Start by marking “Spermler Erkekten, Yumurtalar Kadından” as Want to Read:
Spermler Erkekten, Yumurtalar Kadından

Spermler Erkekten, Yumurtalar Kadından

Astroloji bize pek bir şey anlatmaz, oysa biyoloji her şeyi anlatır.
Spermler erkeklerden, yumurtalar kadınlardan. Erkekler ile
kadınların arasındaki farkın gerçek sebebi işte bu.
Published December 2008 by Pilli Yayınevi (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Spermler Erkekten, Yumurtalar Kadından, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spermler Erkekten, Yumurtalar Kadından

Ransom Stephens
Jan 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joe Quirk dances away from all the problems with self-help books, embraces the good parts of science books, and blends in his own character. The result is a hilarious ride through science with lots of "give me pause" and "change my perspective" that self-help books try to deliver. My favorite part was the "aquatic ape" theory. The best line in the book, Pg 138 "...in order to orgasm, some women need to concentrate, and some men, to put off orgasm, need to think about something else. My method is ...more
Terri
Why do men (and women too) do what they do? This book tells all and with a great deal of humor. My husband read it and convinced me to do the same. What I found is that he had read a lot of it out loud to me already. Why do men do that?

Oh yeah. A disturbing fact I learned from this book. Menopausal women have no waist. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I love my waist. Please don't take it!
Bruno-Ken
Sep 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
written by an amateur biologist with no PhD (like Aristotle) and one novel under his belt, who, though not gay, has a brain that is more similar to the typical female brain than to the typical male brain, and who has the "manny" (male nanny) credentials to prove it.

would like to follow up on this hilarious, thought-provoking and often outrageous book by reading some of the research it is based on. but if half of it is true, despite some slightly sloppy reasoning in some areas, it definitely is w
Lizzie
Jul 05, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: self-help junkies
What a hoot! Over the years i've probably read 50+ self-help books of one kind or another in hopes of understanding just WTF makes guys act the way they do (and why I act so nuts around them...) In short, pithy chapters, Joe Quirk spells it out: Men are dogs; women nurture, and when the two meet, it's a battle of nature to see who wins out. Can't say it comforted me too much, but it did make me laugh out loud, and that's the best remedy of all.
Marti
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm almost done with this book, which my mother recommended and lent to me. I was skeptical at first, but it is a humorous romp through the world of amateur anthropology/biology while touching on some insights into male and female behavior. A grain of salt is needed at times, but overall, this is and interesting look at motivation and perspective as dictated and designed by our intrinsic goals to either spread our genes or compete for the best genes available.
Glenn
Sep 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, biology
A look at sexuality and why men and women behave the way they do when it comes to romance. Joe Quirk cites many research studies both in the animal and human realm to support his statements, but it is not done in a dry textbook style, but in a humorous way, so you can learn and get some enlightenment in a fun way by reading this book.
Jamie L
Why do Men have Three Nipples + Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus + He's Just Not That Into You = this book. Thus far, it's been quick, fun, informative...hoping it stays on track!

The author is not a doctor (of any degree) or biologist or archeologist...just did a TON of reasearch.

Stayed quick, informative and fun.
Aydın Şen
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Türkçesi Pilli Yayınları'ndan çıkan başarılı bir çeviri.
Esprili anlatımı, kendiyle, cinsiyle, karşı cinsle dalga geçmesi. Bilimsel bilgileri esprili/halk diliyle anlatması açısından hem eğlendirici hem de arasıra "hass.ktir" dedirten bir kitap.
Sabio
Jul 15, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary of research on how evolution makes male and female brains different. Quick read and simple though I have only started. Put it down because it is mostly stuff I already know. But if your haven't read on this stuff, this is a nice place to start.
Yakking Yogini
Jun 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
The title says it all, what more is there to say? Men and women are just different and here's why. Anthropological take spoken with candor and humor. Loved it!
Emma
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book - It was enlightening, hilarious and highly educational! I will carry on the knowledge I got from this through life.
Mike/
Hilariously insightful :)
Aimee Davidson
Feb 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
so glad to have stumbled onto this book. full of information, yet really easy to read. the author makes it a pleasure to learn about sexual differences among species.
Lydia Peever
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great tone. An easy, fun, and informative read.
JV
Jul 23, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It'd be an interesting book for high schoolers to learn a few things about the birds and/or bees from, if there were any citations whatsoever.
Sarah Mendes
Funny book, but sometimes I got a little bored with all those fun facts about humans and monkeys.
Doug
Feb 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and full of fascinating information from Evolutionary biology & psychology as well as tales from the modern concrete jungle.
Michelle