Start by marking “What's it gonna be?: A romantic comedy set in Mauritius” as Want to Read:
What's it gonna be?: A romantic comedy set in Mauritius

What's it gonna be?: A romantic comedy set in Mauritius

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

They all have a decision to make…
After four years, Lucy feels that it is more than time that Matt pops the question. But Matt has an irrational fear of the “M” word and just can’t say the four words she so desperately wants to hear…. Should Lucy wait, or give Matt an ultimatum? And then the gorgeous Jake comes into the pict
Published December 20th 2014 by Cassandra Piat

To ask other readers questions about What's it gonna be?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's it gonna be?

Start your review of What's it gonna be?: A romantic comedy set in Mauritius
Nico Genes
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. Interesting plot, great descriptions, and nice setting. This beautiful relaxing book makes you rather feel that you are watching a romantic comedy movie. The main character, Lucy, is a young, beautiful, funny, clumsy, curious, smart but no so the workaholic type of person, and a good friend to have around. She has also Matt by her side, the guy she is in love with and have been in a relationship for already four years. Something is missing: His wish to commit. This proves to ...more
Carissa Lynch
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I LOVED Lucy! She's pretty, funny, clumsy, and hilarious. Kudos to the author for creating such an amazing, likable character. So Lucy is in a bit of a pickle -- she's stuck between her ex-boyfriend Matt and new pretty boy Jake. She also has a stalker problem and some nutty friends! I just loved every minute of this book. The characters were well-developed and lovable in their own ways. It's light. It's funny. The writing is impeccable and story so well-plotted. It flowed perfectly ...more
Ellie Midwood
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a beautiful summer read, very light-hearted and so delicious! The main character Lucy, charmingly disorganized and adorably clumsy, finds herself in between her ex-boyfriend Matt, who can’t find the courage to finally propose to her after a four year relationship, and gorgeous Jake, who is almost a picture perfect guy any girl would be happy to be with. Add to this sunny cocktail an obsessed stalker, a couple of eccentric girlfriends whose love life can also be a plot for a separate bo ...more
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Nikita by: Cassandra Piat
Read the Review and Enter Giveaway to win 5 copies of the book! Open Worldwide. Ends 12th Dec. http://www.njkinnysblog.com/2015/12/b...

Set on the small island country of Mauritius, What's it gonna be? by Cassandra Piat is the story of Lucy who has been in a relationship with Matt for four years. Madly in love, she is ready to take the next step but Matt never commits!
Is Lucy and Matt destined to be together or will they just drift apart?

I loved the cover of the book and it's unconventional title that made me go a
TDCbookreviews
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Lucy Evans is a normal 26 year old woman who lives on Mauritius (an island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Africa). She has been in a relationship with her boyfriend Matt for four years and they are deeply in love. The problem, however, is that Lucy’s sights are set on the future- marriage and kids- but Matt isn't in any hurry to settle down and commit. Lucy has to do what's best for her and she isn't entirely sure that it includes Matt anymore.
My first impression of the book was how
Samantha March
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lucy knows she needs to make a change. Though head over heels in love with her long-time boyfriend, Matt, she can’t be truly happy knowing Matt won’t ever take the plunge and marry her. She understands that in order to find true happiness, she needs to let Matt go, and find someone who will give her everything she wants from a relationship. After going through the breakup, Lucy is devastated. Her girlfriends try to help her move on, setting her up on blind dates, and distracting her with their o ...more
K.J. Simmill
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lucy loves Matt, they have been together for over four years, they've had their ups and downs but always end up back together. But recently Lucy has become discontent, her job is going no where and Matt's fear of commitment means the much desired ring on the finger seems nothing more than a pipe dream. Forced to re-evaluate what she wants from life, and whether or not it is something Matt will be a part of, she begins to doubt her relationship, question the direction they are heading, or if they ...more
Aarohi Brar
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderfully written romantic comedy set in the exotic location of Mauritius. Lucy Evans and her boyfriend of four years have a great life together. They are very much in love and at ease with one another. Lucy is a completely crazy and hilarious woman with friends of every sort imaginable. Her dialogues and habits made me laugh. Matt adores her. He knows her from the inside out and loves her for all of what makes her, her. But is that love enough?
Will he be able to draw the
Mary Yarde
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is decision time for Lucy Evan's. Should she stay with her marriage-phobic, long-term boyfriend, or should she move on and find someone who isn't scared of uttering the words "I DO?"

