Start by marking “The Sun in Her Eyes” as Want to Read:
The Sun in Her Eyes

The Sun in Her Eyes

Blinding sunshine… A bend in the road… What became of the little girl with the sun in her eyes?

Amber was three when a car crash stole her mother's life. She doesn't remember the accident, but a stranger at the scene has been unable to forget. Now, almost thirty years later, she's trying to track Amber down.

Amber, meanwhile, is married to Ned and living on the other side
Published May 21st 2015 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about The Sun in Her Eyes, please sign up.
Bieke I bought this book on Amazon and I've read it on the Kindle app.

Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4.25 Stars
I enjoy women's fiction, but it is not my favourite genre. Its not often I get totally engrossed in it. But today, I couldn't put this book down. Every second that my son had his eyes closed today, my eyes were buried in this novel. Thank goodness he still has a day nap! When he was awake and we were going about our day, I was still thinking about it, and I picked it up again as soon as he went to bed tonight to finish it! I thought it was great.

Amber is 29 and living in London with he
Did you ever watch the movie The Good Girl with Jennifer Aniston?
description
The Sun in Her Eyes reminded me a lot of this movie. Well, the events are totally different but it reminded me of the overall theme: Can someone still be a good person (and feel like one) in light of his/her mistakes?

Paige Toon's The Sun in Her Eyes offers excellent discussion for fans of women's fiction. Do we still really know old friends after the years have taken their toll? Is the grass actually greener or are we just bored?
Agi
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, favourite
Lately I became Paige Toon's massive fan, and I am always waiting impatiently for her new releases every year. I will be honest with you, it was not always like that, but the last few books - "The Sun in Her Eyes" included - have just had me hooked. I don't know, maybe I've just grown up to absolutely appreciate her books?

Amber is living in the UK with her husband. She's a maths teacher, but the last years she's been working as a broker, and has just been made redundant. On the same day she als
Nina
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Just like all of Paige Toon's other books, this was a very quick and overall enjoyable read. But I think I've said this before about books with similar topics and I also have to say it about "The Sun in her Eyes", I do have a problem with cheating in books.
Well, I don't necessarily have a problem with it, especially not if it just happens once in a book and if characters are honest about it. But I do have a problem with it once cheating becomes a big part of the plot of a novel and is used as a
Catriona
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am really not very good at putting what I feel into words, but I'll give it a go...

We all know how I feel about this author. Anyone who has been following me for a while will know that Paige Toon is my favourite author and I love all of her books and this new release certainly did not disappoint.

I started this this morning and it took me about 4 hours to read - which is about how long it took me to read all of her other books. Whilst reading this, I started with the impression that I would no
Rea Cobb
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have read all of Paige Toon’s books and eagerly await the release of her new book each year. As soon as The Sun in Her Eyes landed on my door mat I had to stop my current read and start reading it straight away!

Amber has just been made redundant but she doesn’t have time to sit and wallow as she receives a phone call to say her father who lives in Australia has had a stroke so she has to fly over to help him but her husband Ned has work commitments and can not join her.
Back in her childhood ho
Book Addict Shaun
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I started reading The Sun in Her Eyes one lazy afternoon and read almost half of the book in one sitting. Our main character is Amber and not long after being made redundant, she receives a phone call from Australia telling her that her father has had a stroke. She heads Down Under pretty much straightaway, leaving behind husband Ned and heading straight for Ethan, the gorgeous, green-eyed man she once fell for, but who never loved her back... Australia is a country that I really want to visit, ...more
Tiffani  Johnson
This is one of the absolute worst books I had to endure ever. Honestly. If I could have given it 0 stars I would.

The main character, Amber (why oh why does she have my middle name?), is one of the most selfish literary persons I have ever come across and I really would like to just slap her once or twice. A third time just because she's that horrible.

