Start by marking “June Jenson and the Shield of Quell” as Want to Read:
June Jenson and the Shield of Quell

June Jenson and the Shield of Quell

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
June Jenson, an accomplished Oxford professor, has spent her life trying to get out from under the shadow of her infamous grandfather: a renowned archaeologist accused of stealing a relic during an excavation at Sutton-Hoo. When a secret alliance recruits June to guard priceless artifacts she realizes that this is her chance to contribute to the history she loves and rid h ...more
Published April 16th 2015 by Emily Harper

To ask other readers questions about June Jenson and the Shield of Quell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about June Jenson and the Shield of Quell

Jessica
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well now, this was a lot of fun! I already knew that June and I would get along famously. After all, she's an accomplished Oxford professor, loves her grumpy old grandfather, and simply wants to make a name for herself in the world of archaeology. What's not to love? My only hope was that her journey would be just as exciting as she was shaping up to be. Happily, that was exactly the case!

Massive love goes to Emily Harper for crafting such enjoyable characters. Although I already knew I'd love J
BestChickLit.com
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a fan of Emily Harper then you’ll know she writes a wicked romcom. This time, however, she’s brought readers something a little different, something more action/adventure, and my god does she do it well!

I honestly wasn’t sure what to expect when I cracked this book open. I knew Emily had strayed from her usual path but, seeing as Emily is one of my all-time favourite authors, I was excited and intrigued by the change. What I got was a gripping yet very witty story that I could not put
Agi
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I am a massive fan of Emily Harper. Like, MASSIVE. I loved everything that I'd read that she has written and I can be sure that each time I am for a real treat, and that I'm going to laugh out loud more often that I can imagine (so yes, maybe reading it on a bus or a train is not the best idea, though if the strange looks of your fellow traveller are not a problem for you, than go ahead. I would :) ).

Having said that, I also had a feeling that this book is a little different to the previous ones
books are love
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a fun fun entertaining book. We have action with the quest to find the shield and prove that June and her grandfather did not steal it. We have the cabbie who can’t finish a script but wants in on the adventure. We have a little romance with the cabbie and June and we have two friends find their way to each other after a rift.

June is adorable. She doesn’t date because she sees no point. She spends her days teaching history and taking care of her grandfather. She wishes to join the Alliance
Sophie
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Posted in full http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2015...

Emily Harper writes the kind of fast-paced, witty and quirky novels that always leave me with a smile on my face. June Jenson and the Shield of Quell was no exception to that, but a little bit different and my favourite of her novels so far. So, where do I start? This is a hugely action-packed book and it's all kinds of ridiculous, in the best sense. I didn't get chance to catch a breath with all the crazy happenings, one after another, but
Alba
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on: http://www.albainbookland.com/2015/05...

I've always found the world of Archaeology fascinating, being able to uncover traditions, ways of life and customs from hundreds of years ago just with some artifacts and remains is amazing, so when I read that Emily Harper's new one was all about relics, false accusations and a chase for the truth with a more geeky heroine I couldn't be more excited.

June Jenson is as lovable as all of Emily Harper's heroines. She always creates such
Shaz Goodwin
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
With June receiving a phone call meaning she has to leave the home she shares with her grandfather Albert Arthur Jenson, we're introduced to his idiosyncrasies as he just can't be left alone. Taxi driver Griffin is tasked with minding him while June attends her appointment at the The Ashmolean. Albert alludes him though and what happens next starts off a crazy and action packed quest for June to prove her grandfather's innocence.

Emily Harper either knows about archaeology, history and the Sutton
Danielle Urban
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emily Harper has surprised me with a wonderful world of mystery, intrigue and a bit of romance. I would like to see more romance between June Jensen and another character. June's personality made me warm up to her instantly. I was taken with her story. Her family, her grandfather, was accused of stealing a relic. Then, the plot gets more interesting by the seconds, when June, herself is put on a job to guard this same relic. However, it goes missing again, and saving her family name will prove m ...more
Heidi
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am normally not easily swayed by book titles, but on this occasion it actually was the title that intrigued me and made me want to pick this novel up, plus I had read a few books by this author before that I really enjoyed.

For me, Emily Harper has a very distinctive writing style and all of her books have something in common – they contain a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, feisty, opinionated and loveable heroines and a fast-paced action filled storyline.

It took me a few chapters to really get
Gabriella
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, amusing and fun.

I'm a fan of Emily Harper, and I really like all of her previous books. I wasn't sure what to expect about this one, but I enjoyed it just as much as the others. It's a bit different, this one is more of a whodunit type of novel, as usual with the quirky characters we expect from this author. Not a lot of romance though, that's the only thing I would add, because as it is, there really was not a lot of romantic chemistry between June and Griffin.
Overall a great star
Emily Ferko
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely read ! Emily Harper has done it again - she's created a likeable, quirky, fun and whimsical main character who we root for - but she's also changed it up a bit this time! June Jenson is University Professor who loves artefacts - and finds herself caught up in a decade old conspiracy plot that has her working to clear her family's good name. This one has intrigue, adventure, wit, humour....even some spy novel elements! All the while keeping Harper's signature voice and of course - a ...more
Chickabeegrrl
May 20, 2015
Lynda May
Jul 14, 2015
Emily Harper
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Basia
rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2015
Michele
Linda Bruer
Sandy
Mar 04, 2015
  • Above Expectations - My Story: An Unlikely Journey from Almost Failing High School to Becoming a College Professor
  • Autism Breakthrough: The Groundbreaking Method That Has Helped Families All Over the World
  • The Storm and the Darkness (House of Crimson and Clover 0.8)
  • It's Just a Little Crush (The Lizzie Hart Mysteries, #1)
  • Hoofing It
  • Total Blueprint for World Domination
  • Running From Forever (The Forever Series, #5)
  • Dead Dreams (Dead Dreams, #1)
  • The Cost of the Dream (Gastien, #1)
  • Resilient
  • The Devil's Claim (Devil's Kiss, #2)
  • Arielle Immortal Awakening (Immortal Rapture #1)
  • Witch Finder (Witch Finder, #1)
  • The Modigliani Girl
  • The Angry Woman Suite
  • Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!
  • An Irish Miracle
  • Happiness Quotes: Inspirational Picture Quotes about Happiness, #1
Emily Harper has a passion for writing humorous romance stories where the heroine is not your typical damsel in distress. Throughout her novels you will find love, laughter, and the unexpected!

Originally from England, she currently lives in Canada with her wonderful husband, beautiful daughter, mischievous son, and a very naughty dog.
More about Emily Harper...