Start by marking “Aconite (The Elektita Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Aconite (The Elektita Series Book 1)

Aconite (The Elektita Series Book 1)

Who knew a truck stop post card would send Alexis Davis' life spiraling out of control only to discover a supernatural destiny that she never knew existed.
Not wanting to follow in her mother's footsteps, she embarks on a new adventure. Armed with a fresh tattoo and desire for freedom, she winds up in the quaint fishing town of Reedsport, Oregon.
Alex meets two men that aw
Published January 12th 2015 by Christine Alvarez (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Aconite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aconite

Lynde Shaw
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic debut novel by a talented new author! I had the pleasure of beta reading this book, and the story intrigued me. Alexis Davis is a young woman trying to find her way. She's always felt like she didn't belong. This leads her to Reedsport, Oregon and two mysterious men who each affect her in different ways. Strange dreams occur nightly, leaving Alexis with questions about who and what she is. In Reedsport, her past and present collide. The paranormal elements are well done and the chemi ...more
Sarah Hill
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved this book. it is one of those stories that you can't put down. it keeps it's mystery. the men in this book are hot and you want to love them and hate them all at the same time! the leading lady is super strong even though she is kept in the dark. there are lots of secrets that she needs to uncover to find out who she is. i would recommend this book very highly. Christine Alvarez is now going on my list of favourite authors. i will be keeping my eyes open for more of her work.
K. J. Coakley
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is an excellent start to a very promising series. There's a whole lot of mystery and intrigue that I can't wait to see unravel in future installments. The plot was solid and the character development will keep you on edge. Stories with flashbacks are not easy to write, but I never found myself pulled from the story or confused by awkward transitions. It was seamless and executed flawlessly. Well done!
Undeniably Addicted to Books
RATING: 5 STARS

Lupo, witches and reincarnation. A very interesting combination, delivered in a manner that was fresh and inviting. Christine has brought forth a book that kept me hooked from the first page.

Alexis finds her way to the small town of Reedsport. A run-in with Sebastian means a job opportunity loss, but she's quick to recover and begins working at the local cafe, where we meet Jonathon and Jo. Life is unsettled, and feels very odd to Alexis, with so many questions, and nobody being
Elle Vaughn
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. It draws you in instantly and you want to know more about these characters. There is so much happening and so much emotion. I enjoyed every minute of this book and highly recommend it. It will keep you guessing until the very end.
Jerrie Bryant
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I am impressed this is her first book. I was drawn into the story line immediately and I couldn't put the book down until I finished it. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aconite is an interesting read. At first i had no idea what to expect but it didnt take long before I was completely drawn into the story. I found the characters fascinating. I kept wondering what their story was, who they REALLY were, what they had up their sleeves lol. I wasnt sure who was good, bad or misguided. I did not know who to trust. Christine Alvarez has the unique ability to create such interesting and complex characters that you are constantly second guessing yourself. Is Johnathon ...more
Laura Reading
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alexis chooses her destination based on a postcard and her occuation based on proximity and financial need. At the beginning, where she first meets the men, the interaction between characters made me very uncomfortable. Everyone in this book starts out as unpredictable and strange.
And what is going on with Alexis's new tattoo?
This is a study in the abnormal with a lot of trust issues.
Doing what one must to survive, and being intrigued enough not to quit.

Wow. An interesting and amazing start to
Pam
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wouldn't it be nice to choose a postcard and decide to go there. Well that's exactly what Alexis Davies does. She leaves her parents and there controlling ways to figure out what her life is meant to be. So she decides to go to Reedsport. But Reedsport doesn't give her the quaint little life she wanted. She is drawn to the two men in the town and can't figure out why. Hence follows the story of a power she never knew she had and a life she has had before. But who can she trust in this new world ...more
Donna
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved learning about the Elektita and Alexis' past. There are still a lot of questions that I felt weren't answered. I honestly didn't know whether to like or hate Sebastian & Jonathan. They both have done horrendous things but they do it out of love in a very misguided way, I suppose. I wanted to give this book a 4 star but it needs an editor in a very bad way. Words that sound the same but mean totally different things are all thru the book. Other than that, I ...more
Miriam
What if everything you thought you knew about yourself ended up being half-truths? What if you discovered the life you now lived was only one of many? What would you do if the chance to learn more about yourself presented itself? Would you take it? Would you want to take it?

If my life weren't as complicated as Alexis', I would. But if I lived her life, I'm not so sure.

