Start by marking “Besieged by Rain (Son of Rain, #1)” as Want to Read:
Besieged by Rain (Son of Rain, #1)

Besieged by Rain (Son of Rain #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Clay Jacobs harbors a dangerous secret. Evie, the object of his teenage obsession, isn’t human. But instead of destroying the supernatural threat, as he’s been instructed by the Rain—the organization he belongs to—he let her escape.

The memory of the one who got away not only haunts him but holds him captive and assaults him nightly. Unable to escape the visions, and the gu
ebook
Published February 28th 2015 by Bottom Drawer Publications (first published February 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Besieged by Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Besieged by Rain

Monsterella Reviews
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Clay and his family are Rain elite, people who scour the Earth in search of monsters (anything not completely human/ supernatural) in order to save innocent lives. But are things actually as black and white as humans are good and everything else is bad? They will hunt down and kill anything that isn't human or bring it to the Assessors for studying and testing where fate will ultimately bring death. The training typically begins at very young ages and the elite are the families who have been inv ...more
Mary Spellman
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Treat yourself...
This is a nicely written book! She does a great job of describing in detail the things we need to see. The story is beautifully heart-breaking and almost hopeless, but stick around until the end! I guarantee you that you will be addicted and craving more.

I'm not a big fan of paranormal romance, but I must say, I'm dying for the next book to come out!

Michelle Irwin made me a believer.
Kristy
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW, just finished reading 'Besieged by Rain' & what can I say... other than I need more Clay & Evie NOW! 'Besieged by Rain' is book 1 in the "Son of Rain" (SoR) series, which in itself is sort of a companion series for Michelle's "Daughter of Fire" (DoF) series which features Evie's story. I would advise you to read both Evie & Clay's stories, as instead of writing both POV's in 1 book/series like many other authors do, Michelle has written two series that intertwine in each others ...more
Ashley Marie
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Again, I couldn't put down this book! I love reading from other characters POV, so this was a fast read for me. I love finally finding out what Clay went through those two years he was away from Evie. Learning about his training with the Rain, and his family. I loved learning more about the other 'monsters' in the world. It just ended too soon for me, can't wait for the next book already!
Diary of a Book Addict
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-sib
I was lucky enough to receive an arc of this book for an honest review

Let me start by saying that I love Michelle's books, she's one of those wonderfully talented authors that writes in a way that pulls you in to the story and makes you feel like you are right there experiencing everything alongside the characters... I could picture every 'creature' described so vividly.

Besieged by Rain is the first book in the Son of Rain series. The Rain are a secret organisation tasked with ridding the world
Hopelessly Devoted
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Review
Clay Jacobs is one of the elite members of a secret society of ''protectors'' their job is to rid the world of, so called, monsters, what he wasn't counting on was falling in love with a beautiful violet eyed teenage girl (Evie) who is the epitomy of everything he should hate.
This is the story of a man that falls in love and does everything within his power to protect his heart, his family and his childhood morals. Imagine waking up one day and being forced to question every piece of m
J.A. Kenney
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, paranormal, romance
Besieged by Rain is book 1 in the Son of Rain Series by Michelle Irwin.

This is a companion book to Through the Fire the first book in the Daughter of Fire Series.

Clay is an elite member of THE RAIN, a secret organization formed to protect humanity from non-human threats. His family has served as hunters and executioners for generations. The rain views all supernatural creatures as evil monsters who must be destroyed.

But Clay strays from his family’s duty when he falls for Evie, a non-human, in h
Kate Bonham
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh Michelle has done it again, definitely making her the Queen of witty one-liners!! Clay's story was just as detailed and descriptive as Through The Fire.

Many gasps, and screams were had while I read this one and I found myself wondering if the Rain were really evil. They believe what they are doing is right, even if Clay is trying hard to believe it as well, his experience with Evie has left him a questioning and broken man. Different perspectives of stories always make for interesting read
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Clay is filled with a desperation to find Evie, the high school crush that got away and has haunted his dreams ever since. Actually, she's the one he stupidly pushed away in a moment of rage and disbelief after discovering she wasn't human. Even knowing what she is, he does everything he can to find her, unsure of what he'll do if he ever does: Should he turn her in or keep her secret safe? His search pays off and when he sees her for the first time i
Jacky
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Three hand-picked magnolias rested against Evie’s front door. I’d taken time to carefully examine each flower and had selected those particular three for their perfect white petals, symmetry and scent”.

Another well written story by a new and exciting author Michelle Irwin, I must confess that Michelle writes in a genre that I haven’t been reading lately (for me it’s normally mystery murders and who done it’s). However when asked to read as an ARC for her books I thought why not I am open to all
Jamie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review can also be found on: http://bbf-book-boyfriends.blogspot.de/

I truly enjoyed reading this book and am looking forward to the next one. Michelle has a great way of writing, making it easy to get into the story but also get lost in it. Her descriptive writing makes it easy to see each character and whatever goes on in that story, which made it all the more enjoyable.

