Start by marking “Truth & Tenderness (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #6)” as Want to Read:
Truth & Tenderness (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #6)

Truth & Tenderness

(Faith, Love & Devotion #6)

Newly promoted police captain Evan Cerelli takes command of his own precinct as Matt Haight’s security business begins to expand at a rapid rate. Both of their careers require more and more of their time—away from home and each other. When his most famous clients, Daisy and Bennett Ames, suffer a traumatic breakup, Matt is drawn into a dangerous and dramatic situation. Wit ...more
Published May 1st 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Truth & Tenderness, please sign up.
Tere Michaels Book 5 is Blessed - it is currently available packaged with the reprint of Cherish, from Dreamspinner Press. Thanks!

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

**11/15/18 - Time for a reread!! Just picked up the audiobook to get ready for the release of Book 7 next month! This is one of my favorite series and I'm sooooo looking forward to spending some time with Evan, Matt, Jim, and Griffin again! ♥ ♥ ♥

***********************************
***4.75 Stars***

Well fuck....this book put me through the emotional ringer at times....but HOT DAMN did it give me the most satisfying and heartwarming conclusion and epilogue for two amazing couples! Evan & Matt a
Martin
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
description

I'm so gonna miss Matt & Evan. It took me almost one and a half years to finish their last book. I used to tell myself that the reason why I kept pushing it to the side is the fact that Matt and Evan had reached their HEA already and watching a happy couple be happy isn't the most exciting read. Besides, I never grew very fond of Jim and Griffin and their story. Yeah. So the book rested on my 'to be finished later' pile.

Now I finished it and I'm in tears, mainly because it seems that this is
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Better, but not a lot*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Why do I feel like there could be coming more books? And why do I feel like Jim Shea and his fiancé Griffin Drake got a more closed ending than newly promoted police captain of Midtown South Evan Cerelli (38?) and former cop turned security consultant and a househusband Matthew ‘Matt’ ‘Matty’ Haight (49?)? I literally don't care for Jim and Griffin, and I skipped their parts, so it bothered me a lot that they got more in this book than Matt and Evan. I did l
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
WHAT?!

Are you Flippin kidding me...you better not be playin with me!

Mat & Evan were the first guys I had the pleasure of reading. I am BEYOND EFF'N EXCITED for this book!
===================================

*thoughts soon!*
Alvin
Thank God for that Happy ending!...

...Because the story was stressful from the middle to the end. A lot of clusterfuck happened AT THE SAME TIME. It almost feels like drowning and I want a breather from the story at times.

Another thing, there were a lot of rehashing of relationship issues from the previous books that made me a little annoyed. Aren't they over it already? It made Casper's entry to the story welcome even though he's such a dick. Lol! XD

Again, like Cherish & Blessed, I liked
Ezinwanyi
3.5 stars.

This sixth book started off with the official ceremony of the newly promoted Captain Evan Cerelli. All the usual suspects were present including a pleasant Miranda with her boyfriend Kent. It was a festive event, but it quickly became evident that Evan’s new position would impinge on his boyfriend Matt Haight’s ability to be devote adequate time to his security business. The more Evan’s time and attention was required at his office, the more Evan reverts back to old habits off dumping
Kaje Harper
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story features two of my very favorite men - Matt and Evan from Faith & Fidelity. It also features Griffin and Jim, and a host of secondary characters. Having four main POVs perhaps strained my ability to really fall into the book and empathize with the characters. I found myself a little more detached from this one compared to the first three books, not quite as breathless when lives and relationships are threatened. This remains one of my favorite series, but it felt like the effort t ...more
A Girl Has No Name
5 stars!

Evan and Matt are one of my all time favorite m/m couples. I started the series when I was still quite new to the m/m romance genre and I have to admit that I immediately fell in love with them. Their love story wasn’t easy and sugary - they had to face real life problems and I was so happy to see their relationship evolve into something strong and stable.

I enjoyed reading about gay men with kids in their lives and Evan and Matt’s family was totally perfect with all their ups and downs
Debra

It wasn't easy getting there but Matt and Evan and Jim and Griffin seem to finally get their relationships fully sorted out here. If you've read Cherish & Blessed, which set up this final book, it shouldn't be a surprise that both couples are the focus of this story, since Jim is now a partner in Matt's security business and living in New York.

