Start by marking “Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass” as Want to Read:
Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass

Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass

Whether you've been attending the Extraordinary Form of the Mass for years, or are merely curious about it, this guide is designed to open up the riches contained within the Mass to all. Inside, you will find a word-for-word English translation of the Latin text of the Mass, together with photos, diagrams, notes and explanations that will help you not only follow along, bu ...more
Hardcover, 1st, 94 pages
Published 2014 by St. Augustine Academy Press

To ask other readers questions about Treasure and Tradition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure and Tradition

Start your review of Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass
Anna Elissa
This book is simply B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. Really, really beautiful and well-written. It's so jam-packed with visual and textual information that I doubt you can devour its entire content in one sitting. I can see how the author and the publisher strived hard to make this book rich and—can I say it again?—beautiful.

Treasure and Tradition is about the theology of the Holy Mass, specifically *THE* Holy Mass, i.e. Traditional Latin Mass, a.k.a. the Extraordinary Form. It shows how the Catholic Holy Mass reall/>Treasure
François B
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Highly suggested to anyone wanting to understand what is going on during a traditional Mass, or anyone wanting or needing clarification about the continuity between the Mosaic covenant and the New Covenant, between the Levitical priestly sacrifice and the Holy sacrifice of the Mass. Stunningly beautiful book, plenty of inspiring artwork, and it has a nice addition at the end with a guide to examination of conscience prior to confession. I would also strongly encourage any and all protestants to ...more
Joyce
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A colourful and beautifully illustrated book explaining the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, Treasure and Tradition would be suitable for young and old. Explanations giving greater context to each part of the Mass as well as the Divine Office are abundant, and really make clear the Jewish roots of Catholic Tradition and worship.
Jennifer Hill
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful book! You can read it in one sitting, but it's best used as a reference. I love how the guides on the front and back covers are easily accessible and keep you from getting lost and recover you when you're lost. This is a treasure of information, and it's suitable for young teens through adults. I highly recommend this. I wish I'd had it with me at my first Latin Mass.
Br. DJ Young
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
This is one of the best guides for the Tridentine mass for all people. It is a thorough treatise of not only the liturgy and structure itself, but also contains a wealth of valuable insights regarding the theological elements behind each practice! The illustrations are simply magnificent and everything is beautifully and accessibly arranged for the reader. In sum, this is a terrific book that I’m proud to own!
William Douglas
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Treasure and Tradition is a real work of art, beautifully illustrated and covering every aspect of the Traditional Catholic Mass, I've been to 3 different ones in the last month, and after reading this, everything made much more sense, wish I had done it before attending, but atleast know I'll understand better the ones still to come.

4 stars only because I read the Portuguese translation, and it was really bad, next time I'll look for the English version.
John Dembowski
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic, owned
Beautiful pictures, paintings, diagrams, and texts that dissect the awesome (in its truest definition) depth of the Mass.
Jennifer Hallock
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a guide to a Latin (Tridentine) Mass (think pre-Vatican 2), this book is both beautifully illustrated and complete. Whether you are a regular attendee to Catholic Mass or are new to the experience altogether, you can learn a lot about traditional Catholicism (pre-1963).
Eric
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good explanation!
Leila Chandler
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very good book, with many attractive photos and useful parallels with the Old Testament and Jewish tradition. I wish I had this book when I first became Catholic!
Johnnysc
Oct 12, 2019
Emily Sparks
Jul 12, 2019

• Infiltration: The Plot to Destroy the Church from Within
  • The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity: How the Modern Culture Is Robbing Billions of People of Happiness
  • #LookUp: A Parenting Guide to Screen Use