Start by marking “Cobra Outlaw (Cobra Rebellion Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Cobra Outlaw (Cobra Rebellion Book 2)

Cobra Outlaw

(Cobra Rebellion #2)

ORIGINAL TRADE PAPERBACK. SEQUEL TO COBRA SLAVE. New York Times #1 best-selling author Timothy Zahn continues his Cobra SF adventure series with book #2 of a new Cobra saga, Cobra Rebellion. Cobra warriors: technologically enhanced and implanted with an arsenal of covert weaponry fight against alien foes and evil humans.

Cobra warriors: technologically enhanced human warrio
Published January 15th 2015 by Baen Books

To ask other readers questions about Cobra Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cobra Outlaw

Kathy Davie
Second in the Cobra Rebellion military sci-fi subseries (eighth in the overall Cobra series) and revolving around the Broom family and their fellow Cobras. The focus is spread out over the four subplots.

My Take
This was an irritating read, and I see it as a bridge novel in four parts: events on Aventine which are spread out between the Cobras and Aventinians against the Dominion of Man; the mission of Merrick Broom "Hopekeeper" and his fellow "slave", Anya; Jody's race for Qasama; and, Captain Ba
John
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
2018 Grade B+/A-

Not quite as good as the first book in this series in that it was not as engaging and was easier to put down when necessary. At the same time it was not as frustrating because it spent more time developing the protagonist's stories. The protagonists are much broader characters than the antagonists. Once again it was easy to pick up the story line with each POV change. The end was not quite as satisfying as book one but it did end the local story arcs while setting up the series f
Diana Par-due
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying this book even more than the first one. The story thickens and weaves throughout the stories of many different characters and makes it a rich plot. It is sometimes a bit disconcerting how every single chapter or sometimes within a chapter the story switches to another characters voice. I understand why, but it does give a bit of whiplash.
Janet Sketchley
This is a really good series, with multiple plot threads. I found this book slow starting, because it needed to re-orient readers to each of the threads and the overall situation.

Once it got up to speed, it was a typical (as in, satisfying and fast-paced) Cobra novel and I enjoyed it.

However, I wish I'd waited for this Cobra series to be complete before I started reading the previous one (Cobra War) because Cobra War #3 ended by starting the whole slave thing dealt with in this new series, and C
Beau
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this e-arc. I liked it. I bounced between 3 and 4 stars, and decided to round down instead of up.

First off, I like Cobras. They are just cool. And in the fight with the Dominion of Man, or with the alien Trofts, they are clearly the good guys.

Plus, I like space battles with lasers and missiles and stuff blowing up.

This book has both. As a space opera fan, that would do it for me. But then I feel like things are crawling. There are six story-lines, spinning out independently. It
Ralph Blackburn
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent space opera, the second in the new trilogy started with COBRA SLAVE. The Moreau/Broom family is still at odds with the Dominion of Man. Action and intrigue move the plot along nicely. Recommend you read the trilogy that came before this one, COBRA WARS, as it makes for a more satisfied understanding of what is going on and all recent books in this series are contiguous- that is one continuous story with character arcs and revelations.
Thrivi Subramanian
Any book with modified human soldiers who with inbuilt neural computers, hardened skeletons and inbuilt arc lasers take on an alien race that speaks like Master Yodah deserves 5 stars. The whole Cobra series is so much fun.
Stephen Davis
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I have been reading through the Cobra books at a much faster pace than expected. Now that I've finished Cobra Outlaw disappointed to find that I have to wait a bit before the next book comes out. The story and the character arcs have made this book, and the series enjoyable reads.
Derelict Space Sheep
42 WORD REVIEW:

Zahn’s mix of military action and political intrigue remains engaging, but his latest Cobra trilogy would (back in the day) have been one long book; the wait between instalments makes for a certain disorientation, especially given the multiple plotlines running in parallel.
Phyllis Griffiths
I enjoyed this book and look forward to the third of the series.
Jeremey
Glen
Dec 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Family Matters
  • Cuttlefish (Cuttlefish, #1)
  • The Fortress in Orion
  • A Call to Vengeance (Honorverse: Manticore Ascendant, #3)
  • The Complete Midshipman Bolitho: Richard Bolitho, Midshipman, Midshipman Bolitho and the Avenger & Band of Brothers
  • Imperative (Starfire, #7)
  • A Fighting Chance (Legion, #9)
  • Knowing (Return of the Nine, #1)
  • Do Unto Others
  • Finding What's Lost
  • Ardneh's Sword (Empire of the East, #4)
  • Survival of the Fittest: The Last Hope for the Human Race
  • A Class Apart (Class Heroes, #1)
  • The Clone Sedition (Rogue Clone, #8)
  • Revenge of the Rainbow Dragons (Endless Quest #6)
  • Cold Steel (Bolos, #6)
  • Copperheads: The Rise and Fall of Lincoln's Opponents in the North
  • Some Golden Harbor (Lt. Leary, #5)
Timothy Zahn attended Michigan State University, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in physics in 1973. He then moved to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and achieved an M.S. degree in physics in 1975. While he was pursuing a doctorate in physics, his adviser became ill and died. Zahn never completed the doctorate. In 1975 he had begun writing science fiction as a hobby, and he bec ...more

Cobra Rebellion (3 books)
  • Cobra Slave (Cobra Rebellion #1)
  • Cobra Traitor (Cobra Rebellion #3)