Start by marking “In Zach's Arms (Once A Marine Always A Marine, #1)” as Want to Read:
In Zach's Arms (Once A Marine Always A Marine, #1)

In Zach's Arms

(Once A Marine Always A Marine #1)

Romance author, Elizabeth Russell lives alone, works alone, and that’s that way she likes it. No ties, no relationships, no complications. But when her apartment is broken into and it looks more personal than per-chance, she finds herself running to the only person who can protect her—too bad he also has the most potential to crush her world.

Former Marine turned
Published January 11th 2015 by CoKeA, LLC

To ask other readers questions about In Zach's Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Zach's Arms

Start your review of In Zach's Arms (Once A Marine Always A Marine, #1)
CC

I will start with saying second chance is not my thing BUT I had no issues with this one. Best friends in high school, Beth and Zach loved each other but Beth had a horrible home life and was incapable of commitment. They had not had sex. Not even sure they had kissed. So it was a sweet first love but nothing more. Zach wanted to marry her but she had issues so he left for the marines. They kept in touch as friends but did not see each other.

Now they are thrown together and sparks fly.
Victoria
3.25-3.50 RATING- short but enjoyable enough fluffy guilty pleasure read. A damsel in distress (that got on my nerves with her independence in the face of danger), a protective hero with a sweet streak, and decent writing. Not much to work with but worked for an in between book just fine. I plan to read the next books now they are available through Kindle Unlimited.
I.Heart.Romance
4 Stars

* * * POSSIBLE SPOILERS * * *

BOOK: #1 of the ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE series. Can be read as a standalone. Novella length. Kindle loc: 1500

POV: third person, multiple POVs - H, h, Elizabeth's "secret admirer"

EDITING: good - only a couple minor errors found

HERO: Zacharias "Zach" Steele--Ex-Marine, current security specialist. Grew up in a foster home next door to Elizabeth. Gruff, serious, 6'3 with shaggy brown hair, blue eyes, carved muscles.

HEROINE: Elizabeth "Beth"
Patricia
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Marines, crazy stalker, romance, this book has it all. Once I started reading I was unable to put it down and ended up reading it in one sitting. I can't wait for more books by this author!
Jo-Ann Carter
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zack and Beth

I enjoyed their story very much. Can you do Jesse's next , I think he has a special story of his own. Then we can check on Beth and Zack too.
veda buntain
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book

This book starts off entertaining and stays. I had to read it strait thru i couldn't put it down. Loved it
Jen_C
May 2016 Prime borrow.

I really enjoyed this one. Zach loves and understands Beth perfectly. Love the bond between him and his BFF Jesse James Calhoun too.
Debra Brashear
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.

I really loved this book. Lori David is new author for me, and I'm so glad to have discovered her. The characters are finely drawn and she tells a good story. I'm ready to dive into the second in the series.
Julia
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick story. Plot draws you in right away with a few red herrings to keep you guessing until the end.
Tiffany Reads It All
In Zach's Arms is book #1 in the Once a Marine Always a Marine series. This is a novella, but I felt that the plot was pretty well-developed, despite the shorter length of the story. There are some suspenseful moments that kept the pace moving quickly and made me want to keep reading. This was my first time reading anything by this author and I enjoyed her writing style. I'll be reading the next book in the series.

Elizabeth (Beth) is a paranormal romance author who hasa fairly isolated life. She
Dayreader Reviews
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Zach's Arms, is the first book in the Once a Marine, Always a Marine series, by debut author, Kori David. I was pleasantly surprised by how exciting this book was from the suspense aspect. It kept my pages turning, and I finished this in one sitting. This is defiantly a great addition to the romantic suspense genre.

Have you ever had a stalker, or someone that made you feel eerie? Well Elizabeth Russell more than feels a little eerie! Her apartment has been broken into, and it looks very
Tina
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Zach’s Arms by Kori David is the start to the Once a Marine, Always a Marine series. I liked the pace of this book, really well done. No real grammatical errors, very well edited on that front. Elizabeth has come home to see her place trashed yet again. She has moved to Phoenix a little over a month ago and really has been having problems.
What I found unbelievable about her situation is the police seem rather in inept. They make no real effort to find who is doing this to her. They keep
Books and Spoons
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The suspense starts off from the page one, and builds up from there. There's danger and fear present and palpable, and the only place Beth feels safe in, is Zach's arms.
The story builds up well, part of the story is told from the villain's point of view, giving it more depth and intensity. The author manages to hold the identity of the villain, till the end, a great achievement for a debut book.
The love between Beth and Zach has always been there. The issues Beth has from her childhood home,
AWB
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Okay, I am going to continue this series, let me preface this review by saying that.

