Start by marking “Behind the Door (novel)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Door (novel)

Behind the Door (novel)

After the love of her life walks out the door, Abby Simmons is depressed, run down, and overwhelmed. Working long days as an attorney in a busy firm is sucking the life out of her and Abby feels she is at the end of her rope. Then, a co-worker recommends a new type of spa called Paradise. He promises their therapies will shake off her lethargy and help her to regain her sp ...more
Published March 8th 2015 by weba publishing (first published February 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Door

Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
My overall rating for Parts 1-4 is 4 stars

If you start with Volume 1 I promise you, you will want to finish this series – it was a total page-turner for me. It was erotic and mysterious. It left me wondering who, what, when and why. I would guess and I would be wrong. All the different colored doors left me wanting to know what erotic things happened behind them.

For Abby Simmons life was running smoothly, or she thought. She had a great job, the perfect boyfriend, and was heading towards to chap
ByoBook Club
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jess
What does one do to find peace? That is what Abby is about to find out. She was living in her own little perfect bubble. She had a long term boyfriend, she was an attorney at a fairly prestigious law firm, she had a great place to live, sensible car to drive and everything was going along like it was supposed to. Until the man who had she been shopping for ring with left her.

Upset and stressed Abby's moods are effecting her work and her paralegal and good friend tells her to go to this place cal
Breanna Eichhorn
Abby is in her office when Roman comes in saying the she needs to fix his ticket he got. Roman could tell that Abby has been crying and he tells her that the best way to get over a guy is get under another one. He recommend going somewhere he has gone to before. Abby keeps rejecting Grayson's numerous invitations to dinner. Abby decided that she is going to try out the place that Roman recommended she talked to James another paralegal at the firm that she works at about it.
Abby is very hard wor
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2015-read
I love Abby. I felt her pain, indecision and emotional roller coaster. She has virtually no friends as her work is her life, but she doesn't even see that she isn't really living. Her one friend suggests she go to Paradise in order to relax and learn to let go. The messages she receives behind each door of Paradise are what some people's dreams are made of, and she falls in love with Mr. Hands. Who can blame her? He's quite talented. James from her office has had a thing for Abby. Once she's sin ...more
Movies, Shows,
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Note: This review contains NO spoilers

I absolutely enjoyed reading this serial! Now, Behind the Door, the entire serial, is in one book! Yes! I read each part in this serial, and boy, these parts intensified "behind each door" that had me wanting more. Wow! The intensity and depth of these characters increased the feels in this book. This romance with enough slow burning sexy and sensual scenes definitely got me "hot and bothered"...hahaha! I think you will, too!

Just check out my reviews on each
Andrea
This is a serial basically about a woman who is lost after a bad breakup and finds herself by visiting a "pleasure house" based loosely on a geisha house. The heroine is a strong attorney, but in her personal life just completely insecure. At the same time she starts falling for Mr Hands (her guide through the doors), she starts dating a paralegal at work. Between the two, she finds out a lot about herself... and who are we kidding... has a lot of dirty fun times. These are quick reads- total gu ...more
She Hearts Books
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Abby gets done wrong by her man. He just walks out with no care for her at all. Her heart is broken and it is filtering into the rest of her life. When a friend recommends that she visit Paradise to help her relieve stress, she reluctantly begins her journey with Mr. Hands. Pretty steamy with a bit of kink thrown in to boot. At the same time there are a few men pursuing her at work. I was totally Team James and had a feeling about him. I enjoyed Abby's story.

I give Behind the Door 4 hearts!
Beth C.
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steamy, yet enlightening

Enjoyed this book a lot...especially the message within it. You only have one life to live, so make sure you’re doing what makes you happy and loving it the way you truly want to. Abby went through a lot of years and school and heartbreak to figure that out. But at least she finally did. Fun and flirty and revealing and a wonderful ending.
Evelyn Sword
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want Paradise

Wow, very steamy. This is my favorite type of stories. Thank you Mary and Alexandrea for this amazing love story. It sure was a roller coaster ride. This is one book that needs to be front and center on my book case!
Kim
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

A little fluffy for me but a good read. I loved James and enjoyed as the story unfolded. I love the banter between the characters.
Becky
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HOT.
Jean Smith
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A sensual trip down the rabbit hole

I got Behind the Door a little late because of a snafu I apparently made in signing up to review it. Go me! So, amongst other things I spent today reading it. It was not a hardship. In fact, I became rather frustrated having to put it down on occasion to get my other chores done. I was very intrigued by the premise of Paradise in Behind the Door… the spa recommended to Abby when life and heartbreak become a bit overwhelming.

“No, it’s not like that,” James count
Badass Bloggettes
4.5 Stars

This is the perfect way for me to read a serial—in a boxed set. I don’t think I could read this story any other way. It is one of those stories that you need to read to the end immediately.

The story begins with Abby Simmons living her dream life. She is a successful attorney on the fast track to a partner. She lives with her perfect guy and looking for rings to cement their forever relationship. Then BAM! Abby comes home to find her life falling apart. Colin, her finance is packing his
Mollien Fote Osterman

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it

Jill
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Door is a four part series of erotically charged writing with each part better than the last. This book is set in New Orleans and introduces us to Abby Simmons, a lawyer at one of the biggest firms in the city that works almost constantly and just had her heart broken one month prior. Since the night Colin left Abby alone and broken she has lost weight and really doesn't sleep well causing her to walk around the office looking and feeling more like a zombie then ever before. Roman the ...more
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
This is a masterful story about learning to know yourself and what you want out of life. Two of my favorite authors have joined forces and given us a unique story.

