Start by marking “The Serpentine Scrolls” as Want to Read:
The Serpentine Scrolls

Read Book

The Serpentine Scrolls

A young boy opens his eyes in a desert and rummages around for the reason behind his bizarre existence.Thousands of years later a young man wakes up after four days and finds himself in Munich.

Two high profile terrorists are covert in the country for two decades.

An intelligence officer, learning to live the pain of his dead wife, is assigned the case.

A girl leaves the love
Paperback, 1, 260 pages
Published January 20th 2015 by Red Ink

Kirti Fadnavis
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: thriller lovers!!!!
Shelves: thriller
description

Frankly, this was my reaction as i reached around page 40, when the first twist in the tale appeared. I read a lot but I am usually not such a swift reader. It took me almost four days to complete this book and I wish I could have read it faster, it would have been more amazing.

Some of the reviews mentioned that the religious take by Alcatraz was not acceptable at all, let me tell you he has brought out the concept of religion wonderfully. No where he has hurt anyone and at the same time he has
Sona Ganguly
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
THE SERPENTINE SCROLLS is clearly one of the freshest concepts that I have across. Not only is it fresh, it is intriguing, exciting and entertaining. The way a perfect novel is supposed to be. Characters neatly trimmed just as much as required to the story, too much of thrill, just the correct amount of romance and drama and a constant battle between myth, fact and religion.
The CREATOR is an awesome concept, one that we have always thought about and has been in our minds. It is amazing to see
Jhanvi Kapoor
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
It is not daily you come across a book that changes your perception on religion and still entertains you!!! Such books should not be mishandled and we should make sure all potential readers read it atleast once!!!

1. The Serpentine Scrolls will look like some Manga Picture Book, but trust me it is just the cover and I must say it really is unique!!! After reading if you observe the cover you will realise how good the cover actually is!!!! It basically tells you the whole plot!!!

2. Once you start
Divya Rishabh
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There is something about Alcatraz Dey that really captivates you. his style of fast paced writing keeps you glued till the end. of course you need to be aware and analyse as fast as his story changes. so many twists, so many tale-twisters, so many shocks and yet it all seemed logical. I must applaud his efforts, the way he has done his research, his story building and a lot of other things that really makes this book a perfect read.
Its really outstanding the way things were projected and I could
Shreya Ganguly
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It made me sit straight and keep me awake till I turn the very last page. The book begins with an intense scene where the protagonist ISHIN wakes up to a dreadful dream and realizes he is in different country…..the book unfolds to the best kept unknown secrets and its colossal legacy. From the first chapter, it sets its hook deep and drags you through a darkly gripping story with relentless power.
The author has very playfully tackled multiple plots in the story which are intertwined yet parallel
Harika Bantupalli
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My reading preferences were always constrained to genres like Chick lit, Romance and Young Adult.
This is the first time I've tried something like this, and honestly, I'm hooked.
Right from the first page, I started to feel the mystery and it made me keep guessing throughout. And I didn't realize when I finished it. The moment I reached the end, it wanted to make me read more.
Alcatraz beautifully crafted each single aspect of the book very well that you'll enter the world of The Serpentine scroll
Aravind
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I am thankful to the author for forwarding me this e-book, in exchange for my honest review.
This novel is the first of a series called "Colossal Adventure". The author has attempted to create a story that transcends history itself. He has mixed action, epic love, thrills, fantasy and philosophy to pack too much in one story.
The plot (view spoiler)
Nimmi Prakash
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was literally on the edge of my seat throughout It is imperative for readers to know how good a job Dey does with his chosen concept which is unique and innovative. Starts off as some spy espionage stuff and ends like a book that will change the way you look at life, religion and humanity!!!!
The Blend of romance and drama is perfect and the amount of shocks is overloaded. I have never seen a plot with so many twists and turns!!! And to top it all, each one was unexpected and logical. Page aft
Nisha Bandhopadhyay
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
A perfect day to review this book which is of course a co-incidence!!!
I read this on the author blog
" There are exactly 31 plot twisters/twists in the story. 31
is most widely used in the novel starring from very first
chapter. As 31 March is the birthday of the Author's
lifelong love interest.