However, THIS book got on my nerves. Neither of the characters could man up and discuss their feelings. Put shit on the table. Zach was MUCH better at that shit than the h.

The h was a complete asshole. Her STUPID insecurities that stemmed from her parents not only had me rolling my eyes (I get it her dad was an asshole, so instead of learning her lesson and rising above him, she retreated and let him win), but
Merle
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Novella of the "Once A Marine, Always A Marine" series. This first one involves a writer who is being stalked. The stalker's overtures are getting more and more dangerous and Beth takes refuge with old friend Zach, former Marine, now security consultant. Beth shies away from any commitment because of the way she grew up - with a controlling father who completely dominated her and her mother. She has vowed to never allow anyone to do that to her, so she has become a loner who needs no one. She ...more
Susan
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Unconditional love

Zach loved Beth from high school. She was unable to accept his love or any love because of her childhood. Her father terrorized her and her mother and her mother was a weak woman who accepted the abuse.

When Beth became the target of a sociopathic stalker she ran back to Zack the only person she had ever trusted. He was there for her with open arms. They had to work through some issues before they achieved their HEA.
Ruth Elaine
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really good story.

I haven't heard of this author before, and saw a link to this book. The blurb sounded good so I took a chance. This was a very good story. I was alittle worried at first, but it quickly became a page turner! The pace is great and the characters were great! I am definitely going to look for more by this author!!
Birdie
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
These books pack just the right amount of fluff in a quick read. I would rate this one higher, except that the h had more than one TSTL moment. That said, I did read the next one in the series, and plan on reading the third book. Great for a quick afternoon read as long as you can get over how quickly EVERYTHING happens in the story.
Brenda
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Short and sweet - quick read, appropriate amount of obligatory smut. The two characters already had a foundation that the story was built upon but wasn't revealed to the reader....Wish the author had developed their history more for us .....pity.
Yasmin Vasquez
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very good

Very good book of course you have been the alpha male and the damsel in distress. It just so happens in the book Beth and Zack have a history together that is so deep when she needs him he is there in more ways then one.
Keri
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Good story loved the romance wanting to protect her but also wanting what he wanted when was a kid to marry her and she at the end really looking and finding she loves him too and wants to be his wife some language too
Hot Reading Mom
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth is a writer that has a fear of commitment and a stalker. She runs to the one man who makes her feel safe. Zach a former Marine has always loved Elizabeth and would do any thing to help her...but will it be enough? Great start to a series. Can't wait to download book 2.
Michele bookloverforever
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
stalker scares female writer. she turns to ex marine old boyfriend. love results. stalker strikes, woman injured but stalker caught by hero. ends happily when writer discovers her old fear of marriage gone and love is right in front of her and always has been.
Sassy Bama Girl
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite series this year. It takes the ex-marine books to a level all of their own. I love the Alpha male being all protective!!!
Carol and Gary Curtis
Interesting story. Plot was good and hung together well. Mostly romance with a hint of action. Worth the time.
Gh Lover
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great first book of the series

Love the characters right from the start. The story is captivating and believable. The action moves at a good pace. Good weekend reading.
Pam Belkevitz
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read

Great read. Love the story line and it's easy to read......nothing too complicated. Nice book to read on a rainy day.
Colleen101comcast.Net
Cute story. But very short. A little too short. But I would recommend it. It was my first time reading anything from Kori David. I will read the rest of this series for sure.
Eryn Louise
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I finished it, however it was a struggle I liked the story line, but didn't feel the author pulled it off- at times it was like reading a script and unnatural..

• Until the Stars Fade: A Love at First Sight novella
  • The Chain of Destiny
  • The Whispers (The Hollows - Short Story, #1)
  • Closer (Stage Dive, #4.6)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Forever with the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force #7.5)
  • Crazy, Stupid Sex
  • Strong (Stage Dive, #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #88)
  • Just Ride (Legion of Guardians #1)
  • Midnight Untamed (Midnight Breed #14.5; 1001 Dark Nights #47)
  • A Valentine's Surprise (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Under the Mistletoe with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1.5)
  • Exposed (Erotic Romance Novella)
  • Survival Lessons
  • Last Chance Rebel (Copper Ridge, #6)
  • Part Time Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #1)
  • Brokedown Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #2)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)

Once A Marine Always A Marine (3 books)
  • Lily's Outlaw (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #2)
  • Finding Dani (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #3)
“When are you going to marry her?

“As soon as I can find a preacher willing to perform a ceremony with a handcuffed and gagged bride,” Zach replied grimly.”
1 likes
“She was everything that was beautiful in his world. His light, his smile, his heart. If anything happened to her, he would die. But he couldn’t keep her in a cage or behind glass, because then she would die. Or leave him. And that, he couldn’t stand.” 0 likes