Start by marking “Fearless (Dartmoor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fearless (Dartmoor, #1)

Fearless

(Dartmoor #1)

From the author of the Walker Series comes a family drama like no other, a sprawling character epic, a forbidden love story full of angst, adventure, heartbreak, and second chances. Welcome to the mother chapter of the Lean Dogs Motorcycle Club; meet the girl raised by outlaws, and the fearsome man who will always hold her heart.

Ava Teague left for college with a busted h
Published January 13th 2015 by CreateSpace (first published January 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fearless, please sign up.
Lauren Gilley It's something I looking into. I'll announce it if I get it posted there :)
Tracey Not at all, this is a complete story. Subsequent books involve a different set of main characters, but we regularly get to 'visit' Ava and Mercy again…moreNot at all, this is a complete story. Subsequent books involve a different set of main characters, but we regularly get to 'visit' Ava and Mercy again throughout the coming books, so you can see what's happening in their lives. Strongly recommend this series - Lauren has quickly become one of my favourite authors. (less)

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Re-read 4/11/18...When in slump, read Fearless, that's my motto...

Original Review:

All the Stars.

What an excellent read.

I am very late to the Dartmoor party and there are so many other detailed and amazing reviews on this.

And I am not pretentious enough to think that I have any original commentary or thoughts to add, so I will keep this short.

description

Well, I'll do my best at least. Ya'll know how I have a tendency to tangent.
(Yes, I'm aware "tangent" is not a verb. Get on board with my slang, Son.)

So
Candace
Wow! I can't believe that it took me so long to read this book, but I'm so glad that I finally did! This book was terrific!

I love MC romances, and 'Fearless' was one of the best that I've read. The characters were well developed and the story drew me in right from the start. Spanning over a decade, this story had an "epic" feel.

The story centers on Ava Teague, who grew up in the Lean Dogs MC. As a young girl, she is exposed to danger and violence. The biker subculture is what she lives and brea
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
4.5 Ms-Gilley-knows-what-she's-doing-people STARS!

I want to live in this EPIC book.

If I did live in this book, Mags would be my BFF and Ghost my husband.

Mags is my peoples.

She would just accept the fact that I stole her husband and we wouldn’t fight over him.

Because she's badass like that.

I’m not sure yet what my relationship with Ava would be like.

I'm afraid I wouldn’t be too crazy about her. At least not in the beginning.

It would take some time to warm up to her because she would be too w
TeriLyn
5+ "It won't hurt forever." Stars

I love stories about MC's. It's without a doubt my favorite kind of book to read thanks to the dynamics of the clubs, the romances within them, the danger always lurking, the secrets, the bone deep loyalty; a skirting-the-edge, free lifestyle that just completely fascinates me. Well, Lauren Gilley blew me away with her interpretation of this life with her characters, and her gorgeous writing in Fearless catapulting her to a new favorite of mine. Fearless in just
DW
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my.... 5+++++ stars. I absolutely loved loved loved this book!!!

photo 60B5B507-07A0-4EBF-AA5C-A27B57BCC552_zpswvob1klm.gif

Mercy absolutely 100% stole my heart. I don't think that I have ever loved a man more than Mercy Le'cuyer. His love for Ava Teague was so wrong yet everything about it was beautiful. The age difference may be an issue for some but not for me.

photo 25FA5C2F-FB6A-4BE5-953A-814EA72AA048_zpsymgyamex.jpg

This book is PERFECT.

photo 48E09FB2-3856-4A13-BEE6-E660C6FFC1DC_zpszcbye3nj.gif

If you love MC books and you haven't read Fearless yet, you are missing out on one hell of a good book. Also, if you love strong women then you absolutely need to mee
~IreneOust~

I finished FEARLESS yesterday and, to be quite honest, I am lost for words. How does one review perfection??

I was lost in this glorious book for almost SEVEN days! 1. because it's 860+ pages long (as per Amazon) and 2. because I was trying to savor the story as much as I wanted to get to the end. Does this make any sense?? Probably not but I think if/when you decide to give this a go, you'll know exactly what I mean.

This book is perfection. From start to finish. P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N! As soon as
Deborah
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-read 8th March to 10th March 2018

If possible I loved this even more the second time round.

Original review.

This is the first book I've read by this author, in fact it's the first time I've even heard of this author.
It's nearly 900 pages long so yes I paused a minute before starting but once I'd started I was completely captivated by this.
Now there's already so many incredible reviews so I'll keep mine brief.
The advantage with this being so long means it can take its time to slowly introduce t
Mo
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, if this book was about 200 pages shorter, it would have been a solid 5 star. It just dragged towards the end... I nearly skimmed. But I didn't.

Whatever our souls are made of,
his and mine are the same.

