid. This duality will drive you a bit
Rejane
Jul 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Can I give this zero star? Terrible writing style in the second half. The 1st half was tell not showing, no feelings..the 2nd half was written like a diary.
Bad plot. SPOILERS: reason why hero left: RIDICULOUS. A grown up man who can't communicate with his parents (portrayed as loving and caring ones) when he finds out his father is not his biological father. Instead he left for 2 years to find his biological father and worse he believed in everything this father told him , even if this father w
KA Graham
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!!

I’m super stoked for my sweet friend Josie Wright and her brilliant debut novel, This One Night. What a way to get your feet wet in the world of books, and in my opinion, this is an absolutely amazing first time out, and I’m beyond excited for y’all to read this one!

Frankie is a single mom, returning home with her baby son Archer. Needless to say, she has the type of parents who are more than disappointed with how her life has turned out. The only positive thing they have on their s
MelPT
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Sometimes you CAN find decent reads through Kindle Unlimited. I came across this one by accident, I was looking for a quick read to complete a book challenge and the reviews looked pretty solid.

Basic plot is Frankie had a crush on her brother's bestie Ben, one night they end up getting together and the next morning Ben is gone and Frankie ends up pregnant. And no, that is not a spoiler because baby Archer comes into the story on page 2. It's a second chan
Josie Wright
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
That One Night is LIVE!!!

It's $2.99 or FREE with KindleUnlimited!

C.J.
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great and gripping story. I couldn't put it down. It had enough light hearted bits to make it palatable instead of drowning in an emotional journey. Really liked the characters and hope Dave and Viv get a story. Recommend.
CarolBee
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
A pretty okay read. I felt there were too many holes in the story for my liking, but I did enjoy Ben & Frankie's story! I love second chance romances, add that with an accident baby, and I'm basically in love. (:
Helena
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Cannot wait for Ben's POV ❤
Assenette
Jul 08, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015-reads, dnf
It's a dnf for me. I tried. Really I did, but while she saying she angry she caves too easily.
Catarina Szelsky †
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this story. I was hooked right from the beginning and could barely put it down !
Red Cheeks Reads
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
“He’s always been in my life somehow, until he disappeared one night. That one night.”

I really enjoyed this book which is the authors debut book! It also got me out of my dreaded book funk so yay! extra points!! So onto a bit about the book. Frankie has had a crush on her brother’s best friend for as long as she can remember but she’s sure he dislikes her that is until one night and they share a night together which meant something to her and what she thought meant something to Ben too, until
  • Baby Wanted (A Bundle of Joy)
  • Baby on Board
  • Leverage: The Complete Series (Leverage, #1-3)
  • You're All I Need
  • Their Ex's Redrock Midnight (Texas Alpha #2)
  • The Alexanders: Volume 1 (The Alexanders, #0.5, 1, 2)
  • So Trashy (Bad Boy Next Door, #2)
  • Where the Heart is
  • His Forbidden Bride: 50 Loving States, West Virginia
  • A Very Dirty Wedding (A Step Brother Romance, #1.5)
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • The Mating Seduction (Werewolves of Montana, #3)
  • Seduced By The Wall Street Werewolf
  • Double Feature: The Game Plan & Double Dare (Neighbor from Hell, #5-6)
  • Under The Cypress Tree (Love in Belle Pont #1)
  • Melt
  • Finding Us (A Nucci Securities Novel, #1)
  • Sinjin (Rakehells of Rochester, #1)
Josie Wright has always been a bookworm, spending every free moment with her nose buried in a book. While others were out partying, she spent her evenings with Heathcliff, Sydney Carton or Snape. Romance, fantasy, thrillers - you name it, she read it.

Thanks to the Kindle, she finally arrived in the 21St century and discovered the Indie literature world. Josie has been lost to it ever since. With h
More about Josie Wright

That One (4 books)
  • That One Day (That One Series 1.5)
  • That One Minute (That One #2)
  • That One Moment (That One #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Facing your own feelings is like attempting to slay a fire-breathing dragon, and admitting your fear seems to make it more real, way harder to suppress.” 0 likes