Start by marking “The New Age of Innovation” as Want to Read:
The New Age of Innovation

The New Age of Innovation

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Named one of the "Best Books on Innovation, 2008" by BusinessWeek magazine

From the greatest minds in business today comes a groundbreaking new blueprint for executing the next stage of customer-created value. C.K. Prahalad, the world's premier business thinker, and IT scholar M.S. Krishnan unveil the critical missing link in connecting strategy to execution--building organ
Published April 29th 2008 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published February 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The New Age of Innovation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Age of Innovation

Mike
Jan 31, 2009 rated it it was ok
It did present some interesting ideas about the future of innovation and how companies will be organized in the future. The whole idea of N=1 and R=G seems to be pretty valid. I see companies moving that way, but I don't think that all of them will or can.
I think he rambled on a little too long. The concluding chapter wasn't all that bad, and I think it expressed his main points pretty well. That chapter could have been the whole book and you wouldn't miss much. However, the other chapters did h
Mark Oppenlander
C.K. Prahalad has been described as one of he most influential management theorists in the world, and perhaps because of that, I expected more from this book on innovation in 21st century business. At its heart however, this book really comes down to just one major insight, which Prahalad and his co-author M.S. Krishnan explore from a number of different angles. Nonetheless, the concept is an interesting one and I still enjoyed the book.

The idea at the core of the book is simply this: The author
Jay Roberts, CFP®, CRPC ®
This book is an odd one. I liked the content, and the ideas presented. In fact, I forwarded several of the ideas and examples found in the book to my corporate office for consideration. The problem is, for some reason, the book reads choppy. It jumps from one company to another, citing examples of what they are doing in relation to the thesis, but these citations lack depth.

Still, there are stellar ideas inside this book. You would need to cherry pick ideas from the book. I think everyone could
Pradit Pinyopasakul
I got this book in 2014 from an intensive five-month program in which Prof. Krishnan, one of the co-authors, was a coach.
This book focuses on the new concepts of value creation - building organizational capabilities to co-create unique experiences
with customers, one at a time (N=1); and by utilizing global network of resources (R=G). Resilient business processes and
focused analytics are defined as the glue to transform ideas into competitive operations by linking technical architecture (informat
Charlotte
Nov 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Some great ideas, but as others mentioned, the book gets quite "rambling" after a certain point. I actually ended up skipping large chunks of it because of a lack of a strong tone and repetitive ideas. If you want a quick, effective read with the same concept, I suggest "free prize inside" by Seth Godin
Jay Roberts, CFP®, CRPC ®
American English is not the author's native language, which makes this book difficult. However, there are a ton of great ideas in this book. The only problem, most businesses that can afford them are too bureaucratic to implement them.
Tony
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
solid examples from India and US that exemplify the future of business innovation: co-creation of personalized experience, melting of hardware software and services into 1. nice mathematical like acronym N=1, R=G.
Martin
Aug 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Good
Tiffany
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like this book because it brings out the value if business process and converges ideas and concepts that are often explored separately.
Ville-veikko Litmanen
Worth of reading, with few new and inspiring views. Mayby slightly missleading title, as this discusses more about business models and how to fullfil single customer needs with global resources.
Karthik
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant book on the new business paradigm. Highly insightful and new insights.
Gary Koelling
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Other Side of Innovation: Solving the Execution Challenge
  • Future Files: 5 Trends That Will Shape the Next 50 Years
  • Strategy Safari: A Guided Tour Through The Wilds of Strategic Mangament
  • What the Customer Wants You to Know: How Everybody Needs to Think Differently about Sales
  • The Design of Business: Why Design Thinking is the Next Competitive Advantage
  • The New Positioning: The Latest on the World's #1 Business Strategy
  • What Matters Now: How to Win in a World of Relentless Change, Ferocious Competition, and Unstoppable Innovation
  • The Medici Effect: What Elephants and Epidemics Can Teach Us about Innovation
  • Ten Deadly Marketing Sins: Signs and Solutions
  • The Ten Faces of Innovation: IDEO's Strategies for Defeating the Devil's Advocate and Driving Creativity Throughout Your Organization
  • Mavericks At Work
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating And Profiting from Technology
  • Innovation Nation: How America Is Losing Its Innovation Edge, Why It Matters, and What We Can Do to Get It Back
  • Macrowikinomics: Rebooting Business and the World
  • Nuts!
  • The Lords of Strategy: The Secret Intellectual History of the New Corporate World
  • The Design of Future Things
was the Paul and Ruth McCracken Distinguished University Professor of Corporate Strategy at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business in the University of Michigan, USA.