Start by marking “Voices, Old & New” as Want to Read:
Voices, Old & New

Voices, Old & New

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Voices, Old & New is a fantastic collection of short stories featuring the very best submissions from Indireads’ 2nd Short Story Competition 2014. It is available for purchase on Amazon, and is also available for free, as a thank-you gift, for a limited time, to all new and existing subscribers of the Indireads newsletter.
Click here to get your free copy now: www.indi
Published January 15th 2015 by Indireads

To ask other readers questions about Voices, Old & New, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voices, Old & New

Dhivya Balaji
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For the first time ever, a Summary of the book doesn’t gloss up or exaggerate the contents. ‘Voices, Old & New’ is exactly what it promises to be – a fantastic collection of short stories. There can be no other explanation for it. Never has a book of short stories impressed me so much as this one! The language and the editing – complete with the grammar, are perfect, and it is a real treat to read such beautifully written stories. Easily, this tops ALL the Indireads books I have read so far ...more
Summerita Rhayne
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was interesting and eye opening to read this book. Aptly named Voices, it brought to me the voices of a variety of authors. Some were suave, some raw but all very straight from the heart and that made me realise that after all, though we place such an emphasis on editing and story structure, what we look for in stories, are ideas. Thanks Naheed, Indireads for bringing those into focus. The presentation is superb, the sectioning into categories and the recommended reads makes for easy picking. ...more
Meera
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Voices New and Old – A fine collection of 26 short stories complied by Indireads. All the stories were good; some of the stories had rare mysterious ending, some tad boring, some like an abstract painting – kept me wondering and confused. Categorizing the stories under various genres was a good approach and will help the readers to pick their favorite segment. I particularly liked the Romance section as a good number of the stories where refreshing, believable, bold and out of the box. A special ...more
Biswanath Banerjee
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
An anthology of stories should tell about the spring of the life as well as the winter, it should present the tears as well as joy. At the same time it should explore life from different perspective. From this viewpoint ‘Voices old and new’ is a perfect collection.
This collection of stories presents all auras of life-may it be good, bad or ugly. The book consists of twenty six stories of different genre proudly marching ahead, presenting different shades of life.
The first thing you are going to
Manogna
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved some of the stories so much; they have left an impression on me, like an after-taste that lingers after a sumptuous meal.

The beauty of the story The Ballet Lesson which unfolds during a ballet; the simplicity of The Talk; the enormity of a person's grief in The Last Thread , the absolute horror I felt reading Where Darkness Reigns, the sweet feeling of happiness which is bestowed on the deserving person in the Only You; the to-the -point and deep Revenge, the haunting and shocking Within
Ipshita Ranjana
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Voices, Old & New is a collection of short stories by various Indireads authors.The stories are of different genres and lengths so you never know what you will find as you turn the page and go to the next story.Some of the stories were very well written and left a lasting impression on me .Some of them were too short and over before I had gotten my head around what was going on but overall,I loved the collection and enjoyed the whole book.All the stories stand alone and share no connection w ...more
Mickey
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice lit journal with a wide range of excellent writing in various genres. I especially enjoyed "Meeting by Arrangement" by Maria Perry Mohan. Not a single wasted word, the story is full of wonderful sensory details and the fresh scent of India.
Vishal
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hi this a compressed review of the book. Click on the link for full review:

First of all, I wish to thank Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan who sent a copy to me after I made a request. A big thank you to all the authors for the effort in the making of the book and, of course Indireads who are encouraging authors who write Asian stories. I apologize for putting the review quite late due to time constraint.

The best thing about collection of short stories or what is ca
Archana Mohan
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
A beautiful collection of stories categorized according to their genres, so I could choose which story I wanted to read depending on my mood. The stories are filled with surprises of twists and turns. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and quite sad at times to see some stories so short.
Book Ninja
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a collection of short stories by Indireads. All the stories are very well written. The stories are of all genres, so you don't get bored reading it.
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
Rating Edit: 3.5 stars

Voices, Old & New is a collection of 26 short stories, featuring stories across 4 genres - Crime/Mystery, Drama, Paranormal, and Romance.

Normally, I don’t go in for short story collections; no particular reason, just prefer full-length books.

So this book happens to be the very first anthology that I have read. Which is why, going in, I did not have any expectations or preconceived notions.

Okay, that is not completely true. While I did have an open mind, I was looking
Ada Light
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Wonderful short stories on various genres. Something you'll really love and can't put down.
Aparna
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice collection of short stories of various genre...romance, paranormal, drama, crime and mystery. Nice collection of short stories by Indireads authors. Some stories are heart touching, some soul touching. each story of each genre holds a unique story with a message within which leaves the reader spell bound and thoughtful after each story.

Enjoyed reading the stories, each and every one of them... Nice worth n definitely a good and must read and keep too.
Tejus
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
A beautiful anthology. All stories were pleasant reads. My personal favorites were 'seven forty two ' and 'Keep the lid on'.
Sachin  Prabhu
Jan 28, 2015
Sarita Rajiv
Feb 04, 2015
Ruchi Singh
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: anthology
Tarang Sinha
Jan 19, 2015
Anamika G.K.
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rajlakshmi HB