Alexis is a walking, talking, living, breathing complication. At first, I was super confused as to who she was, what she was abou
Chelly Peeler
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexis Davis is sort of your average girl – average looking, going to college, working, but she is plagued with dreams. She decides she doesn’t want this life – the life her parents want for her – so she packs up and leaves. Starting out with a new tattoo and a postcard from a truck stop, she finds herself in a small fishing town in Oregon, and she soon learns that her life is FAR from average.

While looking for a job, she meets a couple of interesting (and insanely HOT) guys – Jonathon Evans, o
Cassidy O'Connor
Great debut book by this author, I loved the depth and detail she used to help me feel like I was a part of the story. She created a great complex story line that kept me guessing through the entire story. I love the idea of these people in Alex's life who are so devoted to her they chose to turn immortal and follow her through her many lives. I can't wait for book 2!
Elizabeth
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad I finally got to read this book. Totally had me on the edge of my seat throughout every memory! So many feelings I can't even begin to imagine being torn apart in trying to understand ones so called destiny. I must read part 2!
MELODY
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful debut novel by Christine Alvarez! I have to say I couldn't put it down.

Alexis is at a crossroads in her life and when she sees a postcard of an idyllic little town she finds herself drawn to it. There the story begins. When she gets to town she meets to men Jonathan and Sebastian. She meets friends that she feels she has known forever and then her dreams and magic abilities start to surface. This leaves Alexis trying to figure out both who and what she is. With each answer she
Terri Wilson
I am constantly coming across new authors and their series. I hate to start a series in the middle, so that means I need to go back a few years and catch up with all the previous books. This is a series I would like to binge read all in a weekend. If I could I would give it a 3.5. The story is an interesting twist and I believe the author will continue to develop the storyline and the characters.
Sue Davis
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
THIS IS FIRST OF A NEW SERIES...DON'T MISS IT....THIS IS ONE GREAT STORY
I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR AN HONEST REVIEW AND THIS IS MY HONEST OPINION
We have Ms. Alexis Davis leaving her mid-western Missouri parents home because they think they should decide everything for her and she wants to find out for herself where she belongs cause she knows it is not there. So she has come across a postcard from a station of Reedsport, Oregon and heads there. On arrival there ,with little money she checks i
Charity Chimni
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who is Alexis? Who is Sebastian? Who is Jonathon? How do they know Alexis? Aconite reveals the connection between the three characters in an interesting suspenseful story. Alexis left home to be on her own and find herself. She learns more than she bargained for. Will the past repeat itself? Or will the trio and their closest friends be able to write their own future? Although the book ends with a cliffhanger, which I despise, the story is worth the torture. Christine has woven a story to draw y ...more
Amber
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I was sucked into this one from the start and couldn't put it down til I finished it!

There was such a big mystery in this. Alexis is trying to figure out who she really is and with every new insight and question answered a ton more follow.

All of the characters are so complex. When you think one may be a bad guy the next chapter you find something new out. Nobody is who they really seem. I am so torn between Jonathan and Sebastian. Each are very egotistical and think they know what's best for
Robin
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting, well-written book. Alexis sees a postcard at a truck stop and decides to travel to Reedsport, Oregon. She starts to discover a supernatural destiny and the lines between her past, present and future become blurred. She meets two men and starts to have inexplicable feelings and dreams, as well as the conviction that these men are familiar to her in ways she doesn't understand. She doesn't know who to trust or what is real. I enjoyed this book and want to read the remainin ...more
Miranda Shanklin
This story is a unique one. I found myself unable to put the book down. It was full of surprises and twists that I didn't see coming. A new twist on the supernatural world.

As Alexis tries to control a power that she doesn't understand she is faced with so many more obstacles than she can easily deal with.

She avoids what she can't deal with at the moment and tries to figure out the best way to deal with the most important ones. Now she just has to figure out who she can trust.
Elaine
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good book

This is a new author to me. I enjoy stories with witches,werewolves, magic and mystery. I did have a little trouble following the story in the beginning but after a few chapters it was making more sense. It ends well leaving me wanting to know more. So I'm off to find out what happens next.
Marsha
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Aconite by Christine Alvarez is 5 star fantastic. I was pulled into this mysterious paranormal story line so quickly that I developed booklash. These characters are strong and consistently written but so full of secrets. Even now, amidst my book hangover, I have more questions than answers. This is no doubt going to be a great series. I am already looking for book 2.
anne pavlish
Dec 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Don't bother

This book made no sense to me at all. I thought with an explanation all would be well, not.
I was lost from the beginning and nothing ever made sense, nor was any explanation forthcoming.
Kathryn
I kinda felt like I was missing a whole lot during the entirety of this story. Like there was another story before I got to this one. It's a hit and miss for me, while it is an interesting premise, my attention wandered.
melissa carter