Start by marking “Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass” as Want to Read:
Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass

Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass

Whether you've been attending the Extraordinary Form of the Mass for years, or are merely curious about it, this guide is designed to open up the riches contained within the Mass to all. Inside, you will find a word-for-word English translation of the Latin text of the Mass, together with photos, diagrams, notes and explanations that will help you not only follow along, bu ...more
Hardcover, 1st, 94 pages
Published 2014 by St. Augustine Academy Press

To ask other readers questions about Treasure and Tradition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure and Tradition

Start your review of Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass
Anna O.P.
This book is simply B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. Really, really beautiful and well-written. It's so jam-packed with visual and textual information that I doubt you can devour its entire content in one sitting. I can see how the author and the publisher strived hard to make this book rich and—can I say it again?—beautiful.

Treasure and Tradition is about the theology of the Holy Mass, specifically *THE* Holy Mass, i.e. Traditional Latin Mass, a.k.a. the Extraordinary Form. It shows how the Catholic Holy Mas
François B
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Highly suggested to anyone wanting to understand what is going on during a traditional Mass, or anyone wanting or needing clarification about the continuity between the Mosaic covenant and the New Covenant, between the Levitical priestly sacrifice and the Holy sacrifice of the Mass. Stunningly beautiful book, plenty of inspiring artwork, and it has a nice addition at the end with a guide to examination of conscience prior to confession. I would also strongly encourage any and all protestants to ...more
Jennifer Hill
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: head-level-faith
What a beautiful book! You can read it in one sitting, but it's best used as a reference. I love how the guides on the front and back covers are easily accessible and keep you from getting lost and recover you when you're lost. This is a treasure of information, and it's suitable for young teens through adults. I highly recommend this. I wish I'd had it with me at my first Latin Mass. ...more
Joyce
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A colourful and beautifully illustrated book explaining the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, Treasure and Tradition would be suitable for young and old. Explanations giving greater context to each part of the Mass as well as the Divine Office are abundant, and really make clear the Jewish roots of Catholic Tradition and worship.
DJ Young
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
This is one of the best guides for the Tridentine mass for all people. It is a thorough treatise of not only the liturgy and structure itself, but also contains a wealth of valuable insights regarding the theological elements behind each practice! The illustrations are simply magnificent and everything is beautifully and accessibly arranged for the reader. In sum, this is a terrific book that I’m proud to own!
William Douglas
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Treasure and Tradition is a real work of art, beautifully illustrated and covering every aspect of the Traditional Catholic Mass, I've been to 3 different ones in the last month, and after reading this, everything made much more sense, wish I had done it before attending, but atleast know I'll understand better the ones still to come.

4 stars only because I read the Portuguese translation, and it was really bad, next time I'll look for the English version.
Aaron Crofut
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My wife gave me this book as a gift when I first started attending the traditional Mass. It is a wonderfully helpful explanation for beginners to this beautiful liturgy! Apart from the breakdown into the parts of the Mass, it includes many beautiful images and explanations that I still find myself returning to profitably.
Stephen Bonnette
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic guide for the Extraordinary form. I highly recommend to anyone wishing to understand the Mass on a deeper level ( as well as attending the TLM)
John Dembowski
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic, owned
Beautiful pictures, paintings, diagrams, and texts that dissect the awesome (in its truest definition) depth of the Mass.
Crystal
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I finally understand! This is one of my new favorite books!
Mateus Xavier
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!
Eric
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good explanation!
Jennifer Hallock
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a guide to a Latin (Tridentine) Mass (think pre-Vatican 2), this book is both beautifully illustrated and complete. Whether you are a regular attendee to Catholic Mass or are new to the experience altogether, you can learn a lot about traditional Catholicism (pre-1963).

Edited to add: Please note that I am not endorsing any particular faith or a particular way of celebrating that faith. But if information is what you seek, this book delivers it in a visually attractive way.
Leila Chandler
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very good book, with many attractive photos and useful parallels with the Old Testament and Jewish tradition. I wish I had this book when I first became Catholic!
Johnnysc

• Infiltration: The Plot to Destroy the Church from Within
  • Christus Vincit: Christ's Triumph Over the Darkness of the Age
  • Orthodoxy
  • Blessed Charles of Austria: A Holy Emperor and His Legacy
  • Catholic Catechism of Saint Pius X (1908)
  • The Benedict Option: A Strategy for Christians in a Post-Christian Nation
  • L'ombrello dell'imperatore
  • God and Man at Yale: The Superstitions of 'Academic Freedom'
  • Uniformity with God's Will
  • The Decameron Project: 29 New Stories from the Pandemic
  • Per tutto il tuo amore
  • Mum's the Word (Bennet Brothers, #3)
  • Il caso Bramard
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
  • Masculinity Amidst Madness