Start by marking “Torchwood: Hidden” as Want to Read:
Torchwood: Hidden

Torchwood: Hidden

(Torchwood Audio Exclusives #1)

Outside the Government, beyond the police, fighting for the future on behalf of the human race. The 21st century is when everything changes and Torchwood is ready. Led by the mysterious and enigmatic Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood delves into the unknown and fights the impossible... After a series of violent and seemingly unrelated deaths, the solution to a riddle seems ...more
Audio CD
Published February 4th 2008 by BBC Audiobooks

To ask other readers questions about Torchwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torchwood

Leila Anani
Samuel Rooke
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
“Hidden” is an odd story in an odd range, a series of ten audiobooks not based on any actual books. That is, these stories were never released in print, they exist only as read-aloud-audiobooks, even though the actual writing is entirely prose and in every sense a novel.

This enlivens the actual stories being told quite a bit, as an issue with some of the prose Torchwood novels was dialogue that, while it well may have fit into the first series of the show (for better or worse), came across as aw
Chent Higson
So far, Naoko Mori is definitely my favourite reader of the Torchwood cast so far. She only lightly changes her voice for each character, which suits me because Eve Myles' American accent was truly distracting.
As for the story, it was pretty fun and and classic Torchwood stuff, but there was way too little Jack for my liking. Also wayyyy to little Jack/Ianto interaction. The characterisation, for the most part, was pretty spot on, particularly with Owen. It was easy to tell who was sp
Derelict Space Sheep
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: doctor-who
42 WORD REVIEW:

Untethered action scenes adrift on an oil-slick mix of lifeless plot and overly detailed backstory. Published just prior to Series Two, ‘Hidden’ harks back to Series One where the leads were gung-ho and hapless, flapping about with the perspicacity of misdirected salmon.
Gabriel Mero
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was not expecting this to be so long and in depth. Naoko Mori did a fantastic job as narrator (she even used the proper American accent for Jack.) I look forward to the subsequent books in the series.
Elizabeth
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Probably the best use of alchemy in the Whoniverse.
osoi
Как бы я ни любила старую команду, Тош всегда выпадала. Она немного ожила в конце второго сезона, когда, собственно, настало ее время покинуть Торчвуд – да, знаю, это ужасно несправедливо. Компьютерный гений, серая мышка, безнадежно влюбленная в коллегу, с тихим и дико невыразительным голосом – вот такой я помню Тош.
Претензии конкретно Наоко Мори. Дорогая, я понимаю, что у тебя донельзя скучный персонаж, но раскрась его красками хоть чуть-чуть в аудиокниге? Все твои коллеги уже попробовали себя
Lizabeth Tucker
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read by the lovely and talented Naoko Mori (aka Toshiko Sato), this is a marvelous adventure story, set during Series One, that rates as 90% satisfying in my mind.

A series of mysterious deaths have Captain Jack Harkness tearing out of the Hub without letting the others know where he is going to, then can't be found anywhere by the rest of his worried team as more deaths appear. As Gwen, Ianto, Owen, and Tosh try to find their missing Captain while working on why the deaths had Jack concerned, t
Nicholas Whyte
"http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/1277018.html[return][return]The first of the non-printed series of Torchwood audio books, by Stephen Savile and read by Naoko 'Tosh' Mori, set before the end of Series 1, so with a full five-member team. I am getting into these, I must say, having enjoyed The Sin Eaters earlier in the month: Naoko Mori has a quiet voice, but is intense when she needs to be, and also is good at doing the others' accents without sounding like she is taking the piss. The story is a de ...more
KenazNYC
Apr 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Squeeing Torchwood fangirls
Believe it or not, this is the first audiobook I've ever gotten. My parents used to force me to listen to their mysteries on tape when we took family road trips, so I had always thought of audiobooks as hopelessly geriatric. But being able to zone out to Naoko Mori's voice on the way to work was a treat. I thought the characterizations here ran very true to canon. These books are not literature any more than Torchwood itself is a cinematic masterpiece. There are some cliche elements and some rea ...more
Mikael Kuoppala
Jun 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Steven Savile's Torchwood thriller isn't particularly thrilling, even if it manages to offer some interesting concepts and solid prose. This is one of those Torchwood books that don't have any obvious faults and offer some nice content, but that still seem a bit unremarkable. There is a certain heaviness in Savile's prose that cripples the narrative further, even if his characterization feels right.

It's nice to see the team work together without Jack though, particularly as the tale can tap into
Mayda
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it

This BBC audio book, a sci-fi thriller, takes place during the first series of Torchwood. Captain Jack Harkness is being interrogated by police for most of this tale, while the Torchwood team strives to solve seemingly unrelated murders and free Jack. Well performed by Naoko Mori, it is sure to delight fans of the series.
Jenette
This one was very predictable though that didn't make it any less enjoyable. I do think I came across as a weirdo because I was shouting the word "cloning" a little too emphatically because everyone else was taking a bit too long to catch on but it was still a nice look back at the Torchwood I used to love before they tried to make it with the Americans.
Jeremy
Dec 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2008
Good characterizations. Wonderfully read by Naoko Mori, and her attempt at Jack's American accent made me grin, but there was not much really alien in this one, and Ianto was out of commission for the last half, so I was kind of... enh.
Jeneé
I liked this one a lot more than Everyone Says Hello. And Naoko's attempt at an American accent is adorable lol. I think the only problem with the Torchwood books is that they have a hard time nailing down Jacks character. Nice easy read/listen.
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
The other Torchwood audio book I listened was a dramatisation, so I was slightly disappointed to find that this one wasn't. It was still entertaining though, even if I didn't have a clue what was going on most of the time :D
Randy Clays
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
audiobook on to/from to work
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was great! another Torchwood masterpiece. Although at the end I expected more. But it was good none the less.
Kristina Brown
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: torchwood, audio
Very dramatic tale read by the wonderful voice talent of Naoki Mori. Jack doesn't really have a lot to do in this. Its up to the rest of the team to figure it out.
Paola Valera
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
What was this one even about again? Oh well. It deserves another listen through- at least for Naoko Mori's "American English" accent for Jack.
Idamus
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
re-listen
katie
Feb 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Not my favourite Torchwood story/book/whatever, but I really liked the character bits.
Magdalena
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
Some phrases were overused in the narration and I must say it bugged me a little.
Eri
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: torchwood
Kayla
rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Torchwood: The Sin Eaters
  • Torchwood: Everyone Says Hello
  • Torchwood: In the Shadows
  • The House That Jack Built (Torchwood, #12)
  • Pack Animals (Torchwood, #7)
  • Into the Silence (Torchwood, #10)
  • Slow Decay (Torchwood, #3)
  • Skypoint (Torchwood, #8)
  • The Twilight Streets (Torchwood, #6)
  • Trace Memory (Torchwood, #5)
  • Risk Assessment (Torchwood, #13)
  • Bay of the Dead (Torchwood, #11)
  • Something in the Water (Torchwood, #4)
  • Consequences (Torchwood, #15)
  • Torchwood: Asylum
  • Torchwood: Submission
  • Torchwood: The Devil and Miss Carew
Steven Savile (born October 12, 1969, in Newcastle, England) is a British fantasy, horror and thriller writer, and editor living in Sala, Sweden.

Under the Ronan Frost penname (inspired by the hero of his bestselling novel, Silver) he has also written the action thriller White Peak, and as Matt Langley was a finalist for the People's Book Prize.

Torchwood Audio Exclusives (10 books)
  • Torchwood: Everyone Says Hello