Start by marking “Cut Here” as Want to Read:
Cut Here

Read Book

Cut Here

(The Cut Series #1)

Sixteen-year-old Lena Martin’s idyllic world shatters the night her mother dies due to a hit and run accident. Two years later, her dad relocates her from Italy to Los Angeles to help her put behind the time spent in a psychiatric ward following her mother’s death. But the move only proves to be a fatal mistake. Shortly after her arrival, the classmates of her new private ...more
376 pages
Published February 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Cut Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut Here

Start your review of Cut Here
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Azzurra Nox.)

“I’ll give you a better life. Join me. You can’t save them. They’re all dead, they just don’t know it yet.”

This was an interesting paranormal mystery story, and I really didn’t guess where the storyline would go!

I felt quite sorry for Lena in this book, not only had she lost her mother suddenly, but she felt guilty like she herself was responsible. It also couldn’t have been easy
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Mar 07, 2015 marked it as never-in-a-million-years
Shelves: y-do-i-do-dis
Did not finish at 17%.

This book did not work for me.

I feel like as a whole, this book was confused. This book did not know what it wanted to be. It is toted as a "paranormal urban fantasy" but it is set in high school, so the premise to me, seems more YA than anything else. I won't lie, I was intrigued by the blurb and had hopes that it would be in the same vein as Vampire Academy but it was nothing like that at all.

Firstly , in the twelve chapters I read, only six of them were from Lena's
Sibil
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I think it's more 1.5 stars....
Abbie
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from the author, In exchange for an honest review.)

The characters in this were okay, and I felt sorry for a few of them at points, but I didn't love them.

This started out really interesting, but I did get confused a few times. The story went from one character to another, and it wasn't always made clear who we were reading about until a few lines in.
Around halfway, the story turned a bit strange, so I lost interest slightly.

Overall, An okay read.
Marsha
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
(2.5 Stars)
This book was provided to me for free by the author for an honest review.

When I first read the book summary for "Cut Here" I expecting to read another high school teen drama with vampires or weres. I was delighted to find that the story line for this novel is quite unique and creative like nothing we've seen on the YA literary market. Unfortunately, I had several problems with this book that in the end left me feeling flustered rather than fascinated.

Lena Martin has lived the life of
Heather
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I grabbed Cut Here after seeing the cover on Amazon. I love that cover so much. I didn’t even read the blurb. I know we aren’t supposed to judge a book by it’s cover but truly, can you blame me?

Cut Here is extremely unique. I don’t think I have ever read another book quite like this one. It’s YA, but as an adult, I really liked this one. It’s set in high school and has your normal teenage drama but then there is a lot of stuff going on that doesn’t happen to anyone in high school.

I don’t know
Rivalie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
(Received a copy for review, my opinions are 100% my own)

Cut Here follows Lena Martin, a newbie at St. Lucy Academy with a tragic past. Her mother's death shatters her perfect world and her father hopes that the move will put some distance between her and the tragedy, but it seems as if death has followed them from Italy to California. Before Lena's arrival, life at St. Lucy Academy was typical to any other school, but once Lena arrives, the perfect students start committing suicide one by one.
Jen Lemons
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cut Here.

4 STARS

I received a free copy in exchange for a review. (SPOILERS AHEAD)

CUT HERE is a modern, paranormal romance filled with murder, mystery, and celestial fun. The story mostly revolves around two main characters, Lena and Jonathan (Jon). Both attend a prissy private school where the students mysteriously start committing suicide. The only connection is a popular horror novel, CUT HERE.

Overall I really enjoyed the book. The cast was fun and I loved the POV and time jumps. The premise
Brittany
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So...first, I was given this book by the author if I provided a review...with that being said...cool points for sure!
Second...there were a few grammatical errors but I'm not here to be a grammar nazi...I'm here to critique content. On to the review...beware of potential spoilers!
I was surprised by how much I liked this book. Honestly, I'm not sure it's something I would have picked up without the author having reached out to me...but I'm glad she did! In the beginning, I kept turning the pages
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
This book was given to me by the author for an honest review. Real rating: 3.5
What worked for me:
- The descriptions are very well made. The author uses a very extensive vocabulary which I greatly enjoyed.
- I really loved the different perspectives given by several characters.
- The mystery was so good. I honestly felt sorry for the dead characters.
- I loved Jon very much, it was nice to see his thoughts and hear about his past and how deeply it affected him. He is just the sort of male
Stina
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I was given this book in exchange for a fair review**

First off, apparently Ms. Nox had me pegged. Everything about this book appealed to me and after reading the blurb, I knew we were going to have a lovely relationship.