Well, 16 hours straight on the trot gave me immense knowledge, thrill and wisdom. Juggling between household chores and other stuff i was just not able to put this book down until it finished. So hats off to
Nitika
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
well this book is out of this world I must say...dey has changed my perception about Indian writers....it's beyond imagination. I remember starting it as soon as I received my copy and I was glued to it till the very end. the magnum of research and the correlation of every possible game changers in history just baffles me to the core!! I was able to imagine Ihsin and sera so vividly and that's really outstanding because it's hard to inculcate the picture in the readers mind which he can believe ...more
Shitij rastogi
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a catchy read right from page 1 to page 247. I finished it in a single day and was glad i did.The characters are unforgettable and the plot is awesome.
I can make a list of all the positives of the book and still it would be an effort not worth what the author has put in.

Ihsin, Sara, Jabbar, Vish, Hannah and Abidah combined with Shahid all give you a feel of so much conspiracy that it by half of the book you do not know whom to trust.

A few spacial error and minor editing mistakes apa
Anish K
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Bought this book out of sheer curiosity. The plot is engaging and takes the reader by surprise. Chapters replaced by date and place is something that I experienced new in the book.

Coming to the story, it is very confusing at the start where the author wants to take us - bombarding the reader with stories from times ranging from Jesus to modern day. Slowly a plot begins to shape up and it is quite interesting. There are a lot of twists and u-turns by many characters throughout the book. The autho
Dayakar Satam
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's addictive, it's transfirmative and it's one of a kind thriller!!! You cannot rest your mind and your soul when you read this book. A wonderful plot with multiple parallel lines.
Took me a single night to pull the entire book off!!! I have just one word for the book, it's awesome.
Triptisharan2003
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book . I must say this book totally surprised me by its story line. Yes it did remind me of Dan Brown at places especially with all those symbols. But I can't really define the genre along which the book fits. Like an action packed thriller it was always a step ahead . Must have taken months of research to come up with this . The topic , the setting is so apt and in tune with the present times. I very much like the way religion and faith have been dealt with. It reflects the sens ...more
Tisca Naidu
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tisca by: Amazon
Shelves: 2015-ebooks
The book starts of as Jason Bourne adventure!!! A man wakes up in Munich and he has no idea how he reached there!!! Sounded interesting. Well as you read on it turns out to be more than a spy espionage. High on doses of philosophy, thrill and drama the plots keep revealing themselves.
A dateline concept which was really unique.Parallel plots that keep running and frequently Hannah appearing and vanishing. Buddha, Galileo and Christ all are involved. The setting was quite epic to be honest and th
Zoya Iqbal
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
What alcatraz dey does efficiently is create an illusion between reality and the non existent universe by his words. That's a gift he has. And add to it the romance and thrill, never dying will to love, it gives you The Serpentine Scrolls. An epic beyond imagination. I loved the way he has branded himself as a mysterious man. Makes the readers inquisitive!!!!
Krishna Swamy
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
Every reviewer has said this almost and it is in fact true!!! You either finish the book in a go or else you cannot. It is a mammoth effort that the writer has put in. It is spick and span throughout with the cover, editing, plot and a promise to return even better in Sacrilege Of Annie!!!!
Sudhanva Anil
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book starts in a manner that really keeps you hooked till the end!!! In one sentence to summarize the entire story it is awesome, creative, imaginative and a must read for readers for all genre!!!
Priyanka Naik
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Writing a good thriller is always as tedious as it is interesting. One has to keep pace with the reader's psychology and alertness at every step, and I must say Alcatraz Dey has done a very fine job at that.
'Serpentine Scrolls' has a gripping start. As the story proceeds, the intrigue heightens. The characters unfurl. The suspense thickens. The plot leaves you with a racing pulse and sweaty palms in parts.
The only grouse (though that might be too heavy a word) I have is that the author has at
Ishika Hota
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Frankly, as a book addict it is hard to diverge from your set of authors and notions. I discovered this book on Quora in the must read books section and was attracted in by its trailers and blurbs.
Alcatraz dey does ensure that interest of the reader is glued to the end. For a girl who reads books as people eat food, it was pretty worthwile for me to read a book on a concept which has never been touched upon in this manner. The concept of god and religion put together in a manner people will enjo
Ishan Sharma
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, everything about it. Honestly it had been a long time since I read something which so basically true and yet so provocative. Hats off to the author for maintaining the story line in an edgy and swiftly sketched manner.

