Start by marking “Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)” as Want to Read:
Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)

Twenty Wishes

(Blossom Street #5)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  14,686 ratings  ·  1,169 reviews
What do you want most in the world?

What Anne Marie Roche wants is to find happiness again. At thirty-eight, she's childless, a recent widow, alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle's Blossom Street, but despite her accomplishments, there's a feeling of emptiness.

On Valentine's Day, Anne Marie and several other widows get together to celebrate…hope. They each begi
Published April 29th 2008 by MIRA (first published January 1st 2008)

·  14,686 ratings  ·  1,169 reviews

Rebecca
Aug 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book has actually changed my life. It is a novel about making goals for yourself in your life. I loved it. I actually made a 20 wishes list for myself and have completed one wish so far. It makes me excited to try new things in life and remember some of the goals I have had in life.

Amber
Apr 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This would have to be one of my favorite in the Blossom Street Book Series.

1. The Shop on Blossom Street
2. The Good Yarn
3. Susannah's Garden
4. Back on Blossom Street
5. Twenty Wishes
6. Summer on Blossom Street?
7. Hannah's List

I fell in love with the characters. I can't wait for the next book.
Susan Mallery
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, and I'm really excited to read Debbie's story "The Twenty-First Wish" in THE KNITTING DIARIES. (Full disclosure - I wrote one of the stories in THE KNITTING DIARIES, too.)
Patricia
Mar 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
At the annual Christmas party of the Sisters of the Sauna, the conversation turned to books as it often does. Our hostess, an excellent storyteller, said that she had read this book and it changed her life. She said that she had begun practicing random a acts of kindness with suprising outcomes. As my antenna is always scaniing the conversations of my friends for great books, I decided to search for it. I secretly hoped it wasn't one of those selfhelp books preach about changing my gutterbound w ...more
Christiana
Jun 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It made me realize that no matter what happens you shouldn't give up hope or stop wishing.

I like the fact that Debbie Macomber is able to weave characters that have flaws and problems just like the rest of us but they aren't so over the top that you don't believe them.

She also gives you updates about characters in previous Bloomsom Street books and works them into the story. It was like hanging out with old friends and making new ones.
bookczuk
Jun 14, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to bookczuk by: cheryl jones (reggiesgirl)
This was one of the last books bumma was reading, and while she didn't have the strength to finish it, the idea of a group of widows meeting made her wistful. She lost her beloved 28 years ago today, which would have been their 68th anniversary, and never loved another man. She told me once that she thought when my dad first died, that she might remarry, because she was so young. But she soon realized she had no interest in finding another man. She found other passions in her life: grandchildren ...more
Lynne
Jul 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
CIP: What do you want most in the world?

Anne Marie Roche wants to find happiness again. At 38 her life s not what she d expected--she s childless, a recent widow, alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle s Blossom Street, but despite her accomplishments, there s a feeling of emptiness.

On Valentine s Day, Anne Marie and several other widows get together to celebrate...what? Hope, possibility, the future. They each begin a list of twenty wishes, things they always wanted to do but never d
Kayla Edwards
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me. Working in a small town library, you would think that I'd read Debbie Macomber before but this was my first time reading one of her books - and I can safely say it won't be the last. It was incredible to me how something as simple as a plan among four friends to make up and fulfill twenty wishes could snowball into something so much bigger and touch so many lives. I cannot wait to read the rest of this series!
Amy Burt bibliophile
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet story with a happy ending and also liked it by making my own 20 wishes/ goals.
Aliya  Gasımova
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yenə bir Macomber kitabı və yenə ümidlərlə dolu gözyaşları. 4cü Kitabı olan bu kitabı ən çox sevdiyim kitabı oldu. 1 nəfəsə oxudum deyə bilərik. Uzun müddətdir hiss etmədiyim qədər xoşbəxt hiss edirəm özümü. Sabah ilk iş 20 dilək siyahısı yaradacam, məni xoşbəxt edəcək şeylərlə başlayacam siyahıma, düşünərək, əmin olaraq yazacam diləklərimi məndə. Nəticədə "Kalbin sana ne istediyini söyler" və "İsteyince, her sorunun bir çözümü olduğunu anlıyor insan..."
Lauran
Jan 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a Debbie Macomber book in quite a while, and I was pleased with this one. It talks about four widows creating a list of twenty wishes. That are supposed to help them get back to living life. As someone currently dealing with a death in my family it was a great way to remember not to dwell on it, and to remember to keep living your life.
Leyna
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite adult books.
Feb 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Debbie, as she always has been for me, had me entranced and enthralled in this book. The lights had gone out in Georgia and I still couldn't put this book down. I curled up next to the lantern and the window and read each and every page. This book is a keeper.
Gloria
Aug 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those who want a great story
An interesting book that has many surprises. It was great to see how each person's story unfolded. Many great lessons to learn, among them were forgiveness and to look beyond the obvious.
Esra
Apr 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Kitabın ilk başlarında sıkılsam da daha sonra keyifle okudum..
Ama sıkıntılı bir süreç oldu.. Kitabın kendisinde mi, çevirisinde mi, yoksa düzenlemesinde mi bilemiyorum, ama bir sürü sorun vardı.. O yüzden ara ara fenalıklar geçirmeme neden oldu...
Sıradaki kitapta Lydia ile yumak dükkanına geri dönüyoruz.. Anne Marie de varmış yine.. Nedense tuttuğu gelin çiçeğinin Ellen'ın babasıyla ilgili olacağını düşünüyorum ama bakalım :D
Amanda
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I would give this one a 6 out of 5 if I could. This is definetly one of my favorites by Debbie Macomber and I've read at least 2/3 of her books.
Heather
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it of course! 💖💖💖💖 I adore this series!!
April
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

I love Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street books. I think this is the second one I've read (maybe the first one I've finished? but not due to disliking her writing) - I vaguely remember Anne Marie and Ellen and the gang on Blossom Street from another book, but I can't remember which one.