The story itself was really fascinating to me as well. Clay, as a member of Rain, an organisation that hunts monsters, ba
Kat
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal Romance & Shifter lovers 18+
Recommended to Kat by: Read Book 1
I had to grab the new Cover series - Paperbacks are on my Wishlist!

Having read book 1 of Daughter Of Fire Series I knew most of what' was happening from Evie's POV, and I've always been hesitant in reading books of a story that's been told before by a different character, and so far Ms Irwin has done well to give enough detail and perspective through Clays eyes to keep me invested in the book.

This book is a good companion to Through the Fire . Ms Irwin has done a great job at bringing us Clay's
Alison
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Clay Jacob and his family are part of the Rain; an elite team whose mission is to rid earth of any creatures they deem supernatural and dangerous. Clay cannot forget the beauty of Evie and is determined to find her; it goes against everything he has been taught and will be the ultimate betray to his family. Do Clay and Evie stand a chance?

Michelle Irwin has given us a very well written and intriguing prospective from Clay; I really
Karen Harper
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first found out about Besieged By Rain, I thought it was just simply Through the Fire written from a different point of view. Well, it is, but it’s not. Are you confused? I’ll explain it to you.
Through the Fire is the first book in the Through the Fire series and it is written from Evie’s point of view. Evie is the main character and Clay Jacobs is a very important character in that book. Besieged by Rain is the first book in the Son of Rain series and it is written from Clay’s point view
Donna Sweeney
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review........

Dear god what a fantastic starts to this series !!! Gripping !!! No, enthralling !!

This is Clay *bits knuckle to stops self doing girly fan scream* and Evie's story. He's sworn to protect the world for paranormal's......no mercy and Evie is paranormal.........see the problem ?

Well, this book is written from Clay's POV and follows on from Evie doing a runner in high school where they met. Clay has left the Rain (th
Demelza Carlton
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'd already read first book of the companion series to this one, Through The Fire, so I knew some of the chain of events that would take place in this book, but following Clay certainly takes you through a very different perspective!

Evie's story is a tale of survival against all odds; Clay's is one of a very physical bloke fighting the brainwashing he's been subjected to all his life, while being both pulled and repelled by his family relationships as he comes to terms with his overwhelming attr
Christy
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed getting the other side of the story, although a few parts were repeated from Through the Fire. This could be a stand alone, but I believe you must read Through the Fire as well. I must admit at first I could only see Evies side of this and was reluctant to give Clay a chance or trust him. I am so glad I did he is in such a tough position and I'm not sure he can leave. It feels like his family has an iron grip on him and he has no choice in his life. I can't wait for the next boo ...more
Dilushani Jayalath
Dec 02, 2015 rated it liked it
*I kindly received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Unfortunately I couldn't finish the book. So relying on my review won't be the best in this case :D

I really liked this book but unfortunately for me I lost it thanks to the fact that I couldn't read for a long time due to work and now its archived -.- I would read it again if I had the chance. The beginning was quite nice and the characters were ok but I guess it's kinda unfair of me rating this without even finishing it
Beacullen
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! It has such a different story idea, that I just loved it. I've never read anything before by the author and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I liked that it wasnt just a cut and dried, boy meets girl, falls in love then gets married and has 2.5 kids. This story is far from that, and FAR more fun. I look forward to more in this series.
SydneyGen
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Clay, He's back again. I fell in love with him and his ability to protect those he loves in the first book Michelle wrote.

This one is an unusual, but cool style of going back, but not really going back.

Clay can be my book boyfriend any time. She weaves a great tale that will keep you turning page after page.

Read it!
Denise
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romances
I am sort of ambivalent about this story. It had all the things a good story should have. Boy, girl, family that wants to keep them apart, some fae and other supernatural creatures. I just didn’t feel it.
Clay is obsessed with Evie, or he would be if he could just find her. She and her father disappeared and he has had no luck figuring out where they went. Finally, a software facial recognition program catches a glimpse of Evie in Charlotte, NC and Clay is off.

Clay’s family is in a secret organiz
Amanda Wise
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!!
I received a copy for an honest review.
At first I was nervous about reading this novel. I LOVED Daughter of Fire, and to read another book about the same story but from a different point of view scared me--other authors have failed at this, but Michelle Irwin did a FANTASTIC job!!!
Not only were we able to see into Clay's heart-we also are able to understand more about their relationship and mourn for Evie & Clay both due to all of the hardship they have endured.
I can not wait
Jan 29, 2016
Michelle
rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2016
Purveyor of words. Creator of worlds. Destroyer of feels.

Once upon a time, Michelle worked in a dreary office with only the voices in her head for company. Now, the voices in her head are characters on the page who will break your heart, lift your spirit, and make you feel like you have found new friends.
More about Michelle Irwin

Son of Rain (4 books)
  • Among the Debris (Son of Rain, #2)
  • Court the Fire (Son of Rain, #3)
  • Living with Embers (Son of Rain, #4)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)