As far as the feel of the book is concerned, there are moments when you almost get a heart attack and there are moments when we think are humans justifiably the smarter ones...
Hannah will remain in my mind for a long time.!!!!
Niharika Mudgal
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Guys who love thrillers and epics!!!
“History is proof that the humans have never esteemed the magnitude of religion. Unfortunately, humans will fight with each other in the name of religion and argue their entire lifetime that their religion is superior. They always forget one basic fact; the reason for their existence is not to fight for their religion but for the prevalence of every human, who is conceived by the almighty. We were not born to fight, kill or massacre. The whole point of being born as a human is to cherish everyth ...more
Ritu Shah
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all readers!!!!
To start off let me tell you why Tss is one heck of a read!!!
It compels you to flip through till the last page. It's pure magic is all I can say!!! There's suspense, thrill, sarcasm, romance and lots of wisdom. The concept of creator and wisdom will definitely baffle you. The way philosophy has been inducted into the plot is quite splendid as never during any point will you feel losing your interest. It's important that read carefully and wisely because this book will teach you a lot. So I will
Kavipriya Moorthy
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Overall Impression - The novel is a mystery thriller, written with elated thoughts and research. The book starts on a fantasy note, with the unbelievable story line but with supporting details extracted from History and a Religious book that brings in enough involvement. A breathtaking ride, with a different plot and definitely an excellent, winning try.

What I loved about the book? – It's been the really long time that a book explained the depth of “Pain” and this book did it. Sincere appreciat
Chetan Kumar
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A out of the box storyline by the author that really makes the novel a worthwhile read!!!! It is no doubt one of the finest thrillers with a hint of fantasy and reigiousness you will come across.
Things get haywire towards end but the author has promised a book 2 so it makes the wait for book 2 more rewarding.
A must read, even newbies will love the book. Kind of book through which you should start reading!!!!
Rajesh Jha
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alctraz dey..little heard off till now and now his books are sure to top the charts. There are a few authors i follow in this genre and he will be the new addition.

Personally satisfying and enriching book. Leave the suspense and twists alone. The take on religion is superb. I wish it were true. It really enriches your soul to think if there was only one creator. All in all a magnanimous effort that i loved. Would recommend to every one. It is not daily you read novels of such high calibre.
Jaya Sharma
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One word and that is a gripping, edge of the couch thriller. WOW!!! what an amazing narration along with the twists and turns all along...
Alcatraz Dey I am fan and would be eagerly waiting for your book 2
Sheetal Rao
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: thriller fans and everyone else
Recommended to Sheetal by: Goodreads
I will not tell you why this book is worth reading and getting thrilled. I will tell you how I read it and the emotions I went through reading this book. First of all, I received this book in paperback as part of Good-reads Author give-away. Perhaps I had expected a thin plotted, another attempt at writing some Internationally located out of control story. I should not have sincerely.

It was around seven in the evening, a rainy Tuesday when i decided to crawl into my couch and give it a read. I
Anshulika Bansal
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
In the starting of the book, the author states that “History is proof that the humans have never esteemed the magnitude of religion”. This is the line which caught my attention and I came to know the entire agenda of the story. I have always been secular in my religious views and have always believed the concept of one God. The author made me feel connected to the story since the start.
Mr. Dey has created a mystery right in its first chapter and from the start I was mesmerized by the character “
Hilai Bareshi
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge stephen king man and it takes a lot to shake me from my roots. The serpentine scrolls is good because from page 1 you are reeled in. you have questions in your mind. You are constantly questioning yourself again and again. What adds to the aura is the concept of religion that Alcatraz has poured in. pretty essential!!!Where he really stands out is the facts and events and how he interrelates everything together at some point of time. It is amazing how every little detail had been act ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Serpentine scrolls 1 9 Jan 22, 2015 09:11AM
  • The Mute Anklet
  • Future Track India: Blue Print for a Dynamic India
  • The Girl Who Loved a Spy (Andy Karan #1)
  • Without You (Sreepuram Series Book 1)
  • It Had To Be You
  • Beyond forever...in love
  • Yes, That's What They Call Me, Nobody
  • Fraudster
  • Breaking Free
Alcatraz Dey is a writer, novelist, blogger, editor and poet from INDIA. His works include the Colossal Series in which the first book SERPENTINE SCROLLS was released in 2015 and amazed readers all over. India Shining, his second release, is already a favorite with thriller readers. He writes thrillers with an element of mystery, thrill and real facts.
In March 2017, he released a short collection
“The more you try to enquire, the more it will get intriguing. That is the peculiar thing about mysteries.
You need to prove you can handle the revelations”
2 likes
“I wish there was some method to transform all the agony in my imprudent heart to an energy source. It would have lit up the world till eternity!!!” 1 likes