Start by marking “Last Resort” as Want to Read:
Last Resort

Last Resort (Hideaway #3)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  313 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews

IT WAS A STORY TO PUT HIDEAWAY,
MISSOURI, IN THE NATIONAL HEADLINES A MISSING CHILD: Carissa Cooper, twelve, vanishes near her homeabducted, possibly by someone close to her.
A WOMAN IN CRISIS: Noelle Cooper races back to her hometown to help in the search for her cousin and steps into a web of secrets that has haunted her family for generations.
A MAN OF FAITH: Nathan Tra
Published December 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Last Resort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Resort

Louise E.
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story.
Kim
I really enjoyed this book nail biting edge of your seat suspense waiting to see want what next.
Deb
plot summary: what happens, when & where, central characters, major conflicts[return]we return to the small ozark community of hideaway, after noelle's old friend nathan fetches her from springfield after her young cousin carissa disappears. nathan thinks noelle's gift--an intuitive live sense that sometells lets her know things she couldn't know otherwise (like that carissa was in danger)--will be able to help them find the girl. and they eventually do but after a harrowing experience getti ...more
Barbara
"Last Resort" is a mystery featuring a rather unique character: Noelle Cooper, literature's apparently first Christian psychic. She is gifted with "intuition" and an ability to vaguely see into the future or to see events that are unfolding even while she isn't present. There's a study guide at the back of the book with questions for book clubs and church groups to discuss. One of the questions touches on a scripture in first Corinthians, which very clearly states that spiritual gifts that exist ...more
Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog...

(joint review of both Safe Haven and Last Resort)

I absolutely love these next two books in the series.

Thankfully Alexander did not keep the all of the characters from the first book. Too many characters makes for a very messy story. The characters don't disappear, they simply take a back seat.

The stories Alexander crafted for both of these books hemmed tighter together, if there were different parts and also involved much more serious situations, people dying and the
Gramy
Prepare for a suspenseful story, that compels you to continue as long as possible to find out what is going to happen. You will meet some of the same people fromt he beginning of the series, plus additional characters that will dominate this story.

Nice to find a Christian based series, reflecting their struggles and growth.

A clean, stand alone, with an HEA.
Rachel
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in this particular series. It's an easy cozy read, mystery, great fiction and romance all pulled in together. I'm always up for a book with a medical theme and this one fits for me. They mystery part of the book isn't gruesome, but yet keeps you in enough suspense that you want to find out what happens.
Ro Ja
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i thought this book was intriguing. i was eager to find out who did it and why. it was a good read. i love suspense, weak, mild, or intense, this one being mild in my opinion. well written. felt i may have missed something though due to it being a part of a series and only having read this one. i liked it.
Kendra
Apr 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better stories in the Hideaway series, if you are reading for the mystery. I wish there'd been a bit more on the developing relationship between Noelle and Nathan, but it really is a minor critique. Overall, a solid story with plenty of suspense. Once I got to the climax, I had a hard time putting the book down.
Janell
Mar 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculous and convoluted mystery. The body count apparently continues to rise over several years while every single person involved remains completely clueless. Including the so-called family members with "God's insight" (not psychic, mind you) who were equally oblivious. Eye-rolling conclusion! Plus, most of the characters were fairly unappealing.
Mom
Oct 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. I did not see the outcome because I thought she was a very unlikely person to do the things that were done. Was I foiled!!
If you would like an easy book to read, choose this one. A good book for the weekend.
Fola
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is that it is not the best of Hannah Alexander.I have tried so many times to read the book again which for me is almost never a problem but with this book i just can't because i get so bored with it.I like Hannah Alexander as an author but she missed the mark on this one.
Donna
May 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Just couldn't get interested in this story.
Marilyn
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good story. I love the Hideaway sweries. I only have one more to read #10. Then Ill start on "The Healing Touch Series".
Hildegart
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
This was the first book of the Hideaway series that I read. I enjoyed it so I looked for more in the series. The second one I've started hasn't held my attention like this one did.
Lynnea
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Awesome book! Suspense, romance, mystery, forgiveness. I just wish I would have realized it was book three in the series before I started it!
Melissa
Decent Christian mystery. Good writing, fast paced, intriguing medical issues.
Tara
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, easy read, great for a light weekend book. I did not see the end coming, which was nice. I think I will be picking up another book in this series to read.
Mae
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved reading this book and this series. You become very involved in the characters that are part of this series. And this particular book leaves you wanting more!!
Dianne
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

Carissa goes missing. Carissa goes digging for information for a school report not realizing she's brining up the murder of three people.
Bonnie
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this one in the daytime...was a little afraid of the dangerous characters and plots. But as usual I couldn't put it down!! Really love this Hideaway series!!!
Cori
Jodie
Jun 29, 2009
Michelle
Jul 26, 2012
  • The Splitting Storm (The Storm Series #2)
  • Vital Signs (Baxter #3)
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • Running for Cover (Heroes for Hire, #1)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope, #3)
  • Dead Air
  • Whirlpool (The Julesburg Mysteries #1)
  • The Lone Warrior (Once Upon a Time in the West, #3)
  • Cowboy Protector  (Protecting the Witnesses, #3)
  • A Silent Terror (High Stakes, #1)
  • Deadfall (The McAllister Files)
  • A Rift in Time (Livingstone Chronicles, #1)
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Vanished (J.D. Stanton #2)

HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...

Hideaway (10 books)
  • Hideaway (Hideaway #1)
  • Safe Haven (Hideaway #2)
  • Note of Peril (Hideaway #4)
  • Fair Warning (Hideaway, #5)
  • Under Suspicion (Hideaway, #6)
  • Grave Risk (Hideaway, #7) (Steeple Hill Cafe)
  • Death Benefits (Hideaway, #8)
  • Double Blind (Hideaway, #9)
  • Hideaway Home (Hideaway #10)