Start by marking “Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)

Fairy Tail, Vol. 02

(Fairy Tail #2)

THE BOOK OF SECRETS

Beautiful celestial wizard Lucy has teamed up with the crazy fire wizard Natsu and his bizarre flying cat, Happy. Their job: to steal a book from the notorious Duke Everlue. But the eccentric Everlue has killed wizards before, and Lucy’s team is walking right into his death trap!
Published March 25th 2008 by Del Rey (first published January 12th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tail, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Roxana Chirilă
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun second volume, with a bit of over-the-top silliness (what was up with Boyoyo?) and a few optimistic life lessons ("Your father loved you!!!"), as well as a bit of a beginning of a bigger arc about evil guilds, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm enjoying the translation notes at the end - I'd love to be able to do that on the books I work on (maybe I should ask people to let me do it...), as well as the author's notes at the end, about how he hopes he'll get to volume three and volume ten is a
✶Rachelle✶
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cheesy, but boy do I love these characters ❤❤😍😍 ...more
Ritika Chhabra
Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

The second volume in Fairy Tail was not as exciting as the first one but still pretty great in its own right. I feel like my rating is justified. For anyone who is familiar with the anime, it starts with the Everlue arc and ends with the hint of the Eisenwald arc. Or well, through part of it. The remaining will probably be touched in the third volume.

What I liked the most about this volume was how it kept the spirit of Fairy Tail alive and gave u
MC
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fairy Tail takes place in a world that is a sort of schizo version of ours. It has a folks dressing in fashions from many different eras, trains exist, and other things so far that seem to place this at no specific era, but a purely fun, fantasy world.

In this world we have our hero and heroine. Well, our main hero and heroine, as this manga starts with loads of characters, and it wouldn't surprise me if it just got worse from there. Anyways, introduced in the first volume, we have our main hero
Jessica Severs
May 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The first thing that struck me about “Fairy Tail” is its high-octane art style that serves up every comic expression like a bullet. Think “One Piece,” but with magic guilds, not pirates.
Each page of this steampunk fantasy series bursts with life, and there’s rarely a lull in the action or comedy, which makes these two volumes fast-paced reads. The characters are either instantly likeable or intriguing.
Lucy, a young wizard who’s not bashful about using her well-endowed, ahem, assets to get her wa
Wing Kee
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Run art, clichéd story.

World: Art is growing on me, the large emotions make me giggle. The world building is solid, it's not to deep and heavy but you can tell that it's be thought about and there is some order to it. I like that the guild is slowly through visuals being built for the reader.

Story: Solid Shonen read with a new mission and a new story. Fairly episodic at this moment and we are still in the introductory part of the tale where new characters come quick. I like the banter and inte
Shar
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I prefered volume one, this was still still yet exceptionally entertaining. I loved the additional characters being introduced however I didn't find the villains to be as good as volume one but it gives us some more depth into the world. It was fun to witness the mission which Erza, Natsu, Gray and Lucy were thrown into in the volume. Already started Volume three.
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, manga
Let's make like a certain YouTube gnome and get riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigt into the review! (Except it's not really a review it's mostly just my thoughts on a few things.)

If you've caught up to Fairy Tail 2014 you might've caught up enough to get to an arc that introduces the existance of "treasure hunter" guilds. Normally this is pretty bad storytelling--to go hundreds of episodes without ever mentioning the fact that there are other kinds of guilds and then expect viewers to just go along with
Anusha Narasimhan
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Two Shonen stereotypes broken down by Fairy Tail:

1. A strong female character
Girls in Shonen are typically weak, particularly at the beginning. Some girls grow strong as the story progresses. If there is a really strong female character, she will either be introduced half way through the series and/or she will be one of the bad guys. In Fairy Tail, Erza is the strongest and scariest woman of the guild and she is introduced as early as volume 2. She isn't just kickass, she is also morally sound a
Connor
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
A ton of fun. Fairy tail is very entertaining, and I love how weird all the characters are! I've watched the first season and a half before starting to read these, and this volume seemed significantly more disjointed than the corresponding episodes of the show. It was a little harder to follow, but still just flat out enjoyable all the way through. Can't wait to read volume 3 which my brother kindly bought for me!
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a fun, quick and easy read. Great artwork, some of the facial expressions are so funny. The characters are all so different, yet go perfectly together.
Plus a magic book..... what more could you want.
Joy
Nov 23, 2009 rated it liked it
I laughed out loud at Lucy's horror when she realized what the villain had been up to, but was still frequently annoyed by the fan service. *sigh* If Mashima would just tone it down a little...
Soline
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vo-read
Erza makes her first appearance in this volume. Such a badass entrance. But we have yet to see her use her incredible abilities !
Abby
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-read-again
Still getting used to the "cutesy" aspect manga entails, but I understand that it's part of the genre. This installment involves Natsu, Lucy, and Happy taking a job to steal and destroy a book for a high-paying client. We're also introduced to Ezra and a new guild of wizards. Plenty of action along with fun moments.
Sayjay Staples
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
literally couldn't put this down until i finished. adore the art style and characters very much
Riku
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m really curious to the magic of Erza.
Kanna Ogihara
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There were many funny scenes and Happy is also funny. I love it! Especially, the members of ugly mades were awesome lol.
R.C. Rejino
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
4.5 out of 5 stars.