The book plays out very much like an Asian horror flick, which is a fantastic thing. The chapters rotate through several character's view points. I thought only one or two of them were a little unnecessary to the plot, making it a little long in some areas, but I enjoyed them
Arkham Reviews
This novel was actually not what I was expecting from the synopsis. It really is a story of two halves. Part is a competent horror story. It had the feel of a J-Horror story in vein of Ringu or Chakushin Ari, focusing on a sinister object (in this case, a book) bringing disaster to those who read it. However, it was incredibly character driven for a teen horror story, introducing a large cast and taking time to ensure that each of them was thoroughly fleshed out.

Through spending time to show the
Erika Zini
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cut Here è un romanzo decisamente particolare. Ho finito ieri la lettura e sto cercando di radunare le idee per poterlo spiegare al meglio senza svelare troppo o correrei il rischio di rovinarvi la lettura.

Innanzitutto, l'idea ricalca quella di alcuni J-Horror come The Ring, dove un manufatto è all'origine di una specie di maledizione. In questo caso non si parla di videocassette killer ma di un libro dall'emblematico titolo Cut Here. Dopo averlo letto, le persone muoiono secondo modalità che
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review here on my blog and and I couldn't be more satisfied.

From the minute I started reading Cut Here I was hooked. A flawless and smooth story line that will quickly endear you to Lena and Jon, both whom have suffered devastating losses in their lives. You'll find yourself getting attached to all the characters and you'll learn truths about Adriel.

This is a fast paced story line with vivid descriptions that grasp
Christina
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Cut Here is about a sixteen-year-old student named Lena who has moved to LA to get away from her past and come to terms with her mothers death two years prior. Shortly after she arrives at her new school, students begin to commit suicide in a suspicious manner after reading a cult horror: Cut Here. Lena, along with new friends Hope and Jonathan try to discover what's happening after they all hear loud wings flapping accompanied by a floral scent taking over their senses. The book is a mystery YA ...more
Michelle Gaddis
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my honest opinion I hope it doesn't offend anyone. I believe that the book was all over the place to many characters to keep up with then the jumping from previous time to new time to different characters it just got to much for me to hold my interest. I like the plot and the meaning of the story wish there was a little bit more action involved but other then that that plot of the novel was great. now the characters that I did keep up with where fantastic. Azzurra Nox writes them to make ...more
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
When I read the synopsis of this book I thought it would be something I would like.
Sadly I didn’t enjoy the book as much as I hoped. The story and plotline were a great idea and I really enjoyed it but the characters and some other things I just didn’t enjoy as much.
For one I though the book was way too busy with characters, too many characters at one point that it often got confusing. Some of the characters were way to over the top with everything feelings and all and then there were some that
britt | averagebibliophile
Lory Blanco
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
This book really captured my attention from the beginning. It has a really interesting plot and characters. What I didn't like was that there were many characters so at times it was very confusing and kind of scattered. But other than that it was a very enjoyable book.
Laura Salvay
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was the most painful book to read, as in actually physically painfully bad..
and the worst part isn't even the bad part.. it's the fact that this author is honestly one of the most gifted authors, i don't think i've ever read anything that beautifully written. and yet she completely fucks it up.

The thing is, it was like she had her favorite characters and she refused to give them any flaws, Lena is the most pathetically perfect character ever, i would rather read an entire book with umbridge
Samantha Julmisse
booknerd
May 30, 2016
صديق الحكيم
Jun 09, 2015
Born in Catania, Sicily, she has led a nomadic life since birth. She has lived in various European cities and Cuba, and currently resides in the Los Angeles area. Always an avid reader and writer from a young age, she loved entertaining her friends with ghost stories. She loves horror movies, cats, and a good rock show. She dislikes Mondays and chick-flicks. CUT HERE, her debut paranormal urban ...more