If you are a fan of Helen Fielding's, Bridget Jones's Diary, then you are so going to love this book. It has been a while since a book has made me laugh so hard that I was wiping away tears and in the next moment, crying because something so incredibly moving has happened. I can not express how much I
Diana Febry
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars rounded to 5.
A well written romantic comedy set in Mauritius. The target age group is probably under 30s but I'm 50ish and thoroughly enjoyed the story.
The story is based around a Lucy a secretary unchallenged at work and frustrated by her four year relationship with Matt going nowhere and her friends and their relationships.
The writing and dialogue flowed naturally making this a very easy book to read. Two particular laugh out loud moments for me was the blind date w
R.A. Winter
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very well written book. I really enjoyed it. The characters were wonderfully developed. The book captures a young girls struggles with love in a paradise setting. We've all been there and have asked the same question... Is he the one? But, what if you think he's the one and he thinks everything is great? When do you move on?

What better way to move on then to get drunk? Maybe drunk Karaoke?

Her friends are funny and supportive throughout as they battle their own problems with hilariou
Molly
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful romance in a smashing location. Having been to the island of Mauritius myself I really enjoyed the references to the surroundings. At heart there is a fun main character, with quirks and oddities and her romantic and professional choices.
The narrative voice is instantly likable and you can just sit back and relax and enjoy the story. Light-hearted but not mindless this is much better than I would have thought it to be.
A perfect beach or comfort read - if you don't smile while
Beth Hale
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a cute, light-hearted book. Lucy is stuck in a 4 year will-he-or-won't-he relationship with Matt. Deciding she's had enough of his indecisiveness, she ends things and goes on a man hunt.

I enjoyed the humor. I was laughing out loud about her blind date and stalker problems. Lucy has a vast array of friends that offer her support during this trying time in her life. I don't want to give away the plot, but I was holding my breath, waiting for her to make her own decision at the end.
Jana Petken
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I could imagine reading this lovely novel on the beach. It is an easy, relaxing plot with a likeable protagonist, 'to and froing' between the men in her life.

When, as a reader, I connect with the character's voice, I immediately sit back and get stuck in until I am too tired to read any more. With, What's it Gonna Be, I had a welcome break from reality, and immersed myself completely. The quirky dialogue and laugh out loud moments were perfectly timed.

All in all this was delightful
Jalpa Williby
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet story about love and commitment. I enjoyed the characters-they were very likable. The author did a great job building the plot as well. This is a story that probably every girl has lived through, so I really liked the fact that the author made it so real.

I enjoyed how the author used humor throughout the story. I love how the main character was goofy, silly, and completely unorganized...I could totally relate to her. I recommend this story to anybody who is wanting to
Cherime MacFarlane
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read. I really did like Lucy, her guy, not so much. But we all have issues we need to overcome. It was also interesting to visit another place in the world too. Quite entertaining and I got into the story and didn't want to put it down. Finally gave up and read it all the way through. If you are looking for a bit of fun, look no further.
Maria
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A light-hearted romance book set in the island of Mauritius. Lucy, in her twenties, is in a four year relationship with Matt who does not want to commit. Lucy decides to date Jake, and her feelings go back and forth between Matt and Jake.

There were parts of the book that made me laugh. This is a good and easy read. Well-written with interesting characters.
Charline Bonham
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I was provided this ebook for a review.
Lucy want to have a home and family but Matt will not commit. They have been dating for 4 years and he still cannot make himself commit. She finally gives him the boot and tries to move on. This is a good read and beautiful setting for the story. You'll want to see if they ever get together or find another path.
Christine
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A funny rom-com which takes you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions with Lucy as she brings you along on her journey to find love and happiness. She's accompanied by her two close friends, Vic & Olivia on journeys of their own which add drama, tears and laughter along the way.
Lucinda Clarke
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A LIGHT, EASY READ
I don’t normally read romances but this book caught my eye as it was set in Mauritius. It flowed well and the characters were easy to relate to. I read it in a couple of days, a good book for a holiday weekend when you feel like relaxing.
InD'tale Magazine
Heartwarming, quirky and honest, “What's it Gonna Be?” has just the right mix of humor and romantic tension.

Read full review in the 2016 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Ali Dumbell
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Holiday read by a woman who really knows about life in Mauritius.
Funny and light hearted, we follow the story of a couple who are trying to work out their relationship and their futures - together or separate. Makes me want to head back to that wonderful paradise - Mauritius!
Yogeenee
Jan 21, 2015
Anna
Feb 09, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Please update book cover 4 22 May 23, 2016 04:15AM
Visit my Facebook page and become a fan

I am a part-time English Tutor and a full-time disorganised mother and housewife!! I spend my life trying to remember not to forget the 101 things on my Things-to-do list - but seem to fail spectacularly most of the time! Whenever I have some free time I am either with my head in a book, or on my computer creating my own books!

I am big fan of rom-c