This volume is another reread for me, and boy, does a lot of it really still hold up. This volume consists of Natsu and Lucy's first big mission together as they attempt to recover a novel from a rich guy's mansion to destroy it, only to discover everything is not as it seems. Once we finish that mission, Lucy gets to meet Fairy Tail's own Erza, who is one of the strongest wizards ever. Erza, however, needs to help of Grey and Natsu (and by extention, Happy and Lucy) to invest
Jay
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I'd like this series when I first saw it and read the title of it. Just thought it was going to be boring to say the least. But I gave it a shot and now I can't wait to start reading volume 3. I see that there are over 40 volumes so I'm assuming it's an amazing series and that I'm in for an awesome adventurous ride!
Maggie
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating; 4,5 stars

The first one was so good, I just couldn't rate it the same as Volume 1. It probably deserved a 5 still soo... Whatever xD

I have to be honest, the evil characters kind of creeped me out, NOT in a good way... Their designs were so weird, but I assume it was meant this way. Just really creepy tho o-o

So honestly, I didn't think I'd love this one... At all.
The whole thing is about stealing and burning a book in this mansion where a (ugly creepy) Mayor lives, as well as his ma
Belinda
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I saw these books recommended in a Goodreads review. It's similar to Full Metal Alchemist, but with a super pretty girly with long legs and a mini skirt as character No 1. She's accompanied by some bloke and a cat. It's a little bit Meowth from Pokemon except he says "Aye" all the time as if he's straight from Scotland.

They go out to do missions. They're a little bit like Harry Potter, except these are fairies instead of wizards and witches. At times this particular volume got truly bizarre with
David
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much.This is so much cooler than I expected.It has a mix with romance action and comedy.I do recommend this book to people that likes cartoons,action,and comedy.I like the adventures that Natsu and Lucy and all the other people have.I really recommend this to people that love anime.
Natsu Dragneel
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kodansha-comics
I saw Fairy Tail in my brother's library when I was still staying with my mom. I saw this and thought "This look too boring..." BUT I WAS WRONG! Fairy Tail is the best series Anime or Manga, It doesn't matter! (See... when I forget the date I read Manga or any other book, I put the date that is today!)
Julie theriault
it was good, fairy tail manga is always good
Jim Karagkounis
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Better than the first volume. Nice action and comedy. Totally recommend it.
Micha
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Happy just looks high on the cover...
Karen
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, manga
I love Fairy Tail, the characters are the best.
Dayana Gonzalez
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So funny! XD I love Natsu and Gray
Rachel
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ch. 5-9: Ok what is up with Kaby Melon, the person who wants Natsu and Lucy to steal and destroy the book "Day Break" from the Duke of Everlue, looking like Hitler? Also I find it kind of hilarious that Lucy gets rejected from being Everlue's maid because she's too ugly, especially after you see all the other ladies that made it. Natsu and Lucy break into the Duke's house to steal and destroy the book, only for her to realize it was a completely unknown book by Zakua Melon , and she totally skip ...more
Paul Spence
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Fairy Tail* takes place in a world that is a sort of schizo version of ours. It has a folks dressing in fashions from many different eras, trains exist, and other things so far that seem to place this at no specific era, but a purely fun, fantasy world.

In this world we have our hero and heroine. Well, our main hero and heroine, as this manga starts with loads of characters, and I hear it just adds more and more from there. Anyways, introduced in the first volume, we have our main hero Natsu and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Roleplay Central~: Guild Hall 168 23 Oct 26, 2013 05:16PM
Roleplay Central~: Magnolia city 1 6 Dec 21, 2012 10:45PM

• Ich kann mir vorstellen, wir ihr euch fühlt! (One Piece, #45)
  • Black Cat, Volume 05
  • Beelzebub 02
  • Naruto, Vol. 47: The Seal Destroyed (Naruto, #47)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.

Fairy Tail (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail, #9)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)