Start by marking “Mimi's Adventures in Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies” as Want to Read:
Mimi's Adventures in Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mimi's Adventures in Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies

Embark on a baking adventure with Mimi where she will measure, mix, and bake her way to the perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies. If Mimi can do it, so can you!
Hardcover
Published March 2015 by Mascot Books

Be the first to ask a question about Mimi's Adventures in Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies

Miss Meghan's Class
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2-review
Anyone who follows my reviews knows that I love children's books and have a group of children that I share these stories with (our "reading time" on my front porch), plus I love anything having to do with cooking, so when I was asked to take part in the blog tour for this book, I could not pass it up.

I think I am especially hard on children's books. I don't want children growing up thinking that bad writing is okay, that you have to settle on books that are not exciting or fun, or get misinforma
Laura A. Grace
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fantastic children’s cook book! From the very beginning it grabs children’s attention and continues to build excitement while teaching how to bake chocolate chip cookies. The cute facial expressions and bright colors only help keep a child’s attention.

The book is very descriptive with each step, but it’s not over done where a child could lose interest such as the gathering of the ingredients/equipment and talking about safety. I liked how the steps are also broken down in a fun wa
Cheryl Malandrinos
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mimi's dreams of ingredients leads her to ask Nonni to help her bake chocolate chip cookies for everyone to enjoy. This delightful and educational book will help you create fun times for you and your child in the kitchen. Readers can follow along with Mimi and Nonni as they make chocolate chip cookies, then flip to the end where the recipe for Nonni's Chocolate Chip Cookies appears. There is also a page with substitutions, so readers can get a creative with their cookie recipe.

I loved this book
Kirstin Pulioff
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Since my daughter wants to be a chef when she grows up, I have read several cooking books and cookbooks with her, but nothing comparable to Mimi's Adventure in Baking Chocolate Cookies. What a fabulous book!

Not only does this book describe the technique and recipe for baking cookies, but it also focuses on a story. There are many ways to read this story. You can simple read it as a wonderful book. You can focus on the bright illustrations. The ingredients and steps make for the perfect math focu
Michelle Bowles
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is so adorable!
SJ
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this children's book. There are lots of lessons about kitchen safety and measuring as well as fun. And the main character calls her grandmother Nonni, just like my daughter does. I want the rest of the series.
Lynda Dickson
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 5+
Shelves: children
Mimi dreams of clouds of flour and mountains of chocolate chips and, when she wakes up, all she wants to do is bake chocolate chip cookies. But she's never done it before, so she asks for Nonni's help. Nonni finds the recipe and teaches Mimi how to collect all the necessary ingredients and materials before starting. Then Nonni shows Mimi how to measure each ingredient. She also answers all of Mimi's questions, including why we add salt to a sweet recipe. And finally, they get to bake!

This is a c
Sue Brooks
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome cut children's cookbook!!! I volunteered to read this with my Great Niece (since I don't have any grandchildren of my own yet). But once I received the book, I didn't want to wait for Addison to be there to read it with me -- so I decided to read it on my own for now. AND OMG -- this is such an awesome book!!!

I love the illustrations throughout the whole book -- the bright colors and the cute facial expressions will definitely keep a young child's attention. I also like that the
Zachary
Oct 15, 2017
Vuthy Ratankrita
Jan 26, 2018
1 follower
Chef Alyssa has been baking since she was a little girl in her grandmother's kitchen. Since graduating from the Culinary Institute of America she has worked for famous chefs and elite companies such as the Ritz Carlton, Tom Colicchio, Norman Van Aken and Gray Kunz. She currently is the Executive Chef at Riverwalk Bar and Grill on the Historic nook of New York City, Roosevelt Island. She also has a ...more