Evan is still not sure he made the right choice in accepting his promotion and as work intensifies, he falls back onto old behaviors spendi
Nw
May 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Lint
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
3 stars and only for Matt and Evan. I was sorely tempted to remove another star for the inadequacies in this book. Heed the warnings from the other reviews, Evan and Matt have to share time with Griffin and Jim, whose portions I skimmed. I'm disappointed that we had to re-hash old issues with Matt and Evan again, and even more so that there wasn't enough time devoted to their reconciliations. It felt like a re-tread of issues that were dealt with and handled in previous books, and there was obvi ...more
Taya
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
1. I love this book.
2. I still irrationally dislike Griffin. I wish there was less of him in this book. I love Jim interacting with Matt but him and Griffin--I just powered through it when it got physical.
3. Is this really the end?
Aves Raggiana
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Ehhhhhh....I really, really wanted to love this book. I really did. After having been completely bowled over by the ultra-romantic "Faith & Fidelity", and "Duty & Devotion", and liking very well the original stand-alone "Cherish", I was completely ready to fall in love with this last book in the series. Instead, I find myself curiously dissatisfied and mildly frustrated. Too much Jim and Griffin and too little Evan and Matt. Far too little. Tere Michaels' writing is still of a very high ...more
Breann
More Matt & Evan! They were my first M/M couple and I've reread their story many times. I simply adore them and love that their romance isn't over yet.

Evan has been promoted to captain while Matt's business was picking up. This caused old problems to seep back into their relationship. At the same time, Griffin and Jim were trying to do a wedding and family plan. But Jim had an old murder case that wouldn't let go and he had to tie up the loose ends before he could move forward.

There was a lo
Angeboy Reads-Alot
May 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Possible spoilers.

I started this series about a week ago, and had planned to review all in one go. But sadly, I'm at a loss...To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. I thought Matt and Evan had made progression in the last book, and I was really looking forward to their next transition in this book to only be dragged back to the very beginning! I almost DNF but I had to continue (in vain), as I've invested (literally - books are pricey!) so much in these characters.

I wasn't expecti
Alec
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
To sum up this book (and the entire series really), there was a wild tornado and at the end we had pie. Good pie - and cake.

It's no secret that I'm here for Matt and Evan, which leads to a lot of speed reading through the Jim/Griff chapters. I love the web of friendships between the main characters but I still wish Matt and Evan had gotten their own book.

Overall, Truth & Tenderness really should have been named Truth, Tears & Tenderness because my god did everything take a nose dive for
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I want more Matt and Evan. I am tempted to reread book 1 and I never do that. I figure why reread books when there are still thousands of books to be read for the first time.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I really enjoyed this final (I think) installment in the Faith & Fidelity series. Matt and Evan were among the first couples I met when I started reading MM romance and are certainly unforgettable. Though I like Jim and Griffin, I was never as attached to them as I was to the Cerelli-Haight gang.

In this installment we see the toll their careers take on the personal lives of both couples. Evan is newly promoted as a police captain and both Matt and Jim are tied up in the security business th
Anke
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelby P
May 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
I felt this book was more Jim/Griffin than Evan/Matt. The story was a bit disjointed and it wasn't a page turner. I sorta missed the family drama with the kids. The twins were conveniently with their aunt too often.

Jim and Griffin's sex scene were way hotter and more detailed than Evan and Matt's. I can appreciate the fade to black in the first book but this is an established couple. If we can get detailed sex for one why can't we for the other? I was also surprised that both couples were still
Ladycms
May 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
I can't remember the last time I've been so disappointed in a book. What happened to Evan/Matt being the MC's in this series? It's obvious Jim/Griffin are the author's OTP. So why'd she hijack E/M's story instead of just writing another series with those guys?
I actually find myself disliking the J/G relationship bc of this. And why did this series conclude as more of a crime novel than anything?
I'd recommend the first few books in this series, before the J/G takeover. But if you're hoping for
Melinda
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!!!