Amber's father, who lives in Australia while she's in London, has suffered a stroke so she flies out to go see him and help his partner, Liz, take
Hannah
Jo
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I love Paige Toon books & this is only the second or third I’ve read so I have a few to go at!! Read this while sitting round the pool in November - perfect way to spend a couple of days.
Great story about Alice who goes back to Australia from London when her Dad has a stroke her marriage to Ned has been a struggle in the last year so when she meets up with her old friends from school including Ethan who has been her life long crush her head is all over the place. Great read!
Leanne Crabtree
This is my fourth or fifth book by the author and I have to admit my least favourite. I even liked Thirteen Weddings better and that didn't even have the ending I wanted but the story and characters got to me more.

I can't say I felt anything for Amber, maybe the fact that she was already married from the start and in a somewhat good marriage with Ned made me a little uncomfortable with what was going on with Ethan. If Ned hadn't been in the picture I would have been all over the Ethan and Amber
Jule
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I have very mixed feelings about the story in this book. I adore Paige Toon and can easily recommend any of her books to others, this one is no exception. Nevertheless, I still don't know what to think of the story. Without spoiling anything, the beginning of the story reminded me a little of Lucy In The Sky, but things would have been too obvious (unfaithful husband, childhood crush in Australia, etc.). While reading, I (almost) threw the book at the wall/subway/passenger several times, because ...more
Yvonne Morgan
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
l enjoy reading Paige Toon books and this was no exception...The storyline was good and drew me in from the beginning ... I liked that it was mainly set in Australia.
On the whole the characters were believable and l enjoyed reading how they developed throughout the book ...but must say the main character Amber slightly annoyed me at times...and during the book found l had a love hate relationship going on...but it did not stop me from enjoying it ...in fact l do think it added to the experience.
Leah
May 09, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
I just can't do it. I am such a big fan of Paige Toon but after 10 books the love triangles are starting to get boring. I never thought I would say that, buts it's true. I despise love triangles and just couldn't let myself get into this. Not to mention, Amber's a bit horrible isn't she? Her dad's had a stroke and she's more worried about seeing Ethan and one upping Liz. Dead mature. I miss the magic of Pictures of Lily and Chasing Daisy. :(
Tina Manuel
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Getting pretty bored with all Paige Toon books are basically the same!
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hurrah! Hallelujah! And all manner of other exciting exclamations…PAIGE IS BACK!

After waiting a whole bloomin’ year for another delight from Toon, I couldn’t wait to tuck into her latest offering when the very lovely Dawn from Simon & Schuster sent me an early copy. I wish Paige was in some way super-human so she could write a new book every week – I just can’t get enough of her writing!

The Sun In Her Eyes centres around Amber who, after hearing her dad has suffered with a stroke, flies back
Luise
Sep 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god, I really wanted to like this book. But I couldn't.
I was annoyed right away by Amber's reaction in the beginning. You just lost your job AND your dad had a stroke and you immediately have those "mixed feelings" about Ethan before you even set off to Australia? Ah, ok.
And those exaggerating thoughts about Ethan is single/ omg I love him/ oh no but I'm married/ I love my husband/ but I never stopped loving Ethan. Bla. I can't handle those people. I just checked: It had been the same with
Simona
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Ok, yes I’m a big Paige Toon fan and I was waiting for this like a little child! Paige has a way to engage me as a reader and she did it again with this one!!!

The story follows Amber Church, who returns to Australia after her father had a stroke. She lives in London, with her husband Ned, bad sadly he couldn’t join her. He is busy with work and always goes for drinks with his boss Zara. Amber doesn’t like this… She also was just be
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
4 stars!

Another ChickLit novel that I picked up on a impulse buy without quite knowing what the story was all about. This is my first novel that I've read by Paige Toon but not the first novel that I've purchased that is written by her.