The subject matter in a way should have had me running for the hills. They meet when she is eight and he is 21 I think. Nothing happens. Don't worry. I don't mind an age gap. I married a younger man myself (six months younger!!! LOL - But Bruce is 16 years older than me so when he dumps
Jan

Freaking loved it!
I actually haven't enjoyed reading a biker book this much since "Move the Sun" by S Fanetti 2 years ago.

Lazy me is copying and past a comm:

Anna ☘ wrote: "Glad it was a winner. If it's as great as Move the Sun then I'm starting it asap :)"

Anna, if I have to choose between them, I would go with Fearless.
I think it has a massive potential to become a movie or a TV series without being a copy of SOA.
The author is so talented. She has a gifted way of telling a story, rich in details
Elfina Renee
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
 photo Fearless 5.jpg
Five brass knuckles for Lauren Gilley’s incredible MC read! This was my first from this amazing author. Her tone is dark, intense, telling a story within a story, and branching out to each of the characters! The adrenaline rush had me glued as the sense of danger lurked within each page.
 photo Fearless 2.jpg
Mercy Lécuyer had been been Ava Teague personal protector, bodyguard and friend from the time she was eight. Some lines should never be crossed, and to do so is not only betraying the Lean Dogs Motorcycle Club
Natalie The Biblioholic
fearlesscover

This author is truly brilliant. With Fearless, she created a MC Club book that was about so much more than a MC Club. Suffice it to say that this book had me awed, enthralled, captivated, enamored, and consumed.

mcclub

This book was quite lengthy, which may be an issue for readers who enjoy a quick read, however, the quantity of words and pages was absolutely necessary. Taking the additional time to read this is most certainly worth the effort.

I can't even being to imagine how the author could have shor
S.M. West
Utterly speechless! Irene raved about and recommended this author/series and I was pretty sure I'd love this because Irene's never steered me wrong...well, love is an understatement. This blew me away. I've spent the past five days wrapped up in the Lean Dogs MC of Knoxville, Tennessee and I want to go back NOW! This was one magnificent read.

Full review to come! I'm diving into book 2 now.

**Won this in a giveaway by Literary Gossip Girls!**
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I know I went in expecting a lot out of this book. Why? Because everyone and their dog seemed to love it! At first I was hesitant because of the size of it, because it is so long. But then I just jumped right in. Sadly, I set myself up for failure...yet again. I wouldn't say I hated it or anything -- I just didn't love it.

Mercy was an awesome H! He was a great mixture of scary, sweet, and sexy. Ava? Well...I had my moments with her. I liked young Ava and the Ava at t
Wendy

Wow this book was long...but it was also awesome !!! I loved it. Thanks to the many wonderful and raving reviews, I wanted to give this one a try and I am so glad I did.

It took me some time to get into it, but once I was in, there was no stopping !!

photo Breckin-Meyer-Thumbs-Up_zpsm9o8k7qg.gif

Ava has always been a biker princess brat. She was born as the daughter of the VP (Ghost) of "The Lean Dogs" MC.
Her mom (Maggie) was only 17, when she was born and her father was 27. He also had a 8-year-old son (Aiden) already, whom her mother raised
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: JENNIFER
I've been contemplating reading this book for the last couple of years but the sheer size of it had me overwhelmed. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the fastest and 1 representing the slowest, of how fast a person can read I'd give myself a score of 4.5. So, a 700+ page book had me thinking of how many hours it would take me to read it. I decided to stop letting the size of the book scare me and to read it. I'm glad I did because now I have a new-to-me author’s books to add to my TBR list. ...more
Michelle [Helen Geek]
September 2017

09/21/2016 -- Look at me! I read it again. Reading the whole series again. Just love it and can't find anything else right now that takes me so deep and so well out of my own head and into another place. Really love this series.

02/21/2016 -- Twice in less than 6 months. I LOVE .. LOVE .. LOVE this story. I've read many by this author and feel she is one of the best out there. She is an auto-buy for me. I get giddy when I know I have a new one of her books to read. Don't you love w
MelissaB
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads, bikers, kindle
I enjoyed this biker romance, the author does a great job of creating a very full, detailed world with many fleshed out characters. I plan on reading the rest of the books in the series as I enjoyed the story and and the author's writing style.

