Start by marking “The Commitment Test (The Marin Test #2)” as Want to Read:
The Commitment Test (The Marin Test #2)

The Commitment Test (The Marin Test #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
When a Valentine’s Day proposal doesn’t come with an engagement ring, Marin Johns begins to wonder if she and James will ever get married. As her closest friends begin to move forward with their lives, she refuses to be left behind.

Hope is restored as she devises a plan to get James down on one knee by becoming the ideal mate. Everything seems to fall into place until her
Published February 4th 2015 by Elephantine Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Commitment Test, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Commitment Test

Megan Johnson
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-sent
I should start by saying that I was sent this book by the author in order to review but all of my thoughts are my own.

I am a huge fan of this series. I originally reviewed the first in this series for my website but after talking with the author (who is amazing and so incredibly sweet), I received this one to review as well. And I could not have loved it more. I loved the first one, but I think this might be my favorite of the two. Can this story keep going forever please?

description

The Commitment Test pi
Maree Repa
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this second book just as much as the first once. Such a fun read. After enjoying this first book I was so excited to find out about Marin's new found relationship to James.

I loved this book just as much. Consisting how much Marin was hoping to get finally Engaged made up so much disappointment and horror for herself She just wanted more than to just move in with him.

Such a great romantic book. I really had so much fun reading this great series. I recommend this to all of my
Rochelle
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 didn't disappoint me. I just couldn't stop reading it, I read it in one day. It was funny, cute, flattering again. What more can I ask for? This book has it all.

"The rest are gonna love you because I love you"
James Young is the kind of guy every woman wants. He's loyal, handsome, nice, romantic, caring, understanding... the list goes on.

"Love means taking a chance even if you're afraid. I will always be afraid to lose you, but I won't push you away anymore. I promise."
Marin could get re
Michelle
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, 2015
I was thrilled to be able to read the next book in this series!

Marin is not shy about the fact that she wants a wedding...soon. Things are going great with James and he is definitely the one for her. The problem is trying to get him to talk about marriage is turning out to be tougher than she thought.

An old friend brings Marin a book about getting a man to propose in just five steps. Seems crazy, right? It worked for the friend..but will it work for Marin and James?

The two end up buying their
Kathleen
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this is the continuation of Marin and James' story.
Marin desperately wants to get married. She loves James and she knows he is "the one" but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to ask her to marry him. Why not?
James loves Marin but may be a little gun shy because of his divorce. As in the first book Marin again is given a book by a friend on how to get him to propose. At least this book seems a little more realistic than the Man test from book one.
I understand Marin's dilema on wanting to be be
R.G.
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
So the majority of this book was a 2 STAR book… but it had its moments and the ending was a surprise but felt right and I have to give it credit for that… for a large part I know most of my problem with this book is some of my own personal problems… it started off on a bad foot for me because I hate it when people ask “when are you getting married” or “when are you having kids” without realizing the sort of damage they’re doing… and it made me sort of understand why Marin went off the deep end a ...more
Silvana
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, read-in-2015
Here we go again!-says one of Marin's best friends when she says what she intends to do.
Marin and James are couple two years. Exactly that James who Marin puts to a Man Test, now they are spend the time together. Everything is great,they are happy and perfect match. He is so thoughtful, patient, romantic and handsome. She is couple therapist and she thinks that her time is running and she and James should have their own family, get married and have kids. Marin thinks that proposal is here when
Debbie
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Commitment Test is the second contemporary novel about Marin, a therapist that tells others how to save their relationships, but doesn't necessarily know how to navigate her own.
Marin and James have been in a relationship for about two years already. Marin thinks it is time to start planning a wedding, but James is not even in the same hemisphere about that subject. James has been married before and just doesn't get why marriage is so important. He is in love with Marin, she's about to meet
DJ Sakata
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

“Cooking was not my strong suit. I mostly used my kitchen to house the coffee.”

“I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to cry more or smile more. So I did both.”

“I promise to love you with an open, honest heart because you belong with me, and I belong with you, and nothing will ever change that.”

“It was one of those horrific, but amazing moments when you want to look away but can’t. How was her vagina ever gonna go back to normal size after that? Wait? How was my vagina ever gonna go
Littles Books
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, sweet, hmm-romance, arc

With the same formula as the first book in the series, Ms. Aksel’s second book doesn’t fall short. Just as ingenious and cute, its flowing prose makes for another easy and quick read.

Marin wants a proposal and a ring, and that’s all she wants. When it doesn’t come when she expects it she isn’t sure it’s ever going to come. When all her friends start moving forward she sets up a plan to get James to propose. And it seems to be working up until her college boyfriend shows up and Marin has to choos

Danielle Young
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Marin believes in happily ever after. As a couples therapist she helps to fight for it. And she wants it for herself. In the form of the house, white picket fence, husband and two kids. And she thinks she's about to get it. After all her birthday is on Valentine's Day. Why wouldn't her boyfriend James propose after being together two years? But sadly she gets her hopes up and begins to wonder if the ring will ever happen. And when her past shows up in her present she wonders if she is walking th ...more
Laurie Carlson
The Commitment Test is book 2 after the first book, The Man Test, and this book completes this perfect duo. You don't need to read Book One, but it sure does make this story better if you do. This book continues on with Marin and James' love story, although it seems rocky at times, especially when James doesn’t propose on Valentine’s Day, the day Marin is positive he is going to propose, about a million things go through her head. Everything is perfect for them, especially after The Man Test, so ...more
Julie Valerie
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you love reading romance - keep an eye on this writer. She's writing a series and has a great main character.

I had the pleasure of reading an early copy of Amanda Aksel’s The Commitment Test and enjoyed it very much. Marin Johns, the main character, is an intriguing character to read because she’s not only a couple’s therapist, she’s also sorting out love issues in her own life. I loved reading from her point-of-view because she’s refreshingly honest but sometimes naïve which makes her so rel
RaeLatte
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Commitment Test (The Marin Test Series Book 2) by Amanda Aksel is a fresh and insightful look at how far one woman is willing to go to ensure her boyfriend proposes.

While this book can be read without reading The Man Test (Book 1) in the series, I recommend reading them in order so that you have a better understanding of Marin and her friends.

I received this ARC from the author for a fair and honest review.

For a detailed review please check out my blog at Books I Love A Latte
Cory Spollen
Love this series!

I could not put this book down! I can't wait to read more of Marin's adventure in book 3! It was a fun summer read. I laughed and I cried, perfect! Mrs. Aksel, you have done it again!
Patricia Garcia
Apr 18, 2015
Bronwyn Lichtenwohrer
Dec 10, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: consolidate duplicate books 2 16 Feb 16, 2015 09:25AM
Amanda Aksel is the author of The Marin Test Series, a romantic-comedy that follows a couples therapist as she navigates the major stages of her 30's. Amanda is a maltipoo mom, weekday vegan, astrologer in training, and self-improvement junkie.

Get FREE short story and smart, sexy, funny updates from Amanda. Just sign up at www.amandaaksel.com

Follow Amanda on Instagram www.instagram.com/amandaakse
More about Amanda Aksel...

The Marin Test (2 books)
  • The Man Test  (The Marin Test #1)