Anyway, this was a pretty awesome book to finish on January first. :) The entire premise is around Anne Marie's friend group making a list of twenty wishes - things that don't have to come true, things that don't
Debbie
Sep 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful addition to the Blossom Street series. The new charecters in the bookstore, the return of old favorite characters, and the connections they make with each other. A group of ladies who have one thing in common, being a widow, set out to make the best of a Valentines Day alone. The idea of making a list of 20 wishes is joking tossed about, then they all decide to do that very thing.
Debbie Macober is such a creative writter that is able to make each persons wishes real, warm a
Bonny
May 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Still travelling, but I have small slips of time where I can read for a moment or three. Finished this book on the short flight from Turin to Munich this afternoon.

Debbie Macomber is another of my favourite authors. So far I have enjoyed every one of her books and have not yet been disappointed with her touching stories. I love the idea of making a list of wishes and taking actions to make them come true. Some occur by happenstance, but I think the desire has to be there and you have to be open
Leslee
Mar 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was I booked I lucked out on. I had never heard of it, but picked it up anyway. It is about 4 widows that get together on Valentines, and decide to make 20 wishes, (not to be confused with goals). It was fun as they each became committed to their wishes that the wish would bring them so much joy. Ann Marie (one of the widows) decided to volunteer in an elementary school and have lunch with an 8 year old girl, which turns out to be so much more. This an easy read but so enjoyable. I loved it ...more
Karenpetersen26
May 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
My Mom gave me this book and said "It was a cute story, that I should read it." I took the book thinking to myself, I will never read it... That night I had some free time so I thought what the heck... I'll read it! To my surprise I liked it and finished the book in three days. I loved how each of these women decided to what makes them happy and no one else. It was a cute book seeing how they made there 20 wishes come true... It made think of what my 20 wishes are... I am actually still in progr ...more
Kristi
Jun 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Twenty Wishes. MANY more than just three! But there is no genie involved. It's all up to you. What does your heart desire? That is the first question, and perhaps the most difficult to answer.

And once you have identified what it is you want, share it with friends, and go out and make it happen!
Cheryl
Nov 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute book! It really made me think about what I would like to do in life that I never seem to find the time for. This book inspired me to have my family make a list of wishes for the Christmas season(wishes that can not be bought with money).
Shelley Giusti
Sep 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
excellent book.
Kristen
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Absolutely loved this book. So far this is my favorite book in the Blossom Street Series. Made me want to start thinking about my own twenty wishes.
Bohdana Muzyka
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
For me, the end of February is the hardest time of the year: cold, colorless, dark and tiring. By the happy coincidence, I came across the "Twenty Wishes" exactly during that season and it helped me realize one more time: no matter how difficult the situation is, there's always a way out and the Spring will come eventually. Just don't stop making wishes. You'll never know when and in what shape they might come true.
A light-hearted and cozy book that tastes good with green tea, honey, and nuts.
Aubrey
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A friend recommended this book to me, and started her own 20 wishes group. We all needed to read the book before the first meeting where we would start our own 20 wishes. This book starts out pretty cheesy. Like really cheesy. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but cried at the end. I got a lot more out of than I expected- like sometimes your wishes are manifested in different ways than you originally had anticipated. It also helped me remember to keep an open heart and mind to possibilities ...more
Barbara ★
This was a surprisingly good book. Years ago, I used to read everything by Debbie Macomber and stopped though I can't remember why. I think it's when I discovered paranormal romance and Debbie's writing no longer appealed. I needed to read something by her for an author of the month challenge so when I saw this audiobook, I jumped on it. It reminded me why I enjoyed her stuff in the past. This is part of the Blossom Street series and though definitely chick-lit, it was very much a tear-jerker.

Fo
Kathryn
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The Happy Housewi...: Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street #5) 1 1 Oct 08, 2015 05:24AM
The Happy Housewi...: Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 1 1 Sep 30, 2015 07:24AM
A good book to read 30 77 May 20, 2013 05:55PM
  • Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)
  • The Master Quilter (Elm Creek Quilts, #6)
  • Knit the Season (Friday Night Knitting Club, #3)
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)
  • Dockside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #3)
  • A Christmas To Remember (Cape Light #7)
  • An Unexpected Family (Ladies of Covington, #7)
  • Pretty Woman
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more

Blossom Street (10 books)
  • The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1)
  • A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2)
  • Susannah's Garden (Blossom Street, #3)
  • Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)
  • Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)
  • Hannah's List (Blossom Street, #7)
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
  • Blossom Street Brides (Blossom Street #10)
“Your heart has to let your head know what it wants.” 23 likes
“Sometimes, I think we're afraid to admit we want certain things. Especially things that contradict the image we have of ourselves.” 15 likes