Most of us go through life doing what is expected of us, or living trying to fulfill the expectations of others. Does this make us happy? Obviously not, and yet we continue living without understanding our innermost longings and desires. We follow in our parents' footsteps trying to demonstrate to them how much we love them by followin
Ashley Cestra
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-favorites
These two authors together are BRILLIANT

I'm not sure why it took me so long to read this story,as I am a huge fan of both Mary Ting and Alexandre's Weis! Their work separately is often memorable with book hangovers lasting for weeks and months afterwards!
The concept of this story was unique and quite erotic! There was so much emotion in Behind The Door, I was really feeling for the main character and everything she was going through! Alex and Mary kept me intrigued throughout this whole story,
Leslie Downer
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!!!

I had this book in my kindle library for a very long time waiting for the right time to read it. I honestly didn't think it was going to like it as much as I did. I was enthralled! I giggled like a school girl. The characters were funny. What can I say about Paradise????? What I can say is that I want to go to Paradise. I highly highly highly recommend this book!
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read this series you need to purchase it it's a wow story ,This was my first book by M.Clarke + Alexandrea Weis and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this touching story. This story is written in one person point of view and it will have you so immersed that you won't want to put it down for a moment. There's sweet beautiful Abby who's been very disappointed by all the men in her life, from her father who walked out on her mother and her when Abby was 12 years old and then there ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! WHAT A SEXY STORY! Abby is a workaholic attorney that thought she had the perfect life. When she comes home one day, her boyfriend is packing up to move out. He tells her that she doesn't turn him on anymore. Abby goes into a depression, where everyone at the law firm notice that she's wallowing. Her paralegal and best friend Roman suggests she go check out Paradise. It's a place for people to let go and find themselves. Will Abby be able to let go in order to find herself?

WOW! I absolutely
Movies, Shows,
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Note: This review contains NO spoilers

I absolutely enjoyed reading this serial! Now, Behind the Door: The Complete Series is in one book! Yes! I read each part in this serial, and boy, these parts intensified "behind each door" that had me wanting more. Wow! The intensity and depth of these characters increased the feels in this book. Just check out my reviews on each part!

My review on Part 1
My review on Part 2
My review on Part 3
My review on Part 4
Amber Jones
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
At first you think this "SPA" is going to be a run of the mill place for well off women wanting to de-stress. Oh no that is so not the case. This place is anything but innocent. Sexy, sultry, and will fulfill your every fantasy and desire yes but not INNOCENT by any means.
Abby is curious and want to know more and her curiosity pulls her into an amazing world. One that tempts her more than you can imagine. This taboo world turns this what seems like a good hard working girl into some wanting a ta
Annamaria
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Five Fascinating Stars! Abby had the man of her dreams walk out on her and it leaves her broken hearted. She is advised to go to Paradise to help her forget and relax. What a wild ride and adventure she is on..I loved this new series! What awaits behind the red door? What happens when she walks through the doors could change everything. I highly recommend it you will not be disappointed!

I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Annamaria for Alpha Bo
Taisheena Rayne
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four part series! review:

I read all four parts in a forty eight hour period. I enjoyed the authors and will read more written by them, together or separate.

I delighted in the progression of the storyline. Every mystery or twist is finally answered fully in book four.
The connections that are made throughout the story are well crafted.

I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
4.5 Stars

A really good story. Love the plot and the characters.

This is the perfect way for me to read a serial—in a boxed set. I don’t think I could read this story any other way. It is open of those stories that you need to read to the end.

Full review will post on 1/19 on Badass Bloggettes. http://badassbloggettes.blogspot.com/...

ARC received for an honest review.
Janet Fleckenstein
Fantastic

I loved reading this book I was as fascinated by Paradise as $Abby was,waiting to find what was behind each color of door. And so Lwaya do like a book that ends with awaiting to find more in the series.
Deb
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an interesting read, kept me turning pages. I had a pretty good idea about who it was by the middle, but it was interesting to see it all come together. The steamy parts were pretty good too!!
Margie
Oh my

I absolutely loved this book. It had me from page one, I am so happy how it ended, I wanted Me Hands to be who it was, not trying to give anything away. This is a must read!
Missy  G.
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This was about a girl who's devastated from a bad breakup. She finds herself at a Pleasure House where she meets Mr. Hands. This book was definitely erotic and full of mystery.

• Party Boy in Room 211 (Mr. Right Now #2)
  • Declan Reede: The Untold Story Complete Series (Declan Reede: The Untold Story #1-5)
  • Club X Complete Series
  • Void
  • Marry Me
  • A Girl Like Avery (That Girl is Mine - Complete Series)
  • The Interview - Complete Series
  • Rebecca's Gift: The Complete Series (Rebecca's Gift, #1-3)
  • Underestimated Box Set (Underestimated, #1-3)
  • IGNITE: 5 Romantic Suspense Books (Heroes In Love)
  • Fragile Bonds
  • Past Tense Future Perfect
  • A-List F*ck Club: The Novel (A-List F*ck Club #1-4)
  • Broken: Complete Series (Broken, #1-3)
  • London Lace: Complete Series (London Lace, #1-5)
  • Inferno Falls Trilogy (Books 1-3)
  • Wayward Fighters: Books 1 & 2 (Wayward Fighters #1-2)
  • Fuckers (Biker MC Romance, #1-6)
International Bestselling, Award Winning, Author M. Clarke resides in Southern California. When she started reading new adult novels, she fell in love with the genre. It was the reason she had to write one-Something Great

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2NuOfPE