Start by marking “Four Emperors (Four Emperors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Four Emperors (Four Emperors, #1)

Four Emperors

(Four Emperors #1)

Murder, mayhem, and sexy supernatural shenanigans take center stage in FOUR EMPERORS, Evan Allen’s witty, steamy tale of intrigue in the Emerald City.

When a young waiter at Seattle’s hottest nightclub vanishes, Alex Lin—private eye by day, reckless party boy by night—goes undercover to find him. After Alex clashes with the club’s sinister yet seductive owner, Daniel Bitte
Published January 16th 2015 by Luft Books

To ask other readers questions about Four Emperors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Emperors

Kassa
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it

So I chose this book without reading the summary because the publisher sent an intriguing inquiry for me to review it. I liked the email so I gave the book a shot. I’m glad I did because it’s rather entertaining and decently written. This is definitely a series I’d continue with, if I can remember it whenever the sequel gets released. The story is fun, energetic and whimsical with enough supernatural danger to keep things interesting. The only complaints I have are that in keeping the
F.
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was surprisingly good for a free, first book. No cliffhanger as such but no real end just left open for further stories. Enjoyed reading it as it flowed nicely. No real drama or nail biting.
3.5 upped to 4 for GR.
Jeffrey Powanda
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Urban gay fantasy/mystery set in Seattle featuring a slutty, gay, half-Chinese protagonist. Put these things together and you have a book with narrow appeal. But I’m a gay reader in Seattle with an interest in Chinese folklore, so I enjoyed it. Four Emperors is smoothly written, has a likable main character, Alex Lin, and it features wonderful descriptions of Seattle, like the following description of the International district:

“We walked down the block to an organic coffeehouse wedged in betwee
Donene Hayley
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story was well written and the plot engaging. I am looking forward to the 2nd book. I really think there is more to Alex than meets the eye. Much like the other characters, I get the feeling he is reincarnated as well just from the way everyone around him gets involved with him - they can't help themselves. Beginning with Liam.
Melissa
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice

Cute, face paced, fun. It was a good story. It had some nice creativity, well done sex scenes. Not shy or overdone. I hope the author takes the time to slow down and make the characters more fleshed out. Probably my not rating it higher has more to do with personal preference than anything. If you want some fun reading and a little break from reality this is a good book for it.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
My review is in spoiler tags because it hasn't been edited yet. It probable has too much negative stuff as that's what I tend to think to write down. If I'm enjoying myself, I don't want to stop reading!

There could be actual spoilers, though, so you've been warned.

(view spoiler)
Furio
This M/M mystery novella is certainly professionally written and has a nice rhythm to it that, together with the proficient characterization, sets it apart from most indie efforts. With little work it could be turned into a successful script for a light-weight action film; it will not, as the masses are not ready for a blockbuster featuring a rather promiscuous gay man, but it could.

That said, I would not dig any further in search for other assets as there are none: the plot does not stand too c
Lois - Who Reads
This book is just plain fun. The main character, Alex, is hysterically funny (and by his own account maybe a little slutty). I was hooked from the first couple of pages, the story is fast moving, and full of lots of twists and turns. The bad guys are strangely charming, nothing is quite how it seems, and everything seems to revolve around Alex. I will definitely be reading the rest of this series.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Solid 4.5. Alex is kind of slutty and falls in to bed pretty easily even when he knows it's not the best decision. I enjoy the paranormal aspect of the story as well. Looks like Daniel is getting what he got back in the beginning. I hope there will be a next book and it's as good as this one. There isn't really a cliffhanger but there isn't closure and the "bad" guy is still out there.
Zee♥
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read with an interesting story line. I loved the supernatural parts of it. The main character Alex was likable but his sluttiness got on my nerves. I had to keep reminding myself that he was only 22 years old with some of the crazy decisions he made. But the mystery and characters kept me engaged until the end. I would read book 2.
Outi
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Funny story about a young PI, who might be a little slutty. Written with humour and funny characters, all it needed was a bit more depth to be excellent.
Carminex3
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good stuff. Enjoy the pacing. Always interesting. Going to head to the next book now :)
Lori Carter
Apr 08, 2015
Meklit Teklu
Sep 04, 2016

Four Emperors (2 books)
  • Three Warlords (Four Emperors Book 2)