The book lost a star for a couple reasons. The book was LONG. I am glad for a nice fleshed out story but some of the descriptions and details were a bit unnecessary. There were also a ton of flashbacks, I felt like they took up half the story. The last iss
TF
Jul 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Gave up at 69%. It was just too long!
Bev
Hmm, yet another book that's left me conflicted. See, my DNF finger twitched constantly the first third of the book, it just didn't hold my interest. Don't get me wrong, the writing is brilliant, but for me it was a tad bit on the word heavy side. I put it aside several times before knuckling down to get it done. That there already had my alarm bells ringing. Why, when I read for pleasure, should I "get it done"? I really did struggle with the pacing until things kicked off around the 35% mark, ...more
Naksed
It is tough to articulate my opinion of Fearless, by Lauren Gilley, because I am so ambivalent about it. Let's start with the good then. The story is centered on an outlaw motorcycle club in Tennessee, the Lean Dogs. There is a romance between Ava Teague, the daughter of the President of the Club, and her once bodyguard turned lover Felix Lecuyer, nicknamed "Mercy" precisely because of the lack of it he shows to his enemies. There is also a substantial sub plot involving a rival biker gang, an o ...more
Laurie
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I hate serials, and refuse to read them until the series is complete and they are offered in one complete set. Such was the case with Fearless. The last part was published in December and the complete novel was published in January so I thought I would give it a go. I ended up with mixed feelings about it.

I ran a gamut of emotions while reading this, from horrified, to sad, to happy, to totally cracking up, to kinda bored. An MC novel that was full of violence, torture, betrayal, tragedy (trigge
Dee Montoya
10 STARS**********

Nothing better than finding a well written, and electric MC book. And this one was hella good!!!!!

Very character driven, fast paced and each page bleeding with passion. The kind of book and that hooks you from the first page on and leaves a trail on your heart forever.

Mercy the sexy Cajun hero took my breath away at every turn. And the heroine Ava, was badass too. Actually every character made an impression on me, and now I'm on a roll to read every single book in this series.
Beth
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+ Lean Dog Stars
or
5+ Big Son Stars
or
5+ Vol Stars

Can I just say....I love finding new authors and GREAT writing. I mean GREAT.

You know how when something is really great it's over way to soon. Like how fast the kids rip through the presents on Christmas morning. You planned, shopped, wrapped and then in 7 minutes, its all over with. Or Thanksgiving dinner. All that freaking cooking and 20 minutes later there is turkey carcass and baked on sweet potatoes to clean. You want to savor something gre
Reanell Tisdale
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't decide whether to give 4 or 5 stars for Fearless. I finally decided on 5 stars and here's why.

I had a rough time reading Fearless in the first 10% percent because of all the descriptions. She describes EVERYTHING. But once I got past that 10% mark, I was HOOKED! I love a good MC book and I love finding a hidden gem with them. This is that hidden gem. That's why I decided on 5 stars. It completely pulled me into the story 100%.

I would say it is tied with Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan
ELEVENTY BILLION STARS!!!!!!!!
Lise *friends don't flag*
Really liked this one, but way too long.
Saunders
One of the best written books I have read in a while. 861 page turning later and crossed eyes I think Lauren Gilley will become one of my favourite authors. A great introduction to the Lean Dogs MC club.

I absolutely loved everything about this book, characters, writing and 861 pages of sublime reading :)

Maya
BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series
April

Felix (Mercy) Lécuyer is an outlaw biker and personal protector to his "brothers" young daughter, Ava Teague.

Ava practically grew up with Mercy in her life, and from there, a strong bond was formed.

There is a significant age gap between these two (I forget how many years, but I think it's at least 10 years) and I know that the age differences ca
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a good read
I am not sure I can say much more than this book was fantastic. Yes it is longer than average but as it's so good that just makes you happy because there is just more of the awesome to read LOL. The lead female is strong and kick ass and the lead guy is HUGE and HOT great characteristics if you ask me. The story is great but it is the way it is told from so many different POV's that keeps you so hooked through out.
I loved their time in New Orleans the best as it's a place that intrigues me with
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Hawke
  • Torched (Iron Serpents Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Sanctuary (The Freaks MC, #2)
  • Lock & Key (Lock & Key, #1)
  • Blood in the Water (Kairos #1)
  • For Her Honor (Mountain Skulls MC #2)
  • For Life (Moroad Motorcycle Club, #2)
  • Wolf (The Henchmen MC, #3)
Writer of characters more interesting than herself: https://www.facebook.com/Lauren-Gille...

Dartmoor (6 books)
  • Price of Angels (Dartmoor, #2)
  • The Skeleton King (Dartmoor, #3)
  • Secondhand Smoke (Dartmoor, #4)
  • Loverboy (Dartmoor, #5)
  • American Hellhound (Dartmoor, #6)
“Never before had he said such long strings of sentences in French before, like he did now. In the sheltering dark, his thrusts were slow, deep, sure, his hands digging bruises into her hips, the French rolling in thick purrs off his tongue; she had the impression it was sexual, whatever he said, the way the words caressed and encouraged her.” 9 likes
“She'd put her teeth in his heart, long ago, and he'd left the print there, evidence that he wanted her love. That he returned it.” 8 likes