The Sun In Her Eyes divides time between Adelaide, South Australia and London, UK. For Amber, she is happily married to Ned but after being made redundant from her job and receiving a telephone call from Liz, a woman she has grown up with as Amber's dad's partner
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
[Disclaimer: Digital ARC received from Netgalley and the Publishers in exchange for an honest review]

I have read a couple of Paige Toon's previous books so I was fairly excited when I was approved to to read this on Netgalley. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy this one as much as I have done her other works.

I spent a good chunk of the beginning of the book wondering when we were going to get to the letter that is referenced in the blurb and at the very start of the book as I thought this was going to
Mazmum
May 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I normally love Paige's work but I just didn't gel with this book. The female protaganist is self absorbed and I struggled to find anything to like about her, and if she was stood in front of me, i'd have probably punched her. Her childhood sweetheart is just awful and her husband is a bit of a wet weekend. I just couldn't find it in myself to care what happened to any of them. And there's my problem, because if I cannot like or care about the central characters then I really struggle reading a ...more
Bookevin
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review: https://bookevin.wordpress.com/

So what can we truly expect from a Paige Toon novel? The quintessential love triangle? The headstrong, independent heroine? The utterly dishy hero? All of the above? The Sun in Her Eyes is Paige Toon’s tenth novel and it still stays true to her perfect recipe for a delicious read. It captured my attention from the first page and kept me hooked throughout the entire book, with unexpected twists and turns.
Shaz Goodwin
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved The Longest Holiday and really enjoyed Thirteen Weddings but The Sun in Her Eyes didn't work the same magic for me.

It was a read I could put down, didn't think about and did other things when I would normally have a book in my hand.

I did like it though. It was an easy read with no surprises.

Full review coming soon.
Lesley Book Lover
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I love Paige Toon, her books draw you in, such good writing, can't wait for her next book now.
Wendy Luvers
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Complex chicklit with various conflicting emotions colliding. Sometimes chicklit gets very foreseeable. Enjoyable nonetheless but quite predictably. The genre also likes the easy way out way too often. The boyfriend or husband turns out to be a cheater so heroine can pursue her own new love interest with some sort of justification.
Toon has written stories like this.
This one isnt one of them and thats why I think its great. Heroine Amber is in a mix of various conflicting emotions, a marriage gon
Nina
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book picked up pace quickly and got me hooked in easily. However I thought there was going to be a bigger twist and more of a dramatic ending. Enjoyable read though if you want something lighthearted to help you switch off.
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐⭐ Not a great start, but essential for the rest of the story. This book had my heart in my mouth and tears in my eyes so many times. Out of all her books this one is the most realistic. ...more
Darleen
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
» Review can also be found on Orchids & Amethysts.

Title: The Sun In Her Eyes
Author: Paige Toon
Rating: 4/5

Amber, meanwhile, is married to Ned and living on the other side of the world in Lo
Lisa
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy to get to know the characters of this book which enables you enjoy the story as it unfolds. The first book I have read by Paige Toon but will keep an eye out for her other titles.
Lucy Thomas
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was an easy read, though I felt it was a bit predictable, and a bit too much of a happy ending. Having said that I wanted something light hearted and easy to pick up and put down, and it fit the bill.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Searching for a Silver Lining
  • Party Games
  • A Girl's Best Friend (A Girl #3)
  • Then. Now. Always.
  • The Love Shack
  • Me and You
  • Written in the Stars
  • Last Dance in Havana
  • Now That I've Found You
  • The Day We Disappeared
  • From Notting Hill with Four Weddings . . . Actually (Actually, #3)
  • Christmas at Claridge's
  • The Woman Who Fell in Love for a Week
  • House of Dreams
  • The Summer House by the Sea
  • The Heavenly Italian Ice Cream Shop
  • Make My Wish Come True
  • Summer Daydreams
I was born in 1975 and my dad’s career as a racing driver meant that I grew up between Australia, England and America. I worked at heat magazine for eight years as Reviews Editor, but left to have a baby. I’m now a full-time author and freelance journalist. I live in North London with my husband Greg, son Indy and daughter Idha.