I enjoyed this book - would have liked more Matt & Evan!!

(view spoiler)
Wency
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-read
Totally love this book and it's no secret that I am only here for Evan and Matt. This was good and really enjoyable though my heart want more. There's a scene in the ending part and epilogue that I would have liked to happen. But I love this one nonetheless. Hello, it's Evan and Matt (my loves), who wouldn't love them? Ha-ha.
BWT (Belen)
Apr 02, 2015 marked it as to-read
Moving this to my "Maybe Someday" shelf. I didn't like Cherished, and, after reading most of the reviews for this story I think I'll skip it for now. I don't need alot of unnecessary drama and angst, and a more than healthy dose of Jim and Griffin, to mar my Ethan and Matt love.
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Apr 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: buy-asap
Ughhh this means I'd have to read book 2
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
Love these guys.

I just wanted more Evan and Matt. And I really was disappointed in this books ending being an open ending for Matt and Evan.
Isa Tis
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cela fait plusieurs mois maintenant que j’ai achevé la lecture de l’ultime tome concluant cette série que j’aime tant.
Evan et Matt c’est tout simplement le couple qui m’a fait plonger de façon définitive dans la romance M/M, puis voilà ce sont mes chéris, un point c'est tout.  La vérité c’est que cette tendresse que j’éprouve pour eux , je ne me l’explique pas vraiment, mais c’est ça la magie des rencontres livresques : certaines vous chamboulent et vous transforment en vrai chamallow ...

Truth &
Anna D.
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Loved it though it could have used a little more romance.

Full review:

I liked the small amount of suspense here with Jim’s obsession in catching the killer of an open case he’s been haunted by for years – and I especially liked the fact that he uncovered a serial killer in the process and the twist of the girlfriend (view spoiler)

It was a joy to read about Evan and Matt’s relationship being rocked a little even though thi
Alisa
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it

Nice ending to both couples stories. There is an interwoven plot so we see pretty equal time to both Evan & Matt/Griffin & Jim's stories. I know that bothered some people but I've always liked Jim and Griffin too so it didn't bother me too much. I honestly would have preferred two separate novellas but whatever. I was still happy that everyone got their hea's. I realized as I read this how much I've forgotten from the original books. A few things happened where they were talking
Jax
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, series
This final installment did a great job of wrapping up all the various story threads for Matt & Evan and Griffin & Jim. The main appeal of these books for me has been the way these guys talk to each other. Whether it was between lovers or friends, the dialogue was very real and satisfying and that's always a major factor in my enjoyment of any book. This series shows that just navigating everyday life, with demanding jobs and families, is all the drama you need when handled by a skilled w ...more
  • Life, Some Assembly Required (The Rebuilding Year, #2)
  • Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils, #3)
  • Forever Promised (Promises, #4)
  • Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding (Coda Books, #6; Strawberries for Dessert, #2)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)
  • Bad Behavior  (Bad in Baltimore, #5)
  • Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time, #8)
  • The Way Things Are
  • Acts of Faith (Cost of Repairs #4)
  • Texas Christmas (Texas, #5)
  • No! Jocks Don't Date Guys (Jock, #2)
  • With This Bling (Romano and Albright, #3)
  • Down and Dirty (Cole McGinnis, #5)
  • First and First (Five Boroughs, #3)
  • Real World (Bend or Break, #5)
Tere Michaels unofficially began her writing career at the age of four when she learned that people got paid to write stories. It seemed the most perfect and logical job in the world and after that, her path was never in question. (The romance writer part was written in the stars—she was born on Valentine’s Day.)

It took thirty-six years of “research” and “life experience” and well… life… before he

Faith, Love & Devotion (7 books)
  • Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)
  • Love & Loyalty  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #2)
  • Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3)
  • Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4)
  • Cherish & Blessed (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4 & #5)
  • Forever & Ever: A Collection of Stories (Faith, Love & Devotion #7)
“I need you to know that. I want to…to… show you how much this is forever….”
Matt’s expression went from concerned to amused to a sweet reddening on his cheeks that Evan found to be his favorite reaction